This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA - Rainbow Sun Francks DVD Interview + Screen Caps

A transcription of a Rainbow Sun Francks interview, from the MGM UK Stargate Atlantis DVD site. The interview runs approximately 3:25 in length. (I don't have any idea if this interview will be on any of the DVDs.)

RAINBOW SUN FRANCKS…ON THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE TWO WORLDS

Well, I think the differences between the two different worlds is just that. One is set on Earth, and the other is set on a distant planet in the Pegasus Galaxy. So I think that's one of the big differences. The other thing is that, in the missile silo on SG1, you're on Earth, you can go home if need be, except for Teal'c, and you can do what ever you want. Where as with us, we're cut off from everyone, and I guess there's only maybe a couple hundred of us around and that's all you have for communication to people.

RAINBOW SUN FRANCKS…ON WORKING ON SET

Yeah, it's very funny. I mean, between myself and David Hewlett, we're very distracting on set. I'm always running around hyperactive and he's always cracking jokes at the expense of others. Together, it's probably pretty tough in rehearsals. But when it comes to business, we're there. But it's really fun; we have a fun time there.

RAINBOW SUN FRANCKS…ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HIMSELF AND HIS ON SCREEN CHARACTER

I've very different from myself on the show. And there's only bits and pieces thrown in when the director says, "All right, throw some of you in there!" Other than that, all my friends that watch the show are like, "Dude, it's cool, but that's not you at all." So, that's nice to hear because it means that they're not seeing me as just Rainbow on screen and laughing at me, which is what they've done in the past when I'm more myself than characters. So that's very cool.

RAINBOW SUN FRANCKS…ON THE SUCCESS OF THE SHOW

It was overwhelming; on one of our call sheets we had all of the ratings, the listing of our ratings, and the spikes on how crazy it's gone. And it was overwhelming; I think it has to do with the story of Atlantis and just the story of the Stargate being meshed into one. It's a recipe for success really. And you don’t know it going in, because you're just like, "I'm on a new show, I hope it does well, I want to do well, I want to act well, I want everyone to like me, and I want the fans to like me and the series" and you just hope for all of that. But when it's a hit, you're like, "All right, let's keep going!" It's such a supreme motivator to do even more. And it helps the writers to be able to push limits and do anything when you know so many people are watching.

RAINBOW SUN FRANCKS…ON BEING PART OF THE STARGATE FRANCHISE

It's one of the most comfortable positions to be in, I think, because you have the great fame of the Stargate franchise and the family that you work with here that has been set up with SG-1, and now with another show. Now, we just made it bigger, it's a larger family. But it's so comfortable, because, it's popular all over Europe, popular all over the world, almost bigger than it is in North America. And now Atlantis had really helped to pick us up in the States and in Canada, that's where the comfort lies, really. Is we get to shoot in Canada, so we don't really have to worry about anything -- we get the comfort of Canada, but the popularity of the world. So it's probably one of the best positions ever. It's not like we're working in LA or we're working in New York. I get to be at home in Canada, a place I love, and still do a show that's available everywhere. And so it's a great place -- I mean it's so big, when I first got here, they were saying that SG-1 franchise has sold more DVDs than James Bond.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Awesome! Thanks, morjana!
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
    X