This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

I'm a newbie here but have been watching Stargate SG-1 since the very first episode. I live in the UK, so season eight of SG-1 just began over here this week - and I'm very excited right now, because Atlantis begins airing here next week!

I'm an aspiring writer. I'm in the middle of a career break from work right now and am busy with a creative writing study course and an editing/proofreading course. Plus I'm writing my second novel and trying to sell my first!

I love most cult tv shows (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Enterprise, Joan of Arcadia, Battlestar Galactica, Tru Calling, Dead Like Me, The Dead Zone, etc), I have a huge DVD collection, and I also love footie (I support Blackburn Rovers FC).

Oh, and my favourite Stargate character is Rodney McKay (I know Atlantis hasn't started here yet but David Hewlett is always fantastic and I loved his guest appearances on SG-1), with Daniel a close second.

I'm sure you'll see me around the forum soon!
    "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Ugly Pig suggested I introduce myself here, so let me just repeat what I said in the General Discussion thread.

Greetings and salutations. I'm not new to Stargate, but new to this forum. Not new to GateWorld either, actually, but again... I tend to repeat myself.

I write fan-fic. So far, I've finished one StarGate story and have another one that I want to finish and a third one I'm working on. Oh, I've been writing fan-fic for... uh... 25 years or so. No kidding.

I'm an IT-Supporter and hail from Copenhagen, Denmark.

Just thought I'd say hi.

TTFN,
      Cathy
      'Oooh. There's that Mitchell-guy again. Hot stuff. Say, whatever happened to Crichton?'

Comment

Cathy's user ID is 3390. Does that mean there are 3390 of us forum members now? Whoa!
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Piggy, we have 3,386 members. There are a few user numbers which don't exist (I don't know why) in the single and early double digits. In case you are curious, on the main Forum page under GateWorld Statistics, it lists the number of members.
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
            Piggy, we have 3,386 members.
            Okay... It was close, anyway...
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

HI DI HO Everyone! NEW, OLD fan.(46).. I'm a married (for 23 yrs. to Retired Navy Master Chief), Mother of 15 year old online GAMER DUDE, been a fan of StarGate since about season 2, but been a Fan of Richard Dean Andersons' since his MacGyver Days.....We live in Minnesota, USA and enjoy fishing and camping! Nice meeting you all!

Comment

Welcome Overthehillfan.
                Rocky

Comment

Thanks Rocket.... Just call me Queeny, it'll save you're fingers!

Comment

Hello! My little sister MartoufMarty finally convinced me to join the madness that is GateWorld Forums! Mwahaha! So I have. 18, female, Canadian, been a fan of SG-1 since season 3, and Atlantis since it started. As for favorite characters, I like them all (especially the men ), but my favorite out of everyone has to be Rodney McKay. Nice to meet you all! Hope I won't annoy you too much.

|| McKay: Do you know how much I hate certain death? ||
                    || Beckett: I'm a doctor, not a bloody fighter-pilot! ||
                    || Sheppard: Don't take on an alien armada single-handedly... Understood. ||

Comment

Originally posted by queenselqet31
                      Hello! My little sister MartoufMarty finally convinced me to join the madness that is GateWorld Forums! Mwahaha! So I have. 18, female, Canadian, been a fan of SG-1 since season 3, and Atlantis since it started. As for favorite characters, I like them all (especially the men ), but my favorite out of everyone has to be Rodney McKay. Nice to meet you all! Hope I won't annoy you too much.
                      Yay!!

I got you to join!!!

Start posting, Michele! You gotta try to catch up to me!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        Yay!!

I got you to join!!!

Start posting, Michele! You gotta try to catch up to me!
                        How am I going to catch up to you? Nerd.

|| McKay: Do you know how much I hate certain death? ||
                        || Beckett: I'm a doctor, not a bloody fighter-pilot! ||
                        || Sheppard: Don't take on an alien armada single-handedly... Understood. ||

Comment

Welcome queenselqet31, I'm new too....Just call me Queeny....very nice to meet you!

Comment

Hello, campers. Pleased to be here. Is the signature too big?

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
                            Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
                            "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
                            My deviantART profile

Comment

Hiya thought id drop by and say hi
                              lizzi
                              Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

Not sure if I posted here earlier...but oh well. I like Stargate. Uhh, what else?
                                I'm not at all too keen on giving away info.
                                I dont visit often at all and I mostly read. Sometimes when I feel social I post and hope that someone reads and replies.
                                Gaterelle

Comment

Working...
                                X