This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian Opening Credits

I really like these, and was wondering what people thought about them.

Here is a link to a video of the credits for those who have not seen them.

http://media.putfile.com/Atlantis1

What do you think?

theyre so cool ive seen 2 eps that hav them i assume theyll be the 1s the use in the 2nd half of the series

Comment

Yep very nice, very classy...good to see we have our theme music back! (SGA has one of the coolest music signatures on TV).

Comment

I love them!

Comment

The Canadian Opening credits are dif then the U.S???
          Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
          sigpic

Comment

they re at the moment in canada they get a proper length opening but sci fi are gonna use full length openings in the 2nd halves sci fi kinda did did this with bsg as well they stopped showing the ep summary at the beginning

Comment

Season One's opening credits were way better. I hate the arsty-fartsy crap they did with season two.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by James_the_Wraith_Sympathiser
                Yep very nice, very classy...good to see we have our theme music back! (SGA has one of the coolest music signatures on TV).
                I couldn't believe that they stripped away the credits for SG-1 and Atlantis -- the theme music for both of them is phenomenal and it really gets you "in the mood" (or is that just me? ) These are very well done, and I'm glad that they've decided to reinstate them.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                  I couldn't believe that they stripped away the credits for SG-1 and Atlantis -- the theme music for both of them is phenomenal and it really gets you "in the mood" (or is that just me? ) These are very well done, and I'm glad that they've decided to reinstate them.
                  the makers/producer, did not cut the intro, Sci Fi channel did. So what you have seen on the canada episode, is the normal intro as it should be. But some television shows cut the credits down to maken more money on longer commercials.

Comment

will the opening credits be the same as the canadian version for every country??
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                      Season One's opening credits were way better. I hate the arsty-fartsy crap they did with season two.
                      I like the new one better. I feel that the season one style of opening credits has been done before on many sci-fi shows, and that season 2 style feels more of an evolution.

Comment

I don't watch SGA any longer, but I love these credits. Think my favourite bit is seeing Carson in the mix.

Albion
                        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

I second that...I miss Joe Flanigan and that rather huge artillery piece...

However, anything that brings that fantastic music back is most welcome...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

True, however there some good moments in the credits that could be added to Season one credits. (the jumper before the wormhole sequence and the wraith ship blowing up right after the wormhole sequence, that one many things).
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                              True, however there some good moments in the credits that could be added to Season one credits. (the jumper before the wormhole sequence and the wraith ship blowing up right after the wormhole sequence, that one many things).
                              And in the new one there are some nice shots of the Deddy exiting hyperspace and fighting some Wrath ships.

Comment

Working...
                              X