Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GateWorld Forum Software Upgrade! (Questions & Requests)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the place to leave suggestions? If so, mine is

Either a Live Chat or discord server.

Comment

Is this the suggestions channel?

Comment

Originally posted by Cash View Post
        Is this the place to leave suggestions? If so, mine is

Either a Live Chat or discord server.
        I've been around for so long and I don't even know if we have a suggestions thread. Never really given it much thought.

However, I do know Gateworld's on Twitter and Facebook, but I don't think there's a discord or live chat.
        There is live chat (I think but don't know for sure) during the YouTube videos.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Not sure if the forums are slow from my end or GW, but it's taking about more than a minute to load this week (January 20, 2022) using Firefox and Chrome. Wondering if this is just on my end or if anyone else is having similar issues..?

Comment

No, it's the Forum, since January 12.
            Baggie assures us it is being investigated.
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
              No, it's the Forum, since January 12.
              Baggie assures us it is being investigated.
              Thank you! I was getting the COD (circle of doom!) and error messages. Plus, when my post didn't show up, I tried again, and later got informed the message was already there, so ended up with duplicate messages.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                Not sure if the forums are slow from my end or GW, but it's taking about more than a minute to load this week (January 20, 2022) using Firefox and Chrome. Wondering if this is just on my end or if anyone else is having similar issues..?
                Yeah Same.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I've been around for so long and I don't even know if we have a suggestions thread. Never really given it much thought.

However, I do know Gateworld's on Twitter and Facebook, but I don't think there's a discord or live chat.
                  There is live chat (I think but don't know for sure) during the YouTube videos.
                  Ok, Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                    My computer seems to load gateworld very slow, i have tried reseting it and stuff but wont work, i guess its the website itself. Or it could be our internet (less likely) i have new internet and discord and other stuff loads instantly for me. (Nitro 5 Laptop)

Comment

Originally posted by Cash View Post

My computer seems to load gateworld very slow, i have tried reseting it and stuff but wont work, i guess its the website itself. Or it could be our internet (less likely) i have new internet and discord and other stuff loads instantly for me. (Nitro 5 Laptop)
                      It's the forum -- the new Vb software is ... well, when I googled the issues I get here, it seems it's a Vb forum software issue.

Comment

Guys, the forum is ridiculously slow now. I just tried a frellin' 20 minutes to get one stupid page to load. I wasted 40 glorious minutes in which I could have watched another episode of Stargate or Star Trek (as it were).

I took the liberty of running a speed test on the main forum page and it takes almost a full minute to fully load. That's 52 seconds too long. This place is literally chasing people away at this point.

And to be quite honest, I'm this close becoming one of them... I'm starting to loose my patience.

I have several adblocks in place but there are 2 locations on the main page that keep coming through, at the top and one in the right sidebar, and on the forum at the top which I am unable to block. Luckily they don't annoy me as much as ads tend to do in general. However, they do seem to slow **** down even more.

I opened the page in Microsoft Edge, which I don't normally use and there were ads taking up almost the entire top side of the page. WTF?! How can anyone even tolerate that size?
                        Including one at the bottom in overlay to the page which I only noticed when I saw the X-icon on the right.

VBulletin 5 gets bad reviews left, right and center. I hate to say it, but at the rate the errors keep going, twine and unicorn tears (see post 1) are going to have to make a comeback. I doubt they'll help though.

Comment

I have recently come back to the forum and begun posting again.

I have noticed that it feels very sluggish compared to years in the past. There are also certain graphics that don't seem to load properly.

I did feel that the forum seemed in need of a refresh. Hopefully something can be done.
                          Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                          Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

I have recently come back to the forum and begun posting again.

I have noticed that it feels very sluggish compared to years in the past. There are also certain graphics that don't seem to load properly.

I did feel that the forum seemed in need of a refresh. Hopefully something can be done.
                            Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                            Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

I can only agree with everything you guys have said.This software sucks and adblocks just make it harder to get around the forums...then of course,the ads kick in and add to the problem in trying to get a reply through.

E-mailed Darren again.Wish there was more I could do.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                E-mailed Darren again.Wish there was more I could do.
                                A piece of 4 x 2 scientifically applied to the left side of the head of the person who came up with this VB5 could work wonders maniac.gif
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X