Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I wasn't joking
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I wasn't joking
          I didn't think you were. I, too, had one brilliant cook for a grandmother and one who was a bit iffy on the cooking side, but she knew a whole lot about herbs and natural healing.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Comment

Maybe we are long lost relatives
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe... who knows...

Comment

As family, can I crash on your couch for 4-8 years?
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I didn't think you were. I, too, had one brilliant cook for a grandmother and one who was a bit iffy on the cooking side, but she knew a whole lot about herbs and natural healing.
                  as I recall I had both grandma's be fairly decent cooks....however the ethnic food the one grandma would cook sometimes for the Christmas holidays...the same kind my mom makes for Christmas Eve....tends to be kind of bland...it's homemade Slovak food and homemade pierogies tend to be kinda bland...I much prefer Mrs. T's pierogies from the freezer case in the supermarket....you know....with all the salt in the filling

My grandma on my dad's side of the family did probably mostly southern food...I think she did fried okra once....but would also do some Italian food that my great aunt from the same side of the family taught her

the funny thing about my great aunt was that she was legally blind as a bat but would still insist on driving and after every visit would usually succeed in running over my grandma's flowers on the way out of the driveway

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    As family, can I crash on your couch for 4-8 years?
                    Mi casa is your casa.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    the funny thing about my great aunt was that she was legally blind as a bat but would still insist on driving and after every visit would usually succeed in running over my grandma's flowers on the way out of the driveway
                    I can just see it right now: "NO, not the flowers..."

And the neighbors: "It's astonishing but her flowers always look so fresh."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Mi casa is your casa.

I can just see it right now: "NO, not the flowers..."

And the neighbors: "It's astonishing but her flowers always look so fresh."

I just don't think I would've wanted to be a passenger in any car she was driving

would've probably needed a whole bagful of fresh underwear

Comment

I'd take the wheels of her car. Let her try driving that.

Comment

Tmi mg
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Hi everyone!
                            I just joined the forum and I thought I introduce myself a little.

I started watching SG-1 only last autumn when our TV channel started it from the beginning. I vaguely knew the show and movies existed, but never could get into it. But I decided to give it one more chance. I missed first couple of episodes and some was watching only on and off, but episode that finally caught my attention was Fire and Water then came Singularity and Solitudes and since then I never skipped another episode. By There But for the Grace of God I knew that this show was something special so I decided to watch it properly from the first movie. I acually liked it very much along with following episodes. And gradually I became a big fan of the show.

I think that SG-1 is very well written show with interesting characters and great relationships between all main and secondary characters too. Its episodes are well balanced and I found only minimum of weaker ones in those I already saw. I`m currently at the end of season five.

I also love reading fanfiction. For years I have been a part of Xena fandom, so there I came into contact with fanfic for the first time, then came Rizzoli and Isles. Truth is I don`t read stories from other fandoms, but when I saw episode There But for the Grace of God, I became curious what the fans had to say about Sam and Jack`s relationship. And I found some excellent stories. (I`ve also found this forum when I searched for recommendations).

I`m so glad I found a still active place for Stargate fans. I didn`t expect it much because quite some time passed since the show started. Also the internet had changed a lot in last 15 years.

About a month ago our tv channel switched from SG-1 to Atlantis. I watched about half episodes from season one, but it didn`t catch my interest as much as SG-1. I`m still watching it when I can.

Comment

*starts banging on the bars*

New meat! New meat! Err... Welcome to the barbecue boards!

Someone fire up the barbecue and get the meat tenderizer.

Comment

You got away with that lovely welcome Annoyed!

Now, where's that BBQ smell coming from....?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X