• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muh_tuttles View Post
    you cruel thing Livestick
    Thank you. I try.
    Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Discotrash View Post
      Greetings, folks! I've been looking at Gateworld for a while now, but initially avoided it because, until recently, I was waiting to watch the seasons all at once when they came out on DVD and was terrified of spoilers. Since Season Four of SGA, I've been watching them as they air, so I decided it was finally time to sign up and perhaps post here and there.

Sadly, I don't have too many friends who are fans of science fiction, so I'm quite looking forward to getting to discuss things with fellow diehards. This will sound terrible, but I had some troubles with insomnia and found that the DVD commentaries really helped me sleep. This is not to say that they're boring: it's just easy for me to close my eyes and drift off to sleep during them. My favorites are those with Peter DeLuise--when he lays off the potty humor--Martin Gero and Amanda Tapping, I think.

In any event, I'm a great admirer of both series, though I've been a bit less excited about the past two seasons of SGA. I was a huge fan of McKay even before SGA came out, and I'm wildly fond of Weir--probably because Torri Higginson is so delightful in the commentaries and extra features. Again, I wasn't thrilled about the direction they've taken Weir's character in recently, but that's surely something better discussed elsewhere on this site.

Thanks and take care.
      Hey Discotrash! Twas a wise idea to keep away from the spoilers Me, on the other hand, I delight in spoilers and read all the transcripts as soon as they come out coz otherwise I have to wait years for the show to come out in Australia.

Please to meet you and I hope you enjoy your stay in the forum.
      "Wøøf!"

Comment

and the Chevron thread. Pretty much you just do the next number and chat with the others very fun.
        giving away the secret now are you MT?

Welcome all new members i hope you enjoy it here, well i know you'll probably enjoy it here but anyway...welcome

Comment

I wasn't giving away secrets
          "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
            I just got my hair highlighted! I don't want it to fall out!
            Originally posted by Livestick View Post
            Which is why you're the perfect candidate for me to torture. *beams several cookies into a of a's stomach and watches her hair fall out*
            Awww.... that's so mean. If it were me, I'd cry. Last time I had my hair highlighted, it took several hours. I hated sitting there. It was horrible. I decided then, since it was also my first time, that I would never do it again. LOL

Greetings, folks! I've been looking at Gateworld for a while now, but initially avoided it because, until recently, I was waiting to watch the seasons all at once when they came out on DVD and was terrified of spoilers. Since Season Four of SGA, I've been watching them as they air, so I decided it was finally time to sign up and perhaps post here and there.

Sadly, I don't have too many friends who are fans of science fiction, so I'm quite looking forward to getting to discuss things with fellow diehards. This will sound terrible, but I had some troubles with insomnia and found that the DVD commentaries really helped me sleep. This is not to say that they're boring: it's just easy for me to close my eyes and drift off to sleep during them. My favorites are those with Peter DeLuise--when he lays off the potty humor--Martin Gero and Amanda Tapping, I think.

In any event, I'm a great admirer of both series, though I've been a bit less excited about the past two seasons of SGA. I was a huge fan of McKay even before SGA came out, and I'm wildly fond of Weir--probably because Torri Higginson is so delightful in the commentaries and extra features. Again, I wasn't thrilled about the direction they've taken Weir's character in recently, but that's surely something better discussed elsewhere on this site.

Thanks and take care.
            Hi hi and welcome! Watch out for the toxic cookies and cakes running around here. *nod nod* And have fun! *smiles*
            sigpic

Comment

Hey, I'm Enaj.

I was introduced to the site, via my partner, who doesn't visit much lately, but joined last night after a conversation with Allestian.

Okay, off what you know, yes, I am Allestians...insane friend, so, I'm the other part of the youtube duo she may have mentioned, AllestianEnaj.

I'm knew...and only recently watched Stargate, but love it, also a huge Torchwood/Dr Who fan lol.

Kelly.
              This is my timey wimey detector, it goes ding, when there's stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Enaj View Post
                Hey, I'm Enaj.

I was introduced to the site, via my partner, who doesn't visit much lately, but joined last night after a conversation with Allestian.

