This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening, everyone...

First time to post on any forum, ever, so I'm moving a little slow.

Been lurking on this site for months, reading and enjoying every minute of it, and finally got into a position where I could get on.

Heard about SG1 from the beginning, but without Showtime, I never saw an episode until it made the move to SciFi. Took a while but I have seen every episode now and I love it. Been scifi-crazy since my dad introduced me to Ray Bradbury's work when I was probably around 8. I still read him. Have no particular preference for author or style or philosophy, as long as it tells a good story, and Stargate is exactly that...a good story.

I am a journalist by trade and an actor by vocation, and I am an unabashed, unapologetic Sam/Jack shipper, and I hope to eventually become comfortable enough doing this forum-visiting to have some real fun...

ladyjanus

Comment

Woohoo!! Hi Scandrea, fancy seeing you here

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
        Very true I guess, Is Po the Goa'uld of the crew then?
        its just jaffa tinky atm, the others slightly hesitant. not too sure why...

sigpic
        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Hello there!

I'm relatively new to Stargate fandom. I started out just watching an episode on Sci-Fi every now and then. Then it turned into, "No one had better bother me during Stargate Monday!". I started buying the DVDs shortly after I'd reached that point in my obsession. The only episodes I've not seen are New Order parts 1 & 2 - which leaves me feeling incomplete somehow. I know, it's a sickness, but I figure you lot will be sympathetic.

I'm looking forward to spending time here and getting to know you all. It's good to be around fellow nerds.

Comment

Hello there.

I'm joebags and was born in California but I now live in Virginia. I'm just about 15 and like to work with graphics programs. One of my most recent being my signature. I play two musical instruments. Them being drums and the baritone. I have posted in other forums around the net but not a whole lot. I'm looking forward to having great laughs here and I hope to see you all around.

--joebags

Comment

Welcome to all the newcomers!!

Have a great time and post lots!
              Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
              Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Yes, welcome to everyone! Hope you all stick around and visit often!
                Well, most of us were at work here...

The five J's of Stargate: Jack, Janet, Jonas, Jacob, Jackson!!!
                In memorium: Whistler84 and Atteria...may you always be remembered.

Comment

Hi all! I've been lurking for a bit and decided it was time for me to join!
                  I love Stargate and although I've seen episodes over the years, I really got into it at the start of season 8 and since then can't get enough of SG-1 or Atlantis.

I went to my first convention this year and had the best time ever! I'm 20yrs old, and trying to make my way through college, hoping to break into showbiz as a writer/producer, and just think Stargate is one of the most brilliant shows ever!

Hope to meet some cool people here and look forward to chattin' about Stargate!
                  Last edited by StarDreamer; 29 May 2005, 05:32 AM.

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
                  "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
                  www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

'Lo all
                    Ive been hanging around thse forums for a while now but I finally decided, what the hell, why not start posting?

Ive been watching stargate since it first aired over here in Britain (well okay I started with The Broca Divide ) and of course think its great. Even though, in my opinion the quality has dropped slightly these past couple of seasons its still better than anything else on TV(with the exception of Atlantis of course(and 24))
                    Best character on stargate- Heru-ur of course
                    Best Episode- Need (please dont hurt me)

Also
                    LONG LIVE HERU-UR (okay i know hes dead but i cant help it )

Bring Back Heru-ur!

Comment

Welcome to GateWorld StarDreamer and Heru-ur!

Have fun posting! (and worshiping your dead-false-God)
                      Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
                      Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Hi all! Newbie here. On this forum at least, not with Stargate. I'm fan of the series ever since it aired on Dutch television. Dutch tv stations aren't that smart though and they stopped at the end of season 3. Went to buy all the DVDs and I'm very proud of my Stargate SG-1 collection. Looking forward to the release of season 8 here in Holland. Stargate is just such a great show, specially the sense of humour.

Other things beside Stargate: well, I'm Anne, live in Holland and on the internet I usually go buy the name Telawen. Thought of it when I joined my first forum and it kinda stuck. Making my way through university (as Chemistry student) and still have time for some rather time-consuming hobbies: reading, roleplay, larp and a bit of writing and friends.
                        Gateworld rpg
                        dr. Sophia MacKenzie
                        Base Chief Scientist

Sophia's bio

"It's always suicide mission this, save-the-world that, no one ever stops just to say hi anymore." - Jack O'Neill

Comment

Welcome fellow newbie
                          If you would be so kind as to donate some (a lot of) money to the RESURRECT HERU-UR FOUNDATION i would be very grateful. We hope to have raised enough money by the time Season 9 starts to purchase a sarcophagus and bring the greatest god back to life so that he can replace the Orii as the dominant evil in the galaxy

Bring Back Heru-ur!

Comment

Hi! I just joined about ten minutes ago! *waves at fellow newbies*

Comment

Hi all, welcome and have fun!
                              Well, most of us were at work here...

The five J's of Stargate: Jack, Janet, Jonas, Jacob, Jackson!!!
                              In memorium: Whistler84 and Atteria...may you always be remembered.

Comment

Hey, a fellow noob to this forum. I was requested in fact to join this forum .. hmm...

Well, my name is Dave, and I'm 18 and from the U.K. A big fan of Stargate, watched it since the premiere of SG-1 (so so long ago) 97 or was it 98. I think Atlantis is one cool ship/city. Can't wait to see the Daedalus get it on and kick some major ass.

I think Weir & Sheppard should get it on, and Teyla - well there's Beckett. My favourite character and love... CARTER ... what else...

This forum looks so packed, any suggestions, where I should check out next?
                                Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
                                WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Working...
                                X