This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasteless and insulting PMs...

I just got a very tasteless and insulting PM. I am not going to say who sent the message or what it was about, unless you want to reveal yourself. I have sent a PM to a mod who will hopefully take some action against you.

This thread was started as to see what mods and member reaction with regrards to insulting PMs...

if i was a mod or admin and someone sent a complaint to me about an insuting PM i would permaban the person who sent it

Comment

Insults and personal attacks via Private Message are against GateWorld forum policy and are dealt with in the same manner as insults and personal attacks in public. That being said, only Darren can determine whether or not someone deserves a "permaban."
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I think a permaban is a little steep in this case. I would be happy with a simple apology.

However, that would be up to the mods of course.

Comment

Tyler is the crusader against those types of PMs are you Tyler.
          Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
            Tyler is the crusader against those types of PMs are you Tyler.
            I enforce GateWorld policy, regardless of what policy has been broken.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
              I just got a very tasteless and insulting PM. I am not going to say who sent the message or what it was about, unless you want to reveal yourself. I have sent a PM to a mod who will hopefully take some action against you.

This thread was started as to see what mods and member reaction with regrards to insulting PMs...
              OK ... that's just ridiculous.

Now, I know sometimes BigGator 5 can get under peoples noses - heck, I've felt like throwing something through my computer screen after reading some of his posts ( ), but I've never felt the need to red rep him, let alone send him an insulting message - there's just no need for it - it's not right.

I hope someone gets a severe warning. Where's MC's spoon when you need it ... ah yes, Tame has a Spork ...

scuttles off to find Tame
              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                OK ... that's just ridiculous.

Now, I know sometimes BigGator 5 can get under peoples noses - heck, I've felt like throwing something through my computer screen after reading some of his posts ( ), but I've never felt the need to red rep him, let alone send him an insulting message - there's just no need for it - it's not right.

I hope someone gets a severe warning. Where's MC's spoon when you need it ... ah yes, Tame has a Spork ...

scuttles off to find Tame
                I agree with you anyone that does such a thing should get a sever warning.

So do you think I should report the PM I got from someone that said "......that is why you got the red ***hole". Of course maybe thats just rude and tasteless and insulting is something else . I dont know, somehow I have never managed to upset anyone that badly.... yet(not sure how)......

gee I wonder who could have sent me that pm anyway? hmmmmmmmm.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

My personal opinion is what happens in PMs stays in PMs. If someone sends you an insulting PM, then delete it and add them to ignore list. If the mods start going into PMs, then how are they private? Might as well have the discussion out in the forum at that point.

Also, not to be mean BigGator, but you haven't exactly been the politest person either in the forums. I'm not saying two wrongs make a right, but my point is that you got a second chance and you realized (hopefully) that you crossed the line. Don't you think whoever this individual is deserves the same opportunity? Just ignore them and be done with it. You making an issue out of it is what they want.

Comment

Yeah I am with walter. PM's are PM's. I would also like to say an insult is as bad as an accustaion. That one if for you Tyler did you warn him huh? He gave me a groundless accusation of breaking the rules. In the real world we call that a witch hunt. They really don't end well. So don't try to play the diplomat when you are as baised as the day is long.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      I agree with you anyone that does such a thing should get a severe warning.

So do you think I should report the PM I got from someone that said "......that is why you got the red ***hole". Of course maybe thats just rude and tasteless and insulting is something else . I dont know, somehow I have never managed to upset anyone that badly.... yet(not sure how)......

gee I wonder who could have sent me that pm anyway? hmmmmmmmm.
                      Just let me know who did it, AGateFan, and I'll take care of it. I've got your back, especially now that I'm apparently a "crusader" for PM enforcement.

But seriously, that PM was way over the line and you should definitely report it.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                        Just let me know who did it, AGateFan, and I'll take care of it. I've got your back, especially now that I'm apparently a "crusader" for PM enforcement.

But seriously, that PM was way over the line and you should definitely report it.
                        Naw, just someone expessing their opinion. Lifes too short to get too upset about stuff like that. Now bad writing on TV shows, thats something worth spending time getting upset about

EDIT: Sorry, Perceived bad writing on TV shows.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Tyler is that an insult. I think it is. I am going to darren with this. You broke the rules.

Comment

Aye, I ever so rarely get those, and I've never gotten one from gateworld, but I ususally take my time to write up a sarcastic witty response that translates into 'Up yours'.
                            sigpic
                            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

If anyone receives something in a PM that they find breaks the forum rules, then please, forward that PM to a mod and if we agree with you, we can take action.

If the PM's people are sending you aren't breaking the rules but are something you don't want to get, then put that person on ignore, just like you would on AIM or YIM.

You can also turn off the receive PM feature or turn off the e-mail feature
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X