Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who am I I don't watch the show but my mom does and will ask her about who I am and what I do
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Mrs Hughes
      you are the housekeeper. Basically, in the terms of the servants, Mr Carson is the 'daddy' as in the male figure, you are the 'mother' of the downstairs. And, just happened tonight,
      Spoiler:
      you just got engaged to Mr Carson.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I always just stumble upon it, but today, I'm a bit too late.
        sigpic

Comment

As we reluctantly come back to the 21st century, here's the ranks from the weekend. THanks to all of those that played along

Post Ranks

Airman – Thomas Barrow
          Staff Sergeant - Molesey
          Chief Master Sergeant – Baxter
          Second Lieutenant – Lady Edith
          First Lieutenant – Lady Cora
          Captain – Anna
          Major – Mrs Patmore
          Lieutenant Colonel – Isobel Crawley
          Colonel – Bates
          Brigadier General – Mr Carson
          Major General – Lady Mary
          Lieutenant General – Mrs Hughes
          General – Lord Grantham
          Air Force Chief of Staff – Dowager Countess Violet

Rep ranks

is an up-and-coming trainee. – is a scullery maid
          is being considered to join the Stargate program. – goes to Switzerland with Rosamond
          just got transferred to Stargate Command. – has to go to the drugstore for Lady Mary
          is a back-up SG-team member. – assists Doctor Clarkson
          is a permanent member of an SG-team. – invites Miss Bunting to dinner
          is a popular officer at Stargate Command. – just became First Footman
          has their pick of any assignment at the S.G.C. – is an old friend of Violet
          is an SG-team leader! – rides in the Point to Point
          is commander of SG-1! – has friends as loyal as Baxter and Molesey
          is in charge at Stargate Command! – is a nanny in the Grantham nursery
          is top brass at Homeworld Security. – attends a fashion show in London
          has a Daedalus-class battle cruiser named after them. – taught Tom how to drive
          has ascended to a higher plane of existence. So long, mortals! – went for a walk down Picadilly
          is a server in the Ascended Diner – has to deal with Lord Merton’s sons
          is a Host/Hostess in the Ascended Diner – receives an unexpected inheritance
          is head chef at the Ascended Diner – gets between Spratt and Danker
          is the manager of the Ascended Diner – knows Mr Carson and Mrs Hughes secret
          uses Ascended Beings as icing on their cake – knows all the secrets of Downton Abbey

sigpic

Comment

Thanks to Sky for all the work on this Theme!

I'm a total newb to DA,but at some point hopefully I'll catch a rerun.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

It was a lot of fun. And for those binge watchers, if s6 is really the end then it's about 60 hours to binge on (I know Maggie Smith has been very public about 'this season is my last' and there are rumors that julian fellows can't manage downton and the new show he's working on so we'll see.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Thanks to Sky for all the work on this Theme!

I'm a total newb to DA,but at some point hopefully I'll catch a rerun.
                Baggie, if you have Sky, they are available on Sky Box Sets & Sky Go.

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/box-sets/.../downton-abbey

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  It was a lot of fun. And for those binge watchers, if s6 is really the end then it's about 60 hours to binge on (I know Maggie Smith has been very public about 'this season is my last' and there are rumors that julian fellows can't manage downton and the new show he's working on so we'll see.
                  60 hours of good tv by the sounds of it!

Some media sources claim she's going .Others say she's staying till whenever the show ends.Always a pleasure to see MS on screen and chances are I'll like other actors /characters too,but I suppose it has to all end sometime.

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                  Baggie, if you have Sky, they are available on Sky Box Sets & Sky Go.

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/box-sets/.../downton-abbey
                  Thanks Blen!
                  We moved away from Sky tv years ago,but we're looking at switching back,or maybe getting Amazon or Netflix.

( Big family argument in progress while my lot pore over every option.*Sigh* )
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Here in the US you can see Downton Abbey vs their iOS app or their web page. Although not everything is up all the time.

As to Maggie, yesterday the reports were that she was leaving, now they seem to change to 'i'm on the show until it ends'....of course for all we know that may be next season so....guess she and Julian had a little chat.

I do think the grind of weeks of doing a serial show can get a bit tiring. I just love anything she's in so am really glad she's there.

sigpic

Comment

If Maggie Smith isn't in it and there is a new series then I'll stop watching - she is the only reason I watch.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X