Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should major Lorne have a bigger role in atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should major Lorne have a bigger role in atlantis?

IMO YES the fans really enjoy him and personally I feel that he would add a lot to the show if giving screen time and development

feel free to add
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

IMO, no. We have 6 regulars already, and it's hard enough servicing them as it is. Lorne is great, but very much a secondary character. He was on screen about the right amount last season, IMO.
    sigpic

Comment

well maybe a not a regular unless there dump another cast member

Comment

I like him as recurring, but I would like to see an episode with him, and no Shep. Sometimes I get a feeling he just might be a more interesting character. *dodges bullets*

And someone give the poor guy a first name!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
          IMO, no. We have 6 regulars already, and it's hard enough servicing them as it is. Lorne is great, but very much a secondary character. He was on screen about the right amount last season, IMO.
          I'm with Linzi at this point. I've pretty much figured the reason that SGA is suffering on a certain level is its character usage. If some people are willing to take a backseat in a few eps, and some writers didn't prefer a character over another....then I would say maybe he should be regular. But with a cast so large, not to count the roles of enemies like...the Wraith who were the main characers getting developed in S2, I don't think there's much room left.

VB
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            I like him as recurring, but I would like to see an episode with him, and no Shep. Sometimes I get a feeling he just might be a more interesting character. *dodges bullets*

And someone give the poor guy a first name!
            alan

Comment

We may have six regulars but more often than not, two or more of them are ignored or marginalized and the focus is narrow. Atlantis is a an expedition it's not SG1. There are supposed to professionals of multiple disciplines working togther to learn about Atlantis and the galaxy and yet...not so much. If expanding the focus to include Major Lorne, lets us see other people besides Shepphard and Mckay getting things done, I'm all for it.... besides, I like him.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I love Lorne but dont see how he would fit in as a regular, it seems to work with him as a recurring character, but i would like to see a little more of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                  IMO YES the fans really enjoy him and personally I feel that he would add a lot to the show if giving screen time and development
                  That depends. I'd like him to get more screen-time and development, yes of course, but I wouldn't want him to be a main character. TPTB can't even figure out the main characters they already have, so adding another would only make things worse. Even if he were added at another character's expense, the main characters (those who aren't McKay, anyway) get so little development and such poor stories that it wouldn't be worth it. Lorne works better as a recurring character and he gets better development/storytime because of that.

But there's also the flipside to consider. The more we find out about him and the more "likeable" he becomes, the greater the chances of him bein killed off to prove some stupid point about how "no one is safe".

On that score, being a main character would help because the main characters are gods who cannot be destroyed. Ever. But that's a poor trade off, IMO. I'll take my chances with him dying if it means that he gets to have some actual development and fun storylines. But in the long run, I'd prefer to keep him at least SLIGHTLY under the radar so he'll stand a chance of living longer.

Comment

In one word, no. I do quite enjoy Lorne, but I want him as a recurring background character. The writers need to work on Shep, Weir, etc. and if Lorne were put more in the foreground, who should go more in the background? You can't have one without the other, so, I'm content with Lorne being backup.

Comment

I think in both Stargate shows they do recurring characters very well and they're some of my favorite characters. Lorne is great where is now imo. Although he needs a first name.

Comment

I don't think Lorne should have a bigger role in Atlantis. Like a lot of people said, first all the other characters. Besides I like the way it is now with Lorne.
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

I like Lorne, I think he's cool. Maybe they should make him Weir's or Teyla's love interest...he'd get more screen time and someone other than Shep can get the ladies for once.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think it would work if they gave Lorne a fifth of Rodney's scenes. I like the idea of Lorne developing a relationship with Liz or Teyla. It could be kept in the background just to add a little spice to the show.

Comment

I disagree, I think Lorne needs less time than what he has now.

Comment

Working...
                              X