This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince Charles turns down 'Dr Who' cameo

Doctor Who producer Russell T. Davies said Prince Charles was a "miserable swine" for turning down a cameo on the show, reports ITN.

Davies said the Prince of Wales was approached to appear on the sci-fi TV drama but declined.

Speaking at the Cheltenham Literature Festival, Davies said: "He turned us down, the miserable swine."

He was asked about the Prince's appearance while talking about his new book Doctor Who: The Writer's Tale.

Davies, 45, recently revealed that he will be stepping down as lead writer and executive producer for the show in 2009.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a13...who-cameo.html

That's practically treason. RTD should be shot for that.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      He's been called a lot worst than that!

Comment

I'm aware. And frankly I think it's rather awful.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It sounds like something said in jest. I can imagine him saying it now with a smile on his face. Some humour simply doesn't come off well written down, without smileys.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I laughed my head off at Spike Milligan (I'm sure that's the 'even worse' that you mean, right?) I expect Charles did too. I'm sure he didn't take offence at RTD.

Madeleine

Comment

if that's treason then you shoudl really hear what we folks in the usa call bush

we would be shot on sight
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

*shrugs* Elected officials are fair game.

For Queen and Country and all that.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm not fond of old Charlie at all, so RTD can call him whatever he likes as far as I'm concerned, in jest or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                    Well, I'm not fond of old Charlie at all, so RTD can call him whatever he likes as far as I'm concerned, in jest or not.
                    Agreed!! the royals are just a waste of space

Comment

If you want material reasons for the Royals, they bring a lot of tourism, and thus, MONEY into the country.

However they are also a vital aspect of this country's heritage and culture, the Monarch is both our head of state and the Commander In Chief of our Armed Forces. A lot of charity work is undertaken by various royals as well. So not a waste of space at all really. But if you like we can get rid of them and end up with having no real national identity. The Americans envy our long history, why are you so quick to try and surrender it?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

If you want material reasons for the Royals, they bring a lot of tourism, and thus, MONEY into the country.

However they are also a vital aspect of this country's heritage and culture, the Monarch is both our head of state and the Commander In Chief of our Armed Forces. A lot of charity work is undertaken by various royals as well. So not a waste of space at all really. But if you like we can get rid of them and end up with having no real national identity. The Americans envy our long history, why are you so quick to try and surrender it?
                        I have national identity! I'm Welsh and that comes with its own language and history. I would never once for get this and therefore never "surrender" my natinal identity, especially after generations upon generation of welsh people where forced in surrendering thier identifty because of the arrogance of the English and their royal family. The last true prince of wales was killed in battle as the english conquered the Welsh in 1282! Never have i or will i ever self identify as british.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          I have national identity! I'm Welsh and that comes with its own language and history. I would never once for get this and therefore never "surrender" my natinal identity, especially after generations upon generation of welsh people where forced in surrendering thier identifty because of the arrogance of the English and their royal family. The last true prince of wales was killed in battle as the english conquered the Welsh in 1282! Never have i or will i ever self identify as british.
                          In a bit of denial then really aren't you?

Oh and by the way, my current base of operations as it were, is Wales, and I love Welsh history and culture, so I'm not anti-Welsh, but each of the countries of the Union State that is the United Kingdom contribute to a culture and identity that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Rule Britania.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I can identify with MWB though, because without being anti-british or anti-welsh or anti-scottish at all, I feel very english indeed, and would never describe myself as british while the word 'english' exists. It's that so much of what makes me me - the music I like, the countryside I love, the literature I like to read - is english, and even if I see a nice welsh mountain that looks impressive, or hear a lovely scottish tune, however much I appreciate them they'll never be a part of me in the way the mendips or Jane Austen or english music are a part of me.

Madeleine

Comment

Yes but 1282 is an awfully long time ago, Britain has been going strong for a very long time since then, and say what you will, it is a whole. The British Army, represents the whole, not just England. I will always feel British, because it is Britain that is the international actor in the world. Not the English, not the Welsh. Besides, holding a 700 year old grudge is a bit silly.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X