Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is the beginning of a new month. So welcome all the newbies to come. Hope you enjoy yourself here. Have fun. Please feel free to decorate (customize) your profile page anyway you want. And keep your hands at the end of your arms at all times.
    Half the people here , are here to annoy the other half, sides change without notice
    Have a good morning, afternoon, evening, or whatever time it is.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

gather round newbies to hear the first 10 lessons of survival at gateworld.

lesson 1. you cant green someone until you get past 100 (or is it 50? ) posts. it will just be grey.
      lesson 2. being offensive around here wont just make you enemies, it will get you killed.
      lesson 3. not all cookies are poisonous
      lesson 4. a happy mod is a mod who's ego you have fed for the day
      lesson 5. beware the ship threads. if csught unexpectedly in a squeefest then please post the first character picture you can and run. fast.
      lesson 6. not everyone is mean. just ask someone if you need help with anything and they should be able to direct you.
      lesson 7. sig rulz are IMPORTANT! a sig that is bigger than 50 kb or stretches the forum page is not allowed.
      lesson 8. mods are unforgiving to those who dont listen to the sig rulz. (i should know >.>)
      lesson 9. keep threads ontopic pleases. the mods dont like chaos.
      lesson 10. uhh..... oh yeah! be sure to swing by and help other newer newbies settle in it is thy duty!!!

thats lessontime over for today
      sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
        gather round newbies to hear the first 10 lessons of survival at gateworld.

lesson 1. you cant green someone until you get past 100 (or is it 50? ) posts. it will just be grey.
        lesson 2. being offensive around here wont just make you enemies, it will get you killed.
        lesson 3. not all cookies are poisonous
        lesson 4. a happy mod is a mod who's ego you have fed for the day
        lesson 5. beware the ship threads. if csught unexpectedly in a squeefest then please post the first character picture you can and run. fast.
        lesson 6. not everyone is mean. just ask someone if you need help with anything and they should be able to direct you.
        lesson 7. sig rulz are IMPORTANT! a sig that is bigger than 50 kb or stretches the forum page is not allowed.
        lesson 8. mods are unforgiving to those who dont listen to the sig rulz. (i should know >.>)
        lesson 9. keep threads ontopic pleases. the mods dont like chaos.
        lesson 10. uhh..... oh yeah! be sure to swing by and help other newer newbies settle in it is thy duty!!!

thats lessontime over for today
        Done tormenting the noobs for the day, susanne?

Comment

LESSONS?!?!?!?!? I thought I finished all those for the year!

*hides*
          "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by muh_tuttles View Post
            lessons?!?!?!?!? I thought i finished all those for the year! :s

*hides*
            lol
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
              LESSONS?!?!?!?!? I thought I finished all those for the year!

*hides*
              And according to susanne, I'm still a noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                And according to susanne, I'm still a noob.
                I am a newb according to her too! And I thought i was a pro!
                "Wøøf!"

Comment

No, you guys aren't noobs. I'm the noob. And I take pride in my noobness! *nod nod, flicks one of her pigtails over her shoulder, then dances around with pride* lol
                  sigpic

Comment

your all newbs in the face of my awesomeness *is beaten about the head* ...ow

and AofA.....i LOVE torturing the newbs i could come up with 50 lessons if you want
                    sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Hi, I'm a 26 year old from England new to the boards. Got to be honest and shoot me down for saying this... But wasn't a big sci-fi fan, thought it was uncool and geeky. How wrong I was and sorry for any judgements - I've grown up a bit since then! Big football (soccer) and boxing fan and player weren't really interested in anything else.

Until I watched Stargate the movie.... Loved the film and love SG1.

Favourite charachter - Jack O'Neill although Teal'c can have me crying with laughter sometimes. Chris Judge is a superb facial expression actor. His ability to keep a straight face whilst saying some of his lines are unbelievable!

Comment

Hi, my name is Medu and I'm a Stargate Addict......there, I said it! (proudly ) Newbe here, so I was glad of the rules. I still don't know how to send some green but nice to know I could if I did! Loving all my new friends on the threads and definitely looking forward to CreationCon in April (convention newbie, too *hangs head*) Great to meet you all!
                        Sigs by the very gifted Luciana
                        STARCON - For further information, please go to: aurorisentertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Bridge_Boy View Post
                          Hi, I'm a 26 year old from England new to the boards. Got to be honest and shoot me down for saying this... But wasn't a big sci-fi fan, thought it was uncool and geeky. How wrong I was and sorry for any judgements - I've grown up a bit since then! Big football (soccer) and boxing fan and player weren't really interested in anything else.

Until I watched Stargate the movie.... Loved the film and love SG1.

Favourite charachter - Jack O'Neill although Teal'c can have me crying with laughter sometimes. Chris Judge is a superb facial expression actor. His ability to keep a straight face whilst saying some of his lines are unbelievable!
                          Originally posted by medusacascade View Post
                          Hi, my name is Medu and I'm a Stargate Addict......there, I said it! (proudly ) Newbe here, so I was glad of the rules. I still don't know how to send some green but nice to know I could if I did! Loving all my new friends on the threads and definitely looking forward to CreationCon in April (convention newbie, too *hangs head*) Great to meet you all!
                          Hi hi and welcome! *smiles*

And medusacascade, it says I can't give anymore green for a bit. So, when I can, I will give ya some. lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
                            Hi hi and welcome! *smiles*

And medusacascade, it says I can't give anymore green for a bit. So, when I can, I will give ya some. lol
                            Aw thank you that's really nice of you! When I learn how to give green, you're the 1st in line, promise. I've never met so many nice people with so much in common in one place in my whole life *grin* I'm going to the GW party in Vancouver and also the farewell dinner there, everyone is so friendly. I'm spending most of my afternoons/evenings on here *what is this thing called 'life' that you speak of?*

Comment

welcome! *hands each of them a newbie care package* now can i ask exactly why you chose to join the craziest forum in the milky way?? O.o
                              sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
                                welcome! *hands each of them a newbie care package* now can i ask exactly why you chose to join the craziest forum in the milky way?? O.o
                                Of course you may ask! I'd been pootling around as a 'guest' for about 6 months and then came across the 'Jr Bourne/Martouf 'Thunk' thread' and thought 'woo, that's for me!' so I immediately registered and here I am. I'm in the middle of writing Martouf/other fanfic ATM (1st foray into fanfic) and am lving the great welcome I've had from all of the threads I've ventured onto. Made some nice friends already and am soooo looking forward to putting some names to faces at the CreationCon! Oh, I'm also disabled and have far too much time on my hands. Have been a Stagate fan since the heady days of the movie when I immediately bought the video (hey, gimme a break, it was the 90's) and watched it til it went all fuzzy from overuse, by which time DVD's had come down to a reasonable price and SG-1 was around to feed my addiction (I also overexplain and talk too much *hangs head and says 'sorry*
                                Welcome to my life story, I live and breathe SG, along with Doctor Who and Torchwood. (plus old stuff like 'The Last Starfighter and Electric Dreams among others)

Comment

Working...
                                X