This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Carl View Post
    Looks confusing. So is this what "the gateworld cantina" thread is about? That thing is HUGE!
    Maybe
    Warning enter the Cantina at your own risk, Newbies are systematically tortured till they either pass the test, or leave out of frustration.

Tood? Sounds like toad.
    It does kinda doesn't it I shall let him defend himself on that one

You people are funny.
    I know not of what you speak

no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Huh, I'm kinda confused. What's special about The Gateworld Cantina thread? I've never posted there, but every time I've looked in there it just looks like people chatting.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        Huh, I'm kinda confused. What's special about The Gateworld Cantina thread? I've never posted there, but every time I've looked in there it just looks like people chatting.
        Ah, that's true. It's a sad story....it once was a place of myth and legend. If you poke around the Cantina Wiki (which could devour hours, days, weeks or possibly months of your life ), you can see tales of the olden days, when Mapp was captain and we experienced the Golden Age of Piracy and fought in the Chosen Wars. Now we've alternately saved and blown up the multiverse so many times there isn't much left to do but sit on our hands and chat. ._. That or we've been locked in a moment of time by some dastardly foe, powerless to interact with the universe around us... >_>

Truthfully, we used to do some really great RPGs, helmed by Admiral Mappalazarou (formerly just "mappalazarou"). The bar is only one portion of the Cantina as whole, which is actually a TARDIS. It took the form of a Pirate ship in one main adventure and a Firefly-class ship in the other. However, after Mapp stopped coming online as frequently due to school and general life, the adventures petered out. More new people came in who never knew about the adventures and just wanted to chat, so that's how we essentially just turned into a chat thread.

....albeit with some violent hazing rituals.
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
          Hello, can you hold my monkey?
          But how will I hold my cookie?

Comment

Originally posted by Lycoris View Post
            But how will I hold my cookie?
            The monkey will eat it for you. Problem solved.

*waves to new people*
            sigpic

Comment

Hello to all my fellow travelers out there, I'm new to this, haven't had time to poke around, please have mercy.... I've looked for stickers/other merchandise having to do with Battle Cruisers...I've seen the patches but I can't find t-shirts/sweat shirts/stickers and so on. Any suggestions ? Thanks fellow travelers. By the way anyone here live in maryland ? Sorry if I'm not allowed to ask that, some of the forums can be strict.

Comment

Originally posted by TECHSGTMiante View Post
                Hello to all my fellow travelers out there, I'm new to this, haven't had time to poke around, please have mercy.... I've looked for stickers/other merchandise having to do with Battle Cruisers...I've seen the patches but I can't find t-shirts/sweat shirts/stickers and so on. Any suggestions ? Thanks fellow travelers. By the way anyone here live in maryland ? Sorry if I'm not allowed to ask that, some of the forums can be strict.
                Welcome.
                Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                Ah, that's true. It's a sad story....it once was a place of myth and legend. If you poke around the Cantina Wiki (which could devour hours, days, weeks or possibly months of your life ), you can see tales of the olden days, when Mapp was captain and we experienced the Golden Age of Piracy and fought in the Chosen Wars. Now we've alternately saved and blown up the multiverse so many times there isn't much left to do but sit on our hands and chat. ._. That or we've been locked in a moment of time by some dastardly foe, powerless to interact with the universe around us... >_>

Truthfully, we used to do some really great RPGs, helmed by Admiral Mappalazarou (formerly just "mappalazarou"). The bar is only one portion of the Cantina as whole, which is actually a TARDIS. It took the form of a Pirate ship in one main adventure and a Firefly-class ship in the other. However, after Mapp stopped coming online as frequently due to school and general life, the adventures petered out. More new people came in who never knew about the adventures and just wanted to chat, so that's how we essentially just turned into a chat thread.

....albeit with some violent hazing rituals.
                Ahh ok, that sounded cool, even if I suck at rping cuz I really don't know how to, its fun to read/watch. Thanks for explaining. The convos that I've seen in there recently seem pretty funny/cool though. Umm.. just out of curiosity exactly how violent are the hazings lol , just in case I decide to pop in and say "hi".
                sigpic

Comment

Be scared, be really scared! Fear is good!
                  Spoiler:
                  I am evil.
                  Spoiler:
                  Evil = Sexy.

Muwhahahahahaha.
                  Spoiler:
                  Mine is an evil laugh!

Welcome all!!

Now, who wants to go and join me? I promise cookies and lots of nice Summer Glau pictures. Plus, protection from Girlbot. Did I mention cookies?

Spoiler:
                  A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

So, there's another new kid in town
                    But...what's there to say 'bout me???

I'm 16 years old, from Germany and a huge SG-1 and Sanctuary fan...
                    I love playing football and reading through the GW threads in my free time^^
                    Well, that's pretty much everything there is to say about me... gotta go now
                    bye bye
                    Corina
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TECHSGTMiante View Post
                      Originally posted by CorinaEder View Post

bye bye
                      Corina
                      Hello
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi, I'm Nera and I'm from Slovakia. I love space and stars and of course I'm big fan of Stargate. I just wish there is more of it on our TV. Thanks gods for internet.
                        Hugs and kisses...
                        Nera

Comment

Originally posted by CorinaEder View Post

bye bye
                          Corina
                          Originally posted by Nera999 View Post
                          Hi, I'm Nera and I'm from Slovakia. I love space and stars and of course I'm big fan of Stargate. I just wish there is more of it on our TV. Thanks gods for internet.
                          Hugs and kisses...
                          Nera
                          Hi CorinaEder and Nera. Welcome and have fun.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hugs and kisses...
                            Nera
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Hugs and kisses...
                              Nera
                              Hi
                              sigpic

Comment

Thought I'd pop in and say hi...so hi!

I used to watch Stargate all the time when it was on Showtime, but once it moved to the SyFy channel I pretty much stopped watching it. But the final nail in coffin, so to speak for me, was when SyFy canceled Farscape and BSG. I boycotted that channel and so I have no idea what went on with Stargate. And then one day, out of the blue, I had a hankering for some SgC fanfiction. One click led to another and here I am. I've been lurking for a while in the Fanfic threads and thought it was time for "Lurk the Lurker" come out of the dark.

I am looking forward to hanging out in the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X