• Show
Clear All

Welcome to all the newbies!

Have fun here at GateWorld!
    Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
    Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

Hello everyone,
      I'm a fellow Zoids Fan *Ponits to signature* I'm also one of the best writers/artists at my school. I've been a stargate fan since i was little (Still unsure when exactly). Got back into at the arrival of Stargate Altantis. Just thought since i found this I'd say hi.
      -DL
      Whee. Blankness...

Comment

Well, I'm not exactly new, but I've never formally introduced myself, so...

I'm 27yrs. old, and living in N. Carolina, USA. I'm an Air Force vet (non-retired), that used to be an Avionics Technician. (Essentially I worked on all internal aircraft electronics that dealt with Communications, Navigation, and Flight Control) I've been a fan of Stargate Sg1 since about 1998.

I was living in Italy at the time, on Aviano, Air Base. I had seen and enjoyed the movie Stargate, and saw a video for something called Stargate Sg1 (R-rated version, of the Children of the Gods) at the Video rental place. I didn't realize what it was at the time, but I've been hooked ever since. I started watching more actively when I returned to the states, mainly since about 2001.

I had always considered my self a Trekkie before, but it didn't take long to be converted to full fledge Gate-fan. You all may notice that many of my threads are quite long... I'm a 'detail' person, and tend to always to try and organize large amounts of info. I'm a huge science geek (cosmology, physics, quantum science, etc.), history buff (ancient and pre-history), and something of a spiritualist/philosopher (metaphysics, spiritualism, etc.). So, as you can well imagine, Stargate is right up my alley.

I'm also a fan of Star Trek, Star Wars, Babylon 5, Dune, Lord of the Rings, and other sci-fi too. In my view though, Stargate has caught up with ST and SW in terms of genre fan size. I look forward to the day it will return to the Big Screen, with the depth of genre evolution behind it. In the mean time however, let Stargate live on..! (prays for at least 10 seasons)

Talk with you all more in the forums...!
        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I really like it here and hope to be able to get on more often!
          Blessed be ye. O Daughters of the Wind.

Fine steeds, like true friends, are few, even if to the eye of the inexperienced they are many...

Comment

Originally posted by Epona_the_Horse_Goddess
            Thanks for the welcome! I really like it here and hope to be able to get on more often!
            Glad you're enjoying it!

Welcome to all the recent newbies!

Have fun posting!
            Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
            Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

finally! this is *so* cool being here!
              hi everyone!
              seems like I've waited eons to get in here...

I've been a dedicated viewer of SG-1 ever since it began on the Sci-Fi channel (including the endless Mon-Fri repeats), and have faithfully continued watching with SG:Atlantis. So far, I think they're both equally on par with each other, but in different ways; so I can't pick out *favorites* in that aspect, since each has its own unique quality for both characters and eps (ie:episodes). I have been pleasantly surprised from how this series has presented itself, having what appears to be a wonderful cast and crew ...and I always enjoy those behind the scenes interview specials.

I've watched how Stargate (as a whole entity) basically started from the bottom of no-where and honorably earned its way into being an enjoyable program series ~ which has been described by some viewers as sort of an *ultimate* fantasy/sci-fi mixture. As RDA mentioned: and having a sense of humor helps!
              ________

Anyways, I think some of the best commentaries and speculative SG theories have come from GateWorld... and I truly admire and enjoy the talent that resides within here. I just hope Sci-Fi or whoever is broadcasting the SG series (any version), do take note in reading the feedback from this web site, because I have certainly found GateWorld interesting, *entertaining*, and a great, inspiring (resource) source of info for SG.
              thanx!! -alisa

Comment

Hey, another new guy introducing himself. It must get a little old welcoming all us new members so I'll make this short and sweet.

I've been a fan of Stargate since the beginning and I've been a fan of the series since it first aired. I like both shows but I like Atlantis just a little more than SG-1. Been visiting GateWorld for only a couple of weeks and liked what I saw so I decided to join. Anyways, I guess I'll talk to you guys and gals later.
                Spoilers!? I love Spoilers!

Comment

Hello to everybody i'm Michelle and i love stargate, i have watched it from the first episode and never miss one. I also love star trek. i have not long found this forum otherwise i'd have joined sooner, its nice to talk to others who love stargate as much as me!
                  SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

I wanted to say hello and introduce myself to thousands of fellow Stargate brethern out there in cyberspace. My name is David Guardino from San Francisco. I have followed Stargate from the beginning. I loved the original movie and since released special edition of Stargate the movie. I followed it from start of the series on Showtime all the way through Sci-Fi channels take over (it kinda bugs me that Sci-Fi channels claims it as a Sci-Fi orginal) But they did save it and have made it as great as ever and are giving us new seasons. God Bless the Sci-Fi channel!

I am looking forward to Ben Browder and Claudia Black being regulars (loved Farscape!) and kudos for them signing Lexa (ie. Romie) from Andromeda!. I am glad that the producers and heads that make decisions at Sci-Fi decided that losing RDA did'nt have to mean the end of the series. Stargate (for as great as the characters are) is strong enough to survive new characters and changes in direction!. For those not to familiar with Ben Browder or Farscape, you will love Ben!. His character on Farscape (John Criton) was fantastic. The guy is a natural and will enhance Stargate big time!. The interaction between Daniel and him will be classic (as I have read in some of the season 9 spoilers). Claudia Black another cross-over from Farscape is another fantastic Sci-Fi actress! (as I'm sure you have witnessed yourself in here episode last season). Life's good being a Stargate fan these days!.

And will we finally get to meet the Furling's (aka the 3rd great race) this season

the Fifth Race....
                    Last edited by the Fifth Race; 20 April 2005, 04:06 AM.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Welcome to the forum there is thread where you can introduce your self. Welcome, New Members!
                      "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Thanx Wass....sry if I put this in the wrong spot!...I amazed at the number of fellow SG and SGA nerds on here like myself!... Sci-Fi junkies and or nerds are the coolest of the cool! Great site and especially forum...I could read through this stuff for weeks!
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Please do read the FAQ it will clear up alot of things for you and make your life a lot easier around here it is big forum with over 7000 members.
                          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

hey guys, Im a HUGE fan of stargate, one of the many in Australia, I have many signed photos and a few replicas. If i dont watch an episode a day i feel like theres something missing lol. Anyways hello.
                            "The thing is, if it wasn't for SG-1, you'd be sitting there with a snake in your head, instead if your head up your a-"
                            "COLONEL!"

Comment

Welcome to everyone new! Hope you enjoy your stay and I hope to see everyone around soon!
                              Well, most of us were at work here...

The five J's of Stargate: Jack, Janet, Jonas, Jacob, Jackson!!!
                              In memorium: Whistler84 and Atteria...may you always be remembered.

Comment

Hey guys, you can call me Maimi(may-me)!

I am a sci-fi junkie, love Stargate! I have been watching since the first season and have always had this nice little crush on Daniel Jackson.

I am a bit weird though, in that I like to take a small detail or something few people focus on and make it center topic in my fanfic. Currently I am using the Furlings in my writing, mostly because I can mold them into non-specific guidelines. But I think that it's working quite well.

I am from Central Illinois and recently stated college(took off time after school to work) I am going for an Associates in Applied Science in Graphic Design.

Well, I look forward to talking to all of you in the future!

~Peace!
                                The Gold's Don't Make for Good Mash, Consistency's all Wrong...

-Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X