Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, joined today, I've been thinking about it for years and finally got around to it. I love everything Stargate and have been a fan of RDA since MacGuyver days. I'm a middle aged Mum and my sons think I'm mad to like sci fi so much, but I do love it and have watched SG1 since the pilot. I've also bought all the dvd's, which is another reason they think I'm sad! I think I'm going to enjoy this.
    bye for now.

Comment

Hello everyone.

I'm an oldie but a newie....let me explain.....

I've been a Gateworld site fan for many years, about 4 years now, but have just now decided to join the forum. I've been basically lurking, reading up on the facts, news, etc the site has to offer, and occasionally have had a good read on what goes on in the forum world, which IMO have given me a lot of amusement reading people's opinions and debates. So I congratulate those who are responsible for running this site/forum, cause it's the BEST site ever to get all the "know hows/what/why/where/when" that's to do with Stargate...**clap...clap...clap**

So I guess it's about time I joined up. So to tell you all about myself....

I'm a full time mum with 2 adorable toddler sons (and are quite a handful at the moment. Been with my husband for 10 years now, and we've both been Stargate fans since it first aired 8 years ago and never have missed an episode since CotG, and also have the DVDs up to S7....Australia is very late in getting everything!!!

I myself have been a great fan of RDA since the days of MacGyver, so it's pretty obvious he was the main reason that got me attracted to Stargate in the first place, but for 8 years, I feel that the entire casts have grown to be one of my extended family.

So hoping to get to know alot of the people here, and I'm sure it will be fun.
      Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
      and Captain Jack Harkness
      Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
      Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
      Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
      I live here.....Calling All Australians?
      My other home...Stargate Down Under
      My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Hello Everyone,

I've been a Stargate fan for years, but I'm a newbie on these 'ere forums..

I'm in the Shetland Islands (UK) and I work for the tourist board as an "Information Officer"

I'm also an Airsofter, and I run a pistol and Skirmish club up here in the Shetlands..

I of course have a P90 and a Berreta M9 for new people to use in the club, although I haven't been able to track down a "green laser" to fit on my P90 yet

Comment

Hello!
          I've been using this site on and off for ages, and so I thought it was about time I registered on the fourms!
          I've been watching Stargate for about 5 years or so now, I've seen every episode of Stargate but have missed the odd Atlantis one - so now I'm waiting for the dvd's (box set) to come out!
          Ness

Comment

Greetings Campers!

I Love this site alot! I always Post News on SG-1 & Atlantis In My Own Stargate Forum (& I always Credit Gateworld.net for the Info).

Anywhoo, I've been a Fan of SG-1 Since it was Showtime and I'm Hooked on Atlantis. I'm also a fan of The X-Files, CSI: Miami, CSI: New York, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Boston Legal, America's Funniest Home Video's, Medical Investigation, Law & Order: SVU & NCIS. I Love Bon Jovi!

sorry if my post is abit short, i've got a cold and i'm tired and it's 3:30AM (MST, Colorado Time) LOL
            "Great, last time I faced myself I ended up kicking my own ass." -Sheppard
            "Didn't I order you to get a life?" -Jack O'Neill

Comment

Hey everyone. I have also lurked around gateworld for a long time but never joined in, until now. It seems like their are a lot of very cool people here, so I signed up.

I can't recall exactly when I first saw SG1, but I do know it was on for a while before I saw it. I was hooked instantly, and it became dangerously addicting until I got caught up. I am still missing a few episodes...

I was hesitant to embrace Atlantis until I saw the premiere. I loved it. The rest is history...
              Embrace your dorkiness.

Comment

Hi everyone,

completely missed this thread but then again this is a huge forum so I guess that means I am not necessarily slow LOL

My name is Elle and I am running a Ben Browder website ( http://www.benbrowder-online.com ) and wherever Ben goes, I follow - in a very non-stalkery way, of course So right now, as I am a Stargate newbie, I am trying to catch up with the show and I found this forum to be very informative plus the people are friendly.

