Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the welcome Rocket4477 and D.C.

There is an Aussie thread? Hmmm maybe worth while looking at it to see if it can be placed in a sarcophagus and brought back to life

Comment

I might post in it if it's revived. It's called "Calling All Australians..."

Comment

Hi all... I finally made it over.... yeah yeah, you've all been here for ages and I'm just finally joining the new forum.

Anyway, I'll be back to my normal self.... rarely posting, often reading, but I wanted to keep with the tradition of saying 'hi' when signing up.

--Chris

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Christr. I do hope you do some posting. We don't bite (well, not most of us anyway).
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by christr
            Hi all... I finally made it over.... yeah yeah, you've all been here for ages and I'm just finally joining the new forum.

Anyway, I'll be back to my normal self.... rarely posting, often reading, but I wanted to keep with the tradition of saying 'hi' when signing up.

--Chris
            Hello Chris.

Welcome to GateWorld!
            Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
            Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

^ So I'm guessing, from your username, that you like KJ-52? Welcome to the forum!!!
              Indeed, I am a fan of KJ-52. I used to be much more into him and the whole Christian hip hop scene but have geared more towards rock. However, he still holds a place in my heart (and CD collection). I've seen him twice live, and the second time he remembered me.

Hello Chris,

You saw all 8 seasons (-10 episodes) in one year? I applaud you!

Oh, and welcome to GateWorld
              I believe I started watching SG-1 in October or November of last year, so it has indeed been a year now. I had originally watched MacGyver quite often on the TV Land channel and then, got curious about what SG-1 was like. So originally, I watched it for him. I remember my first episode was "The Broca Divide" in season 1 (it was on a SG-1 monday, I believe). After that, I tuned into the Sci-Fi channel every day to watch it (missing a few days here and there, of course). With the 5 episodes being aired on Mondays, 1 per day on Tuesday-Thursdays, and then 2-3 on Fridays, it took a while but I've now seen most episodes of SG-1. Actually, today I am planning on seeing three episodes I haven't seen all of or any of (I've only seen about 5-10 minutes of "The Changeling" and the very end of "Beneath The Surface"). I look forward to the day where I can say I've seen every single episode that has been aired.

Oh, also, I picked up the book "The Price You Pay" at the local Barnes and Noble's and liked it a lot. Unfortunately, that was the only one in the novel series that B&N had.

So, that's my Stargate history...

And also, thanks everyone for welcoming me!

Comment

Originally posted by yabrefstank
                I believe I started watching SG-1 in October or November of last year, so it has indeed been a year now. I had originally watched MacGyver quite often on the TV Land channel and then, got curious about what SG-1 was like. So originally, I watched it for him. I remember my first episode was "The Broca Divide" in season 1 (it was on a SG-1 monday, I believe). After that, I tuned into the Sci-Fi channel every day to watch it (missing a few days here and there, of course). With the 5 episodes being aired on Mondays, 1 per day on Tuesday-Thursdays, and then 2-3 on Fridays, it took a while but I've now seen most episodes of SG-1. Actually, today I am planning on seeing three episodes I haven't seen all of or any of (I've only seen about 5-10 minutes of "The Changeling" and the very end of "Beneath The Surface"). I look forward to the day where I can say I've seen every single episode that has been aired.
                Wow! Am I reading this correctly? Did you say that you watched 5 episodes on Mondays? You must have some crazy cable/satellite services where you live!

Arg! I envy you! The only channel that I get that plays Stargate is still airing season 7 for the first time!! boo hoo

Comment

Heh... in the US, on the Sci-Fi channel they have Stargate SG-1 Monday marathons every Monday. The advertisement is "4 missions-1 night" however they don't include the episode that is on at 6 PM Eastern time (5 central) as well. So yes, I watched 5 episodes per Monday, when I had the time on my hands. Now, I typically watch the episodes that I either haven't seen or like and feel the need to see again.

Comment

^^^ you should buy all the seasons on dvd!! they're totally worth buying... you can watch any episode whenever WITHOUT commercials! and the audio commentaries in season 4+ are often hilarious, and almost always informative if ya enjoy that and all the other extras are fun too

Originally posted by Buggy542
                    You saw all 8 seasons (-10 episodes) in one year? I applaud you!
                    i got season one in april and i only watched about four or five episodes before that, and i wasn't even a fan then! i have since seen all but about two or three eps from season 8 so trust me, it's doable and lgad to know i'm not the only one that insane!!!

and welcome to the newest newbies...
                    Last edited by emily_reich; 07 December 2004, 11:26 AM.

Comment

heys whats up new guys

test my sig like it?
                      "I was just looking at the sky, Trying to figure out how many stars we'd actually been to."

Comment

hey guys whats happening.

as you can probably see, i love team america

Comment

Hey Team America!! Nice to have you here on the Forum!
                          Rocky

Comment

love the sig, newton not so many stargate movie sigs out there

Comment

Originally posted by team america
                              hey guys whats happening.

as you can probably see, i love team america
                              Hello there team america! Welcome to GateWorld!

Have fun posting!

Comment

In typical fashion, I found the intro thread last ... or close to last. *sigh*

Okay, here we go. I'm a Canuck who fell in love with the Stargate concept when I went to see the movie solely because Kurt Russell was in it. Sure, I expected something more than just beefcake, but the darn thing snuck up on me. I was thrilled when they decided to make a tv series out of it, watched avidly to begin with, then life interfered and I drifted away. Found my way back this past year, and I've been thrilled to death.

On a personal note, I prefer cats to dogs, I love tormenting my students, and the only children I persecute are my own.

Comment

Working...
                                X