X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again, and welcome to Gateworld

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Ok, so I joined like a month ago. I think. I just kind of look around cause I don't really know what I'm doing. Anyway, I got turned on to SG1 a couple of years ago via dvd from a friend and have been hooked ever since. I've got all 10 seasons on dvd and the first 3 of SGA. I am currently in season 8...again. Serious addiction, but what can I say. Looking forward to attempting to navigate my way through this forum and hope I don't get to confused.

Comment

Oy, I hate these introduction things. It's always so difficult to know where to begin!

I guess I'll start with how I became interested in Stargate. I was out of the country during the premiere season of SG-1, so I never watched the show during its first run. It's definitely one that takes a lot of explaining if you miss the beginning. However, it was always on my list of "shows I'd like to watch if I ever got the time."

Earlier this fall, I ran across a fic that was a crossover between SG-1 and Bones, my other favorite show. It reminded me that I'd probably really like Stargate, so I borrowed the first three seasons from a friend and the rest as they say is history. I was hooked almost instantly. As a writer, the first thing I noticed was the tight writing. There are very few plot holes or continuity gaffes, which is really unusual. The second thing I noticed was the stellar acting. There are some scenes I watch and I'm just blown away.

*cough* Sorry, I could go on and on from the technical side... Moving along. I just finished season 5 of SG-1, and I really felt like I needed a community to share my love with. ^_^ I did a quick Google search and found y'all, and here I am.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shanksfan840 View Post
          Ok, so I joined like a month ago. I think. I just kind of look around cause I don't really know what I'm doing. Anyway, I got turned on to SG1 a couple of years ago via dvd from a friend and have been hooked ever since. I've got all 10 seasons on dvd and the first 3 of SGA. I am currently in season 8...again. Serious addiction, but what can I say. Looking forward to attempting to navigate my way through this forum and hope I don't get to confused.
          Originally posted by Chocolatequeen View Post
          Oy, I hate these introduction things. It's always so difficult to know where to begin!

I guess I'll start with how I became interested in Stargate. I was out of the country during the premiere season of SG-1, so I never watched the show during its first run. It's definitely one that takes a lot of explaining if you miss the beginning. However, it was always on my list of "shows I'd like to watch if I ever got the time."

Earlier this fall, I ran across a fic that was a crossover between SG-1 and Bones, my other favorite show. It reminded me that I'd probably really like Stargate, so I borrowed the first three seasons from a friend and the rest as they say is history. I was hooked almost instantly. As a writer, the first thing I noticed was the tight writing. There are very few plot holes or continuity gaffes, which is really unusual. The second thing I noticed was the stellar acting. There are some scenes I watch and I'm just blown away.

*cough* Sorry, I could go on and on from the technical side... Moving along. I just finished season 5 of SG-1, and I really felt like I needed a community to share my love with. ^_^ I did a quick Google search and found y'all, and here I am.

Welcome you two!

I joined in 2006, but I abandoned my other username for the one I'm using all over the net. (Rotster)

Nice to have you here, and hope you enjoy it.
          Seems pretty wild in here.

Comment

Hello, Im new, Im female, from the UK, 20 years of age, and a lesbian (where are the gay characters in stargate?)

i love all stargate, star trek, doctor who, star wars etc. and have been lurking since reading about Daniel Jackson dying spoilers about 6 years ago.

This forum is a little scary as there are so many of you, and so many posts to read in every thread. Never-the-less i have decided to join in.

I have a website, which is in my siggy, and will probably be deleted by the mods when they read it, but anyway all are welcome to it if you like that sort of thing.

See ya around the universe xxx
            http://bubblegumsex.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello. I'm new. I just signed up. I started watching stargate this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetDreams2 View Post
                Hello. I'm new. I just signed up. I started watching stargate this year.
                that's 14 year of material to catch up on

Comment

Originally posted by P2J View Post
                  that's 14 year of material to catch up on
                  You know what? I reckon that would be hell of a lot of fun to do....
                  What is right cannot be measured in strength.

I think i spend to much time sitting here......

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron_0105 View Post
                    You know what? I reckon that would be hell of a lot of fun to do....
                    I wish I could remove my memories of it and watch it all over again

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                      I wish I could remove my memories of it and watch it all over again
                      me too bring back that good feeling before my outlook was destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by P2J View Post
                        me too bring back that good feeling before my outlook was destroyed
                        Totally agree with you on that.
                        What is right cannot be measured in strength.

I think i spend to much time sitting here......

Comment

Welcome
                          sigpic
                          Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron_0105 View Post
                            Totally agree with you on that.
                            yup i blame fandom and finding out how tv shows really work

Comment

Hi kids, and welcome to the wonderful world of Gateworld! Please keep all unpleasant, rude, or otherwise insulting posts to yourselves until the vehicle comes to a complete stop. Thank you, and enjoy your ride!
                              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Hi welcome to the zoo we just have more rule please don't' feed the trolls there are on a strict diet please ignore them
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X