This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is this cutie??

Can some one please tell me what's the name of this cutie??

SGA "Duet"
    BSG convert....

Just a note, you could have posted this in the Duet thread... instead of making a new thread- best to see if there's already an appropriate one before doing so. Search is your friend.

It's Major Lorne, he has a thunk thread here .

Comment

His character is Major Lorne, USAF, and the actor that plays him is Kavan Smith.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        Just a note, you could have posted this in the Duet thread... instead of making a new thread- best to see if there's already an appropriate one before doing so. Search is your friend.

Ah Purpleyin that is great advice but in this case I think like me she just had no idea who he was, his name. We have not seen his eps in Australia yet, well not really. I was thinking the same thing when all those sig with him started to show up. Who is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
          Ah Purpleyin that is great advice but in this case I think like me she just had no idea who he was, his name.
          Yeah, using the search function to find "cutie" probably wouldn't have worked.
          We have not seen his eps in Australia yet, well not really. I was thinking the same thing when all those sig with him started to show up. Who is he?
          Major Lorne seems like he is next in line after Sheppard in the chain of command (unless there is another Major with seniority) so we'll probably be seeing him quite a bit.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

i think's he's taken bates' position. military second in command, i guess. well, i guess it would've been ford who was second in command for military. so maybe he's taken ford's place.
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
              Yeah, using the search function to find "cutie" probably wouldn't have worked. Major Lorne seems like he is next in line after Sheppard in the chain of command (unless there is another Major with seniority) so we'll probably be seeing him quite a bit.
              Ah Purpleyin that is great advice but in this case I think like me she just had no idea who he was, his name. We have not seen his eps in Australia yet, well not really. I was thinking the same thing when all those sig with him started to show up. Who is he?
              Both true, however, if you know that person is in an episode - of which you already have the name and season number to be able to look up that thread with (which they do have right under the pic they posted) - then posting such a question on the episode thread is highly likely to get your answer without cluttering up the forums so much.
              Last edited by Purpleyin; 12 August 2005, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Both true, however, if you know that person is in an episode - of which you already have the name and season number to be able to look up that thread with (which they do have right under the pic they posted) - then posting such a question on the episode thread is highly likely to get your answer without cluttering up the forums so much.
                As I said we have well not to my knowledge seen him in Australia yet. So other than maybe harrassing users with questions like who is in your sig? What do you do? You start a thread. Mind you I have seen many stupid threads on here, like that one about the mice. Sorry.

Comment

As I said we have well not to my knowledge seen him in Australia yet. So other than maybe harrassing users with questions like who is in your sig? What do you do? You start a thread. Mind you I have seen many stupid threads on here, like that one about the mice. Sorry.
                  I wasn't questioning your possibly starting a thread on him, but the person who started this one, Kookaburra, knew what episode they were in.
                  Originally posted by Kookaburra
                  Can some one please tell me what's the name of this cutie??
                  http://members.optusnet.com.au/dfabbri/sgadude.jpg
                  SGA "Duet"
                  That's why I was questioning why they hadn't asked on the Duet thread instead of starting this one.

Kookaburra, hope you're not offended by me pointing this out. I don't mean any harm by it. I'm probably being pedantic but there have been so many needless posts cluttering the forums as of late that I'm getting a bit less tolerant towards it. I know this one isn't silly like some but it still could have been placed better, anyway, hope the link I gave was helpful, and he is a cutie for sure.

Comment

Hey everyone.. I went to Imdb and looked him up. Here is the link in case anyone else wants to look.. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0808902/

I hope that the link works! Catharine
                    Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

am i the only one who hates people like this. ya know sometimes its fun to start new threads. and more people view a new thread with a witty tittle such as this one, so if you don't want to contribute to a thread its this button right here:

Get YOUR P90 Here!
                      Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

Originally posted by whatswiththehairtealc
                        am i the only one who hates people like this. ya know sometimes its fun to start new threads. and more people view a new thread with a witty tittle such as this one
                        So you hate me on the basis that I pointed out there was already a thread this would come under? And now I come under 'people like this', just for doing so? You're not even addressing me directly with your complaint about me, which is rather rude really.

Replying to your comment (and not relating to the person who started this thread), I'm sorry but regardless of how fun starting a new thread is people ought to try to stick to posting relevantly, or else you get a gazillion new threads only a few of which are actually really new topics - which makes finding the actual new topics harder. Starting threads shouldn't be about ego of having your name on the front, or your better title or getting more hits - the forums for discussion and having posts in relevant places makes it easier to discuss stuff, without things being all over the place. It's even part of the forum FAQ - so it isn't just me being nitpicky, it's forum policy - see this quote.

