Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you. I was never that good at math. I enjoyed Biology and Chemistry much more. Never took Physics beyond what I learned in general science class.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Chemistry wasn't that much different honestly for me. Lot of math as well.

Ironically, my degree is in Biology
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I know....but for whatever reason, I could deal with the chem math better than I could most of the math math or physics math.

My undergrad was in history.
        Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I think I might have liked you - what do you teach?
          This year: Psychology, Sociology, and Comparative Religion

Classified as a fail in my family - most definitely.
          Not necessarily by my family (I have a couple of brothers with learning disabilities - highly intelligent though) but for me personally, yes, a C would be unforgivable.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            This year: Psychology, Sociology, and Comparative Religion

Not necessarily by my family (I have a couple of brothers with learning disabilities - highly intelligent though) but for me personally, yes, a C would be unforgivable.
            When will you discuss Baconism?
            Jelgate is right

Comment

next semester. Patience young grasshopper.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
                I know....but for whatever reason, I could deal with the chem math better than I could most of the math math or physics math.

My undergrad was in history.
                I had a history teacher who gave me an A because he liked how I always argued with him. I loved history as a subject but I couldn't see a job market for it without a masters or doctorate.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  next semester. Patience young grasshopper.
                  I'm free if you want a guest speaker.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

sure - can you pass a background check and pay your own expenses? No guest speakers are allowed in the classroom without a background check. You could be a child molester, coming to rape all my students while I'm in the room. It's freaking ridiculous. I had a group of federal bankruptcy attorneys in once to explain bankruptcy to my economics class. Caught hell from administration for not having the background check done first.
                    sigpic

Comment

Depends. Federal or state background checks. As for expenses, I thought I was staying at Nola's house. We all know how she so much excess money

As annoying as it is I do understand the need for increased scrutiny we are seeing lately.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I had a history teacher who gave me an A because he liked how I always argued with him. I loved history as a subject but I couldn't see a job market for it without a masters or doctorate.
                        hehe....I love teachers like that. The job market for historians is why my grad degree is in Library and Information Science. A good job market for them.

Comment

So you are like Nola? Paid to sleep
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

And keep my organization legal and stuff with FOIA and records and I make sure books are in the ILS and stuff. Plus scare people about how much money they could cost the university if they don't keep their mouths shut about personal information.

Comment

Pfft. Universities are money grubbing thieves
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Are they better or worse than school districts?

Comment

Working...
                                X