This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I would say SG1 found its stride in S3, although S1 and S2 have some great episodes
    What he said.

SG1 was somewhat... campy (?) at the start of its run...

Originally posted by Cil View Post
    So I guess, you're not a McKay fan? Can't really understand that, but to everyone their opinion. From my point of view, he's the best thing about SGA and by far the most interesting and well written character. But I certainly don't want to start a war over this.
    I don't hate him, nor do I not not like him.

It's just that TPTW freely admitted they loved writing for him, hence why you could consider him "well-written", and thus he was overused to the detriment of the other characters. In the end it was all about McKay while the rest was just filler.

Am I right to assume that Heightmeyer is your favorite character?
    Yes, Kate is my favorite character. Next to Teyla, and Elizabeth, and Laura and Katie, and Miko, and Sheppard, and Carson, and Zelenka... But she takes the top spot.

If yes, I almost feel sorry for you, since she's only in about five episodes... But I also always liked her and she certainly didn't deserve the horrible way they got rid of her.
    Why do you say almost?

Nevertheless, I cherish those 5 episodes, even if I don't like what happened... but the Nile isn't just a river in Egypt.

Plus, I get to play with her in fanfic. So much to explore...

What kind of fanfiction are you writing?
    i write everything from G to P-13 (and occasionally R for violence), from friendship to romance (slash: Lorne/Parish only - femslash (OTP is Kate/teyla) - het (OTP is Kate/John))... If you like, I have some stuff on AO3.

Fortunately my favorite pairing is the one, that seems to be the most popular in the fanfiction world (lucky me!) and for some reason doesn't seem to be very popular here in the forum.
    So, McShep then?

In which case it might be popular but GW doesn't allow slash/femslash stories to be posted on the forum. They can only be linked to - with explicit warning they are of the slash variety, all ratings (not just the M-ratings).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I don't hate him, nor do I not not like him.

It's just that TPTW freely admitted they loved writing for him, hence why you could consider him "well-written", and thus he was overused to the detriment of the other characters. In the end it was all about McKay while the rest was just filler.
      You’re absolutely right, that the other characters often didn’t get much to do. It didn’t really bother me that much, because, like I said, McKay is my favorite character. In the beginning he was basically the reason I was watching and most of the time he got plenty to do. But of course I’d also have liked to get to know a bit more about the other characters as well.

Just yesterday I was talking to my friend about how weird it is, that we know so little about Sheppard, who’s supposedly the main character…

Why do you say almost?
      So sorry about the „almost“. I actually realized that after posting it, but it seems like I’m not allowed to edit my own posts…

i write everything from G to P-13 (and occasionally R for violence), from friendship to romance (slash: Lorne/Parish only - femslash (OTP is Kate/teyla) - het (OTP is Kate/John))... If you like, I have some stuff on AO3.
      Thanks very much for the link, I think I’m gonna check them out sometime. I'm on AO3 all the time. You can imagine the tons of fics I still have on my „to read“ list, after only coming to the fandom recently.

So, McShep then?

In which case it might be popular but GW doesn't allow slash/femslash stories to be posted on the forum. They can only be linked to - with explicit warning they are of the slash variety, all ratings (not just the M-ratings).
      Yes, McShep. For me it’s the one that makes the most sense and I enjoy most reading about. But I’m not opposed to other pairings either if they are well written.
      I just assumed it’s not so popular here, judging from the relatively small thread about them, compared to other ships.

Comment

Kate also took the top spot of getting squashed on the Atlantis floor
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm in S2. Going to watch Grace Under Pressure next. I'm following the combined timeline and watching SG1 and SGA intermingled with each other.

I like McShep, Carson/Zelenka, and McCarson.
          Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
            I'm in S2. Going to watch Grace Under Pressure next. I'm following the combined timeline and watching SG1 and SGA intermