This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new USS Ship in Stargate Universe

While looking at Eli Wallace profile on the new Stargate site i noticed in one of the videos... The General Hammond

In the video where David Blue talks about Eli. In about half way through that video there is a small scene where Eli is standing inside one of the ships together with Dr. Rush and behind them there is a screen on the wall where you can read " USS General Hammond" So maybe that is where we will se Sam in the Pilot?

On the screen behind Eli and beside Rush you can almost see the USS Hammond text

Originally posted by Colonel Swede View Post
    While looking at Eli Wallace profile on the new Stargate site i noticed in one of the videos... The General Hammond

In the video where David Blue talks about Eli. In about half way through that video there is a small scene where Eli is standing inside one of the ships together with Dr. Rush and behind them there is a screen on the wall where you can read " USS General Hammond" So maybe that is where we will se Sam in the Pilot?

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...USSHammond.png

On the screen behind Eli and beside Rush you can almost see the USS Hammond text
    Indeed. I mentioned this over in the "Universe Discussion/Speculation" thread. This must be where AT guest stars
    Last edited by Coronach; 09 July 2009, 08:23 AM.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

Instead of the 'USS General Hammond', I think it is the 'USS George Hammond', which is the normal format for ships. They use the full name instead of putting in the rank. It could be either or because if you look, both start with 'G' and also have close to the same letters. (General=7 and George=6)

Personally, I hope it is the 'USS George Hammond'.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
        Instead of the 'USS General Hammond', I think it is the 'USS George Hammond', which is the normal format for ships. They use the full name instead of putting in the rank. It could be either or because if you look, both start with 'G' and also have close to the same letters. (General=7 and George=6)

It probably does say George, as I was thinking the first word didn't look long enough to be "general"
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Can i just point out that some people mite consider this a spoiler, which cannot be avoided due to the title of thread. so Ive asked the mods whether they could change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Swede View Post

AWESOME!!! I'm so glad that there will be this tribute to Don Davis. I know they did a little tip of the hat to Don in SGA, but this continued tribute is awesome! And if we get to see Amanda Tapping that'd be awesome too!
            sigpic

Comment

I think it is George as well. That last letter looks like a "E"!!
              MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
              MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
              POLARIS TORONTO 2007
              CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
              GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
              VCON VANCOUVER 2010
              FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post

I would think it would be general, cause he's in the militay, and for all anyone else knows he could have a captain, so general is a title that should be included.
                sigpic

Comment

it's probably The General Hammond because in the Atlantis series finale ENEMY AT THE GATE Carter said they were renaming The Phoenix to The General Hammond.

Comment

The US Navy has to my knowledge two ships named after presidents, the George Washington and the Abraham Lincoln. They aren't called President Washington and Lincoln.

It would make sense if they named it the USS George Hammond and not the USS General Hammond.
                    Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

I think this will settle the debate about the name of the new 304.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...&cat=53&pos=20

It was during the recent tour of the Stargate sets, I remembered seeing the new ship and its name somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by malfunction View Post
                        I think this will settle the debate about the name of the new 304...
                        It does rather

Comment

if you can read that uv got better eyes than me

Comment

Originally posted by JamesRobbo9886 View Post
                            if you can read that uv got better eyes than me
                            If you click on the image it will enlarge, then you can see that the plaque says George Hammond. My vision is not that good.

Comment

Well, thank you very much for this spoiler. I'm with Madwelshboy, change name or move it to the spoiler thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X