This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why all the Grodin hate?

There seems to be a lot of negative feeback on the board towards the character Grodin. I think he's quite a good character and has a quirky voice. I just don't understand where all the hate is coming from?

Isn't he like the Atlantis technician, similar to Gary Jones' character?
    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

He has a much bigger role then Gary Jones' character... I love all the characters except Peter Grodin and Dr. Weir... I don't know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
      There seems to be a lot of negative feeback on the board towards the character Grodin. I think he's quite a good character and has a quirky voice. I just don't understand where all the hate is coming from?
      I haven't seen any Grodin hate? Who hates Peter? Do you have a link to said hateful remarks?
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Yeah, I haven't noticed any negativity towards the character, either. In fact, I can't remember hearing much of anything having been said about him.
        Last edited by Ugly Pig; 26 July 2004, 03:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I've noticed people saying they didn't like the character, but nothing insulting or demeaning to the character or the actor.

Comment

Just in various threads, there has been a lot of negativity towards Grodin. I don't see why there should be so much hate, he's a good character.
            "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

I like the character also. He may have more to do in the Atlantis than those in SG-1 because they do not have the people from Earth to do his job until they start training the Athosians to help out. (Which they do.) Maybe other allies will be trained to help out in the central core.

Comment

Well of course people are gonna hate Grodin, he isn't as good as Chevron Guy!

Sorry. Had to snark about that. I think Grodin's role on the show is intended to be quite different from what Chevron Guy did. As I said somewhere, I think he's already had more dialogue in two eps than Wally had in two years.

I don't have any strong feelings about the character one way or the other, but I'm more inclined to like him than to gripe. My only surprise was when Weir first said his name, I thought she said Grogan and I was like "Woo! Grogan!" Then I realised my mistake. *sigh* Ah well. We've hardly seen anything of the G-man. Bit hard to be condemning him already.

Comment

That middle easternish dudes name is Grodin?!?! I didnt even know he had a name! WOW!
                  "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I read a few Grodin Hater posts, but not much. I like the character, and there's just something cool about his voice. According to IMDB the actor was in Grace, I wonder if he could have been playing the same character in that ep.
                    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Until I read this thread, I wasn't even sure who Grodin was/is, much less that anyone "hated" him. IMO, he's just there so far. He's there to provide the other characters - mostly McKay - with someone to exchange banter. There isn't enough there-there to "hate". Sheesh!

p.s. IMO, "hate" is a strong word...to be reserved for things like politics and brussel sprouts.
                      Last edited by Anthro Girl; 27 July 2004, 12:22 AM. Reason: I ended that sentence with a preposition...aayieee!
                      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                      once done, cannot be undone...
                      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoBoY
                        That middle easternish dudes name is Grodin?!?! I didnt even know he had a name! WOW!
                        His name is Dr. Peter Grodin and he's British.

Comment

I like the character personally I just have a couple of gripes with the producers/casting/costume......

A)Is it possible to have an English character with a normal accent in any US TV show. As far as american casters seem to be concerned in the UK theres only two types of people. The posh upper class, I.E Grodin or the low down cockney scum I.E Spike from Buffy/Angel or Badger from Firefly and that weapons dealer in 'Smoke and Mirrors'.

B) If Beckett wears a scottish flag patch why does Grodin where a Union Jack. Either they should both have Union Jacks OR Grodin should have a Georges Cross.

SORT IT TPTB.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                            If Beckett wears a Scottish flag patch why does Grodin where a Union Jack. Either they should both have Union Jacks OR Grodin should have a Georges Cross.
                            Maybe people from the United Kingdom got their choice of whether to where the Union Jack or their own regional flag. I know people say "well then the Americans should wear their state flag" but it's not quote the same thing. It is my understanding that the UK is made up of several different countries federated under the national entity of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, whereas the U.S. states would not be considered "countries" because the North won the Civil War.

Bottom line: I think the people from the UK got their choice of which flag to wear, and most opted for the Union Jack (as I would have). Perhaps Dr. Beckett has some very personal reason for choosing the Scottish flag over the Union Jack, that will be explored later in the series.

If I'm wrong please let me know.

Comment

Someone mentioned Dr. Weir, I think she's kinds sexy..and as for Grodin, if he's the British medical doctor, he's Scottish

Comment

Working...
                              X