Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a pretty nice person in general, that shouldn't be a problem.

Just still nervous, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by off-world
      I'm a pretty nice person in general, that shouldn't be a problem.

Just still nervous, I guess.
      dont be! i wasnt!!!
      if your read the rules carefully you wont have any problems...
      post reply in threads that interest you...speak your mind...just try its no that hard

Comment

Welcome guys!
        I hope you're having fun. This thread didn't quite belong in Gen Disc so I've merged it with our existing Welcome New Members thread

Have a great time, and see you around the forum

Comment

i like this site and the forum...
          i started watching SG-1 because of my brother...he said its the best show ever...at first i didnt believe him...boy was i wrong...lol!
          at the end i was just another SG-1 zombie!! lol...
          but i still dont know if i should watch atlantis...i saw only 3-5 episodes and i didnt like it much...

Comment

to my opinion...the omnipedia is the best thing on this site!!!!
            so much info!!!! i really really thank the one (or those) who made the omnipedia!! thank you thank you thank you!!!

Comment

David's the one keeping that lot straight! I don't envy the poor man, it's quite the challenge

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                Welcome guys!
                I hope you're having fun. This thread didn't quite belong in Gen Disc so I've merged it with our existing Welcome New Members thread

Have a great time, and see you around the forum
                well of course we are having fun!

i cant start to imagin how much time and how hard it was to make both the site with the omnipedia and the eps guide and than this forum!

lol! its great...

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                  David's the one keeping that lot straight! I don't envy the poor man, it's quite the challenge
                  than i thank him!
                  david whereever you are! thanks for granting us knowlege!...
                  but if you can..give us more!

Comment

Originally posted by off-world
                    I think I have been looking at threads for over an hour and feel completely incompetent to comment on anything.
                    Don't worry, i was like that at first, and now look - over 300 posts!

Good threads to boost your confidence are the tournaments:

SG-1 S1-S7 best episode tournament ... entering the top 20: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17943
                    SG-1 season 8 ... into the top 5: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21497
                    Atlantis season 1 ... into the top 10: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21892

Make sure you read the first posts carefully, they contain instructions.

Make sure you vote for your least favourites.

The good thing about these is that until you feel comfortable, you don't have to offer up more than episode names. If you then read other peoples comments, you start to get the hang of things, your post count rises, and you'll start to find other threads where you feel you can post your opinions.
                    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

So Hi,
                      If this is the New Member Forum, I think I should write here...
                      So I'm new to Gateworld but not to Stargate...
                      First of all I come from Belgium and here in my country, the episodes of SG-1 are only on TV in French or German...
                      So I began in '98 to watch the first season of Stargate SG-1 in German...
                      I watched the first 5 seasons like that! And then, at last, the DVDs came out... (and for me the chance to watch the series with the original english voices, which are by the way much better than their German or French counterparts!!) I began to buy the seasons of SG-1... I've seen all episodes up to the end of season 6... Season 7 will be my next purchase!!
                      What can I tell you more?
                      Well, I'm a student in Brussels and I study translation (French-German-English) So anyone ever needs a hand with one of those languages, don't be shy and ask me!
                      I came to Gateworld to share my passion for Stargate with all the other fans of this fantastic series, which is for me the Greatest of all SF-series of all times (better than Star Trek and all the others).
                      "Only puny secrets need protection. Big discoveries are protected by public incredulity." (Marshall McCluhan)

Comment

Originally posted by /\NUBIS
                        I've seen all episodes up to the end of season 6... Season 7 will be my next purchase!!
                        Yeah! Finally someone at my level. I'm waiting for my S7 & 8 to come in the mail. I bought them from BestBuy (buy one get one free) I don't think I have ever been more excited about a purchase in my life. Maybe once I get caught up with everyone else I can participate more and feel more confident around here. For now, I'm doing ok and less nervous.

Comment

I looked for the answer to this question and must have missed it, please forgive me if this is a stupid question but here goes.

Why did my post count go to zero? and is staying zero?

NEVERMIND, I FIGURED IT OUT!!!
                          Last edited by off-world; 14 January 2006, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Hello all new GateWorld members and Welcome to the Forum.

Don't be nervous just post away and you'll eventually get the hang of the forum and find some places (threads) you feel really comfortable posting in.

Comment

Hey all. Just registered here and wanted to say hello.

I've been watching Stargate for over 7 years now (seen every episode to date). I'm also a huge Star Trek fan as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRsTaR
                                Hey all. Just registered here and wanted to say hello.

I've been watching Stargate for over 7 years now (seen every episode to date). I'm also a huge Star Trek fan as well.
                                Welcome
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X