Okay, off what you know, yes, I am Allestians...insane friend, so, I'm the other part of the youtube duo she may have mentioned, AllestianEnaj.

I'm knew...and only recently watched Stargate, but love it, also a huge Torchwood/Dr Who fan lol.

Kelly.
                Welcome, welcome. welcome. I suppose you don't need to be warned about this place, unless of course Allestian is out to get you and allowed you to join without warning you about us. (were the cookies mentioned?) Slightly poisonous if they are Susanne's , lethal if they are MT's...............I'm just saying Enjoy yourself here.
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                  Welcome, welcome. welcome. I suppose you don't need to be warned about this place, unless of course Allestian is out to get you and allowed you to join without warning you about us. (were the cookies mentioned?) Slightly poisonous if they are Susanne's , lethal if they are MT's...............I'm just saying Enjoy yourself here.
                  Ok, ok, lets count the fatalities from my cookies ....... hmmm, let me think ..... NONE!!!

Just coz they have REALLY bad side effects doesn't mean you can classify them as lethal
                  "Wøøf!"

Comment

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
                    Awww.... that's so mean. If it were me, I'd cry. Last time I had my hair highlighted, it took several hours. I hated sitting there. It was horrible. I decided then, since it was also my first time, that I would never do it again. LOL
                    It took two hours. I was sooo sick of sitting still! I have to move my legs at least every three minutes! But the highlights turned out really cute!

Welcome, Doscotrash and Enaj! Leave your sanity at the Gate, if you haven't been told by GB already. And watch out fro cookies, particularly susanne and MT's. No deaths have been reported from them...yet.

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                    Which is why you're the perfect candidate for me to torture. *beams several cookies into a of a's stomach and watches her hair fall out*
                    Hahahahaha! That was a clone, you stupid human! I stole some cloning equipment from Ba'al! *runs and Gates to random planet*

Comment

WOOT!!! I too am a hardcore lover of Rodney (isn't he just the cutest and sweetest little darling ever? ) and there's always room for Michael .

Hope you enjoy the forum!

Some threads you might thoroughly enjoy:

Under Characters and Relationships:

Hewlett thunk thread

the Pro Dr Keller/Rodney Mckay Ship thread

and the Chevron thread. Pretty much you just do the next number and chat with the others very fun.

Thanks for the heads up. haha Rodney's always been my favorite and he certainly is the most adorable sweetheart. I love the McKeller romance. So cute >.< ^^
                      sigpic

"...If only to see the stars again" **

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Forgive me if I'm asking about this in the wrong place, but I was curious about the banner-type images that most members have attached to their signatures. I read the FAQ, so I get how large they're supposed to be, that they need to be appropriate and that sort of thing, but I wondered if most people came up with them on their own.

I'm a graphic artist, so I'm planning to make one--not to steal one or anything like that. I'm completely new to this type of forum, so I was just sort of hoping someone could clue me in. Thanks in advance!
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Forgive me if I'm asking about this in the wrong place, but I was curious about the banner-type images that most members have attached to their signatures. I read the FAQ, so I get how large they're supposed to be, that they need to be appropriate and that sort of thing, but I wondered if most people came up with them on their own.

I'm a graphic artist, so I'm planning to make one--not to steal one or anything like that. I'm completely new to this type of forum, so I was just sort of hoping someone could clue me in. Thanks in advance!
                          some people make them for themselves or other people on the forum theres also a thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40969

Comment

Originally posted by x_stargatergirl_x View Post
                            some people make them for themselves or other people on the forum theres also a thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40969
                            Thanks very much for the info. I enjoyed the thread!
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks very much for the info. I enjoyed the thread!
                              your welcome, nice banner

Comment

Originally posted by Enaj View Post
                                Hey, I'm Enaj.

Kelly.
                                Hi hi and welcome! *smiles* Have fun! *nod nod*

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                                It took two hours. I was sooo sick of sitting still! I have to move my legs at least every three minutes! But the highlights turned out really cute!
                                I was literally in the chair most of the day. My bf actually got sick of sitting there and so I had him go and pick up some energy drinks for me. And the hairstylist had no clue that it would take so long to highlight my hair. It came out really cute and all, but I don't think I could do it again. lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X