Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys I've reached the 2000 post mark and would love to be able to add my own custom Avatar, I did try in the Edit Avatar part of My Controls, shrunk an image to fit the necessary resolution and file size but for some reason when I go to save GW says that the image is not a valid image file, does anyone have any idea what I need to do to make the image a valid one?

The actual image I'm using is one that I uploaded to my Gateworld homepage, just tweaked to fit the parameters for Avatars.

Could it be that I'm not yet allowed to add a custom Avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
      Hi guys I've reached the 2000 post mark and would love to be able to add my own custom Avatar, I did try in the Edit Avatar part of My Controls, shrunk an image to fit the necessary resolution and file size but for some reason when I go to save GW says that the image is not a valid image file, does anyone have any idea what I need to do to make the image a valid one?

The actual image I'm using is one that I uploaded to my Gateworld homepage, just tweaked to fit the parameters for Avatars.

Could it be that I'm not yet allowed to add a custom Avatar?
      Does it say you have the option of adding a customized avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        Does it say you have the option of adding a customized avatar?
        In My Controls when I go into Edit Avatar below the pre-loaded Avatars that any user can select there is a separate option that appears called Custom Avatars.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
          In My Controls when I go into Edit Avatar below the pre-loaded Avatars that any user can select there is a separate option that appears called Custom Avatars.
          What kind of image are you using and are you sure that it isn't over the pixel and KB limit?
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            What kind of image are you using and are you sure that it isn't over the pixel and KB limit?
            It's a Bitmap Image and yeah it's within the 80x80 resolution and 19.5KB file size.

Comment

Their is your problem right there. GW doesn't like Bitmap images. Just convert it to the JPEG
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Their is your problem right there. GW doesn't like Bitmap images. Just convert it to the JPEG
                Cheers jelgate as you can see this worked, I gave you some green to say thanks.

Comment

I had that problem, during my 4 day promotion to Major!
                  But JPEG is standard issue. And Rise of the Phoenix, I see now that you're using a pic of the USS Phoenix, nice avatar!
                  sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                    I had that problem, during my 4 day promotion to Major!
                    But JPEG is standard issue. And Rise of the Phoenix, I see now that you're using a pic of the USS Phoenix, nice avatar!
                    Thanks.
                    It makes me so happy that I can use it, it finally matches my profile pic, although I may change both to a different one of the Phoenix in action now as I've had that profile pic for ages.

Comment

That was my next recommendation if I received an answer from the first question I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                        That was my next recommendation if I received an answer from the first question I asked.
                        I did answer your question.

BTW Rasunda cheers for the green, I changed my Avatar again, haven't done the profile pic yet though, I may leave that one the same.

Comment

So I've noticed!
                          Nice avatar, and you seem like a ship person

Some times when I'm going to take a new siggy, I can't.
                          So any Idéa about that???
                          sigpic

Comment

That is really vague. Can you explain more of the problem?
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I can't upload it some times!!!
                              I know that Probies can't have a pic signature, but it's kinda strange
                              sigpic

Comment

With the exception of custom avatar you should have all the perks of a member. So the only thing I can think of is what I told Phoneix. Are you may using pic extentsions that GW doesn't support?
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X