Take care,
                Elle
                "Ben Browder is my favourite piece of play-doh" Rowan Woods (director)

www.benbrowder-online.com

Comment

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum but not to Stargate. I saw the movie, but didn't see the show until Torment of Tant. Needless to say I was hooked. I spent the last four and a half years in the military, and missed seasons 4/5/6 because I was deployed. But I eventually caught up somewhere in late season six (man was I shocked to find Daniel gone!). Since I was in the Armed Forces you might catch me nitpicking certain things about the show/characters (this is why I can't sit through a single episode of JAG), but I still love Stargate.
                  I live in Colorado, USA (it's somewhere between LA and NY for all you non-Americans. Now that I'm a civillian again I can spend time here!
                  Last edited by Vega; 03 March 2005, 05:50 PM.
                  "And what would humans be without love?"
                  "RARE," said Death.
                  --Discworld

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the stargate]
                  Emory: Isn't that the Starga--
                  Oglethorpe: No! It's the Fargate! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've ever seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!
                  Emory: But--
                  Oglethorpe: No, it's a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!
                  --Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Comment

My name is Craig but my Gateworld Forum name is Amun just like to say these boards seem totally cool and will look forward to some interesting discussions about Stargate SG-1.

My favourite character is Daniel Jackson and Sam Carter. I'm not a massive fan of Stargate Atlantis but I do try to watch it now and again but not as religiously as SG-1.

So I'll be seeing your around.

Comment

Hi

my real name is Saskia and my nickname has got nothing to do with Sara O'Neill It's my usual nickname... Just in case someone wonders... I'm 22 years old and from Northern Germany.

I'm a Stargate fan since... the movie... I was a real fan of it and when someone told that they made TV show out of it I thought "That's going to be bad..." But then I saw the first episodes and became a greater fan of the TV show than I was of the movie...

What else... My favourite character is Daniel Jackson...

Errr... I guess that's it for now

Comment

Hi my name is Alex my nickname is Quetzalcoatl, this is the name of the mayan god represented by the winged serpent, i used the aztec name as its easier to remember, lol

I've been a stargate fan since the movies and have been browsing this forum since last november, and finally decided to join in.

Im a student studying Marketing, but one of my biggest interests is in history, i love finding out about ancient cultures, which is why i love stargate its got history, scifi and comedy by the bucketload.

I been watching scifi since the start of deep space nine but i have to say Stargate and Babylon 5 are my favorite shows along with their spin offs

Comment

Hey to all
                          My name is Martijn and im from the netherlands and im 23 years of age. im following stargate sg1 from the first episode The Children of the Gods since it was on tv in 1997 later onin 2002 i bought all episodes right on dvd since then i have all seasons on dvd. (season 1 til 7 ofcourse)
                          I am an studying Telecommunications/ICT in my spare time in studying ancient cultures especially egypt. im an collector of papyrus scrolls.
                          I like stargate because the have one main role in them and that is Egypt an that atracted me to watch the show.
                          I like sci-fi since 1987 like watrchin Star Trek with Spock and Shatner.
                          Other shows i like are: Alias, Farscape, Star Trek, Andromeda, Babylon 5, Millenium, Earth Final Conflict.

Make no Mistake... Osiris will return... and the rivers of the earth wil run red in blood

Comment

Hi I'm GotGate?.My name is John and I am also a member of www.sg-command.net. I have liked Stargate for a few years and I think Gateworld is a great Episode resorce.Also, My favorite character is Daniel.

Comment

Hello All.

Sg1 is a really good sci fi show, excellent writning special effects, an d almost beliveable.(whoever heard of the american government keeping a secret? )

anyways cyall around
                              ever notice how only 1 out of 5 bad guy's have any sort of accuracy? and always seem to hit the extras?

MarkovForums

Comment

Hey everyone. I used to play here in the olden days, when it was still called 'Starguide' and the forums were on Delphi. I got busy with school and stopped posting, but I've still been faithfully watching both SG1 and Atlantis. I'm looking forward to getting to know the new forums and the people here.

Comment

Working...
                                X