X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zed_PM View Post
    Hey,
    I'm Shanti from Australia. Stargate was actually my favourite movie when I was nine. I remember in school we had to do an assignment about ancient Egypt which I got just a bit too obsessed in. Anyway my mum brought hope a videotape of Stargate and I thought there was nothing cooler than Anubis wielding around a staff that shoots energy. But I only got into the series in the last few years. In the last few months I've been really obsessed with it. I've even told people it's the only thing that matters in life to me. And that is no exaggeration. I watch Stargate at least 3 times a day, some days watching 5 episodes. I'm slowly building myself a nice collection too, sometimes bidding a ridiculous amount of money on the harder to get items on Ebay.
    Actually Stargate is the only thing I watch on TV and I'll watch the same episode 3 times in a day. I'm so glad I have a channel that plays both SG-1 and Atlantis 4-5 times a day.
    Last night I watched the final Atlantis episode which was over way too fast, and I'm currently in mourning for it. But I think the books will keep occupied while I wait for any news about the films.
    Hi there, welcome to the forum. enjoy yourself here
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Shanti, you can also get your Stargate fix from fanfiction. Check out the section devoted to it here on GW, and there are also plenty of sites devoted to it around the web. There's some good stuff on fanfiction.net, too.

And no, this isn't me pimping my own stuff; I just have read some really good fanfiction out there. Some is bad, too, but you get that in everything, even professionally-published works. I can give you some fanfic recommendations if you like.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
      sigpic
      now also appearing on DeviantArt
      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Hi there Shanti.
        Welcome to Gateworld...
        I hope to see you on the threads...
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Hi Shanti!

don't listen to Laz as he has lost his mind.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
            Shanti, you can also get your Stargate fix from fanfiction. Check out the section devoted to it here on GW, and there are also plenty of sites devoted to it around the web. There's some good stuff on fanfiction.net, too.

And no, this isn't me pimping my own stuff; I just have read some really good fanfiction out there. Some is bad, too, but you get that in everything, even professionally-published works. I can give you some fanfic recommendations if you like.
            No shippers please. I suppose I could read some fanfiction. I was considering writing my own. I wrote my own Doctor Who fanfic but that was really full on. The second one took 20 days to write 20 chapters with minimal editing.
            My post for Gate World: An Autistic's take on Sci-Fi

Comment

Welcome to GW.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zed_PM View Post
                No shippers please. I suppose I could read some fanfiction. I was considering writing my own. I wrote my own Doctor Who fanfic but that was really full on. The second one took 20 days to write 20 chapters with minimal editing.
                Okay, give me a day or so and I can pull together a list of non-ship fics that I've liked quite well.

Twenty chapters in twenty days? Impressive! It's taken me since September to write just a little over that in one story, of which I've published eighteen chapters thus far. Of course, I tend to write in a non-linear fashion, so I'll often have future chapters finished while I'm still working on the material that leads up to them, and I do a lot of editing of my own work, as well as passing it on to be vetted by others whenever possible. I have portions of one or two additional stories written that will follow from the current work, though.

(Don't be afraid to read what I'm working on. There's no ship between canon characters in it... at most there may be one or two sentences' worth of extremely minor canon-character UST, and I haven't even really been writing any of that into it, and probably won't.)

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                  Okay, give me a day or so and I can pull together a list of non-ship fics that I've liked quite well.

Twenty chapters in twenty days? Impressive! It's taken me since September to write just a little over that in one story, of which I've published eighteen chapters thus far. Of course, I tend to write in a non-linear fashion, so I'll often have future chapters finished while I'm still working on the material that leads up to them, and I do a lot of editing of my own work, as well as passing it on to be vetted by others whenever possible. I have portions of one or two additional stories written that will follow from the current work, though.

(Don't be afraid to read what I'm working on. There's no ship between canon characters in it... at most there may be one or two sentences' worth of extremely minor canon-character UST, and I haven't even really been writing any of that into it, and probably won't.)
                  I try to write in a non-linear fashion but it never seems to work out for me. Once I have an idea I have to write it down and I hate going over the same chapter again. I think that's why my own sci-fi story has been indefinitely shelved as of now.
                  I suppose I will read some of your fan fiction. I was so bored yesterday. I hate the weekends.

Comment

Actually I'll have to take a rain check on that fanfic. I haven't seen much of SG1 season 2 to have any clue about what's going on in the story.

Comment

Zed, meet me over here so we don't hijack the newcomers thread. I've got something for you. But there are really only three or four episodes in Season Two, and two in Season One, that you need to have seen to understand my fic, and in fact that can probably be pared down even further.

I'll explain over on the other thread I've linked to.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Hi,
                        Posted a couple of times here but never really said hello properly. I'm Speesh, been lurking for a while though. I'm from Scotland, though I'm moving in a few months' time to the Czech Republic, in the middle of all the arrangements at the moment. I got into Stargate and particularly Atlantis not that long ago, bit late into it, but a friend loned me the DVDs to cheer me up whilst my mum was very ill and it helped keep me cheered up through all of that. I'm going to my first con this year in Vancouver, really excited even if I haven't got a flight booked yet!

Was just really looking to make some new pals and get into the discussions and such.

Comment

Welcome Speesh, we need more recruits to torment and impress with our cookies and monkeys, some I'm of which, I'm sure will also say hello soon
                          http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi there Speesh,
                            Welcome to Gateworld.
                            There are all sorts of discussions on the various threads for you to get involved with.
                            So I hope to see you on the threads.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Speesh View Post
                              Hi,
                              Posted a couple of times here but never really said hello properly. I'm Speesh, been lurking for a while though. I'm from Scotland, though I'm moving in a few months' time to the Czech Republic, in the middle of all the arrangements at the moment. I got into Stargate and particularly Atlantis not that long ago, bit late into it, but a friend loned me the DVDs to cheer me up whilst my mum was very ill and it helped keep me cheered up through all of that. I'm going to my first con this year in Vancouver, really excited even if I haven't got a flight booked yet!

Was just really looking to make some new pals and get into the discussions and such.
                              Hello, hello, hello! Welcome to GW. Cookie? Can you hold a monkey for a bit?
                              sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the neighborhood, Speesh.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X