This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome New members.
    hope you enjoy your stay. You do realize that once you are here, the wormhole doesn't go both ways, and the gate closes, and only the mods have the code to activate the gate from this side, so you're stuck here.
    Keep your hands inside the gate and hold on for a wild ride
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Hello!

Complete Stargate newbie here. This is the first time I venture outside my old fandom (15 years with X-Files ) and it's so weird to find myself in uncharted territory like this. But I got really hooked on SG-1, I really wasn't expecting it as I wasn't impressed by the first couple of seasons and was watching it rather slowly, but then she storylines improved, the characters grew on me, and now I'm mid way through season 7 and I am HOOKED. I never expected the fandom to be so vast though. I may need a guide to help me navigate through the various forums, Live Journals, fanfic archives...etc.

Anyway, it's good to be here.
      "Didn't that tape say there were no fish in your pond?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Fish View Post
        Hello!

Complete Stargate newbie here. This is the first time I venture outside my old fandom (15 years with X-Files ) and it's so weird to find myself in uncharted territory like this. But I got really hooked on SG-1, I really wasn't expecting it as I wasn't impressed by the first couple of seasons and was watching it rather slowly, but then she storylines improved, the characters grew on me, and now I'm mid way through season 7 and I am HOOKED. I never expected the fandom to be so vast though. I may need a guide to help me navigate through the various forums, Live Journals, fanfic archives...etc.

Hello Bad Fish
        Welcome to the forum. Lots of stuff to see and do.
        There is a guide on the homepage or, click this link http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/1...-(for-newbies)
        Should help
        Watch out for offers of cookies on this thread , they have side efffects
        Watch out for the flying monkeys, and a few other motley posters (whose names shall be unspoken)
        And wht ever they tell you..........I didn't do it
        no means no, and so does pepper spray
        Sig by The Carpenter
        sigpic

Comment

Don't believe a word about the side effects of the cookies. The cookies are fine I tell you, fine!
          sigpic

Comment

Hello!

Hi and welcome. Listen to Nola. Want a cookie?
            sigpic

Comment

Hello!

Hi there Bad Fish.
              Welcome to Gateworld.
              The main thing is to have fun. Enjoy yourself.

Watch out for the Monkeys.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Hi Bad Fish, welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're going to enjoy yourself.
                "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Thank you so much everybody for the warm welcome and the info!

Beware of monkeys: check. How undomesticated would you rate those simians exactly?

Cookies? I heard there was talk of cake. But, hey I'm easy. I'll take the cookies.

Today I watched a few more eps from S7 and my jaw is stuck in a perma-grin. I'm also beginning to think I must be a Sam/Jack shipper. That would explain the idiotic grin on my mug every time these characters merely *smile* at each other. This is baaaad.

This show really has a lot of things I love in it, even if I'm not a big fan of the military in general (which doesn't prevent me from coveting Carter's Cargo Pants of Hawtness TM) the space ships, alien species and Canadian forest alien worlds more than makes up for it and delight the hopeless sci-fi geek that I am.

Are people doing rewatch anywhere?

Comment

Beware of monkeys: check. How undomesticated would you rate those simians exactly?

Cookies? I heard there was talk of cake. But, hey I'm easy. I'll take the cookies.

Today I watched a few more eps from S7 and my jaw is stuck in a perma-grin. I'm also beginning to think I must be a Sam/Jack shipper. That would explain the idiotic grin on my mug every time these characters merely *smile* at each other. This is baaaad.

This show really has a lot of things I love in it, even if I'm not a big fan of the military in general (which doesn't prevent me from coveting Carter's Cargo Pants of Hawtness TM) the space ships, alien species and Canadian forest alien worlds more than makes up for it and delight the hopeless sci-fi geek that I am.

I'm a Sam/Jack shipper too...

have fun in the S/J thread...

*passes a piece of vegan chocolate cake with vegan chocolate icing to the fishy*....

Comment

Yo! *Plugs LiveJournal reviewage*

And I'm a Jack/Daniel shipper, myself..
                      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Here have some more cookies. I'm re-watching but not with the official one.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post

Great! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post

heathen! *gets the stake ready for burning at the stake*....

Comment

Hey all. FB here. I'm 19 and live in New Zealand. Real name is Aaron Hope to enjoy my stay.

Comment

Originally posted by FB92 View Post
                                Hey all. FB here. I'm 19 and live in New Zealand. Real name is Aaron Hope to enjoy my stay.
                                Welcome aboard Aaron.
                                Have fun...
                                Keep your arms in the car at all times.
                                Watch out for the monkeys...!
                                And beware of the cookies...!
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X