Originally posted by GateWorld FAQ
                        # Look for the right thread. If you can find a thread already discussing a topic or episode, post there instead of starting a new thread. Every episode already has its own thread in each season's "Episodes" subfolder. (If you can't find it, look for the "Discuss" link on that episode's page in GateWorld's episode guide.) Moderators may close redundant threads from time to time, so that members aren't confused and conversations aren't schizophrenic. Please don't take it personally!

If your topic doesn't already have a good thread and is worth a thread of its own, feel free to start it in the appropriate folder! Do not create multiple copies of the same thread.
                        Is it so hard to post stuff where it belongs, and take some time to find those places? You might not get some happy from posting on another thread the same as being able to make a new one with a name you prefer but it saves time for other people who click on the new thread title wondering what it is only to find out it isn't some new really and belongs elsewhere - not to menton putting stuff in the right places saves times for the moderators who may have to merge a thread anyway.

I know there are plenty of stuff which deserves a new thread because there are similar topics but that they don't quite fit into, but generally speaking a number of threads haven't been lately and I'm not surprised if there are more people who take the same attitude as you. It's a matter of common sense and respect for other users, making the forums easier to browse and not wasting anyone's time on something that looked new, but may not be so at all.

Me, and anyone else annoyed by this, dealing with it by hitting back button won't really help because already have wasted time on it by it's existence and curiousity that it might be something amazingly new and groundbreaking. Starting unecessary new is somewhat excusable for people who are new and haven't got used to the forums, but to think going around making new threads for stuff that exists already should be okay to make yourself feel self-important is rather selfish IMO.

And if you're annoyed at my attempts to be help or to explain my opinion and what forum policy on the matter is then you can always use the same button too.

[QUOTE=whatswiththehairtealc]... so if you don't want to contribute to a thread its this button right here:

Comment

[QUOTE=Purpleyin]So you hate me on the basis that I pointed out there was already a thread this would come under? And now I come under 'people like this', just for doing so? You're not even addressing me directly with your complaint about me, which is rather rude really.

Replying to your comment (and not relating to the person who started this thread), I'm sorry but regardless of how fun starting a new thread is people ought to try to stick to posting relevantly, or else you get a gazillion new threads only a few of which are actually really new topics - which makes finding the actual new topics harder. Starting threads shouldn't be about ego of having your name on the front, or your better title or getting more hits - the forums for discussion and having posts in relevant places makes it easier to discuss stuff, without things being all over the place. It's even part of the forum FAQ - so it isn't just me being nitpicky, it's forum policy - see this quote.

Is it so hard to post stuff where it belongs, and take some time to find those places? You might not get some happy from posting on another thread the same as being able to make a new one with a name you prefer but it saves time for other people who click on the new thread title wondering what it is only to find out it isn't some new really and belongs elsewhere - not to menton putting stuff in the right places saves times for the moderators who may have to merge a thread anyway.

I know there are plenty of stuff which deserves a new thread because there are similar topics but that they don't quite fit into, but generally speaking a number of threads haven't been lately and I'm not surprised if there are more people who take the same attitude as you. It's a matter of common sense and respect for other users, making the forums easier to browse and not wasting anyone's time on something that looked new, but may not be so at all.

Me, and anyone else annoyed by this, dealing with it by hitting back button won't really help because already have wasted time on it by it's existence and curiousity that it might be something amazingly new and groundbreaking. Starting unecessary new is somewhat excusable for people who are new and haven't got used to the forums, but to think going around making new threads for stuff that exists already should be okay to make yourself feel self-important is rather selfish IMO.

And if you're annoyed at my attempts to be help or to explain my opinion and what forum policy on the matter is then you can always use the same button too.

Originally posted by whatswiththehairtealc
                          ... so if you don't want to contribute to a thread its this button right here:

nerd.
                          Get YOUR P90 Here!
                          Am i alone in hoping that the Seaquest seasons with the DeLuise brothers are finally released on dvd??

Nice hair!!

Comment

sneaking back out too much heat in here right now....
                            Purple's Biggest Fan
                            A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Since the original question that this thread posed has been answered and, as has already been pointed out, since there is already a Major Lorne thread I'm going to go ahead and close this one down.

Shipperahoy
                              Gateworld Moderator

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                              X