X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flight of the Navigator (reboot)

Disney is rebooting Flight of the Navigator

Disney is remaking the 1986 sci-fi movie Flight of the Navigator, with Brad Copeland writing the script, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The remake is being produced by Mandeville partners David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman.

The original movie told the story of a 12-year-old boy who is abducted by an alien spacecraft in 1978 and reappears eight years later, still the same age and with no memory of what happened. NASA scientists discover a connection between the boy and a downed spacecraft and try to exploit the boy, who ultimately escapes with the ship and attempts to reunite with his family.

The movie grossed only $17 million when it was released but was later rediscovered on VHS, becoming a cult hit.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/disney-...ting-fligh.php

I personally love the film and it absolutely 100% does not need remaking. There no improvement needed to the script or the special effects that would enhance the film or the story anyway shape or form.

Leave it alone.

Next I will be hearing they are remaking ET.
    Last edited by knowles2; 26 May 2009, 01:22 PM.

Comment

^^^^^

amen!!!!
      Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

I guess Disney feels since he did not even get the girl (awesome) they want to do it right (Damn you)

This will star the High School Musical people

Comment

That would be cool. I loved this movie!!!
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Wow I loved that movie as a kid. Esspecially that music.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              i personally love the film and it absolutely 100% does not need remaking. There no improvement needed to the script or the special effects that would enhance the film or the story anyway shape or form.

Leave it alone.

Next i will be hearing they are remaking et.
              this

Comment

Sounds like a totally pointless remake to me.

Comment

Originally posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
                  Sounds like a totally pointless remake to me.
                  Your avatar illustrates my reaction beautifully.

I completely agree that the 1986 release is perfect as is and remains my all-time favorite move.
                  sigpic
                  "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                  Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

The original was such a good film. There is no way a remake will do it justice. But, I will probably check it out anyway.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

this was an awesome movie, they can only make it worse, but it's up to them if they want to remake it, and it's up to us if we want to pay money to see it. i personally won't, i loved the witch mountain movies as a kid but i never even considered seeing the new one. and the same applies for this.

oh and....
                      Spoiler:

awesome!!
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Next I will be hearing they are remaking ET.
                        http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/2509...talk_et_2.html

Comment

Yeah I read that last night. An it made me laugh since it was like five minutes after I wrote my comment in this thread.
                          Luckily Spielberg and his associates as called the story a load of rubbish. And I am incline to believe him.

Anyway considering the projects Spielberg got under way at the moment it will be a few years before it is done.

At least it would be a sequel an not a remake. May be he turn it around and us human get trap on there little planet.
                          I would even accept a sequel to the Flight of the Navigator, it may be crap, but at least it be a new story tying in the original.

Could not they have least got someone who writes scifi in to do the job.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 27 May 2009, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Yeah I read that last night. An it made me laugh since it was like five minutes after I wrote my comment in this thread.
                            Luckily Spielberg and his associates as called the story a load of rubbish. And I am incline to believe him.

Anyway considering the projects Spielberg got under way at the moment it will be a few years before it is done.

At least it would be a sequel an not a remake. May be he turn it around and us human get trap on there little planet.
                            I would even accept a sequel to the Flight of the Navigator, it may be crap, but at least it be a new story tying in the original.

I totally agree. A sequel would be much better IMO. Alas, that is not what we will be getting.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I believe that's actually the premise of the movie Planet 51, due out this November.
                              sigpic
                              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Working...
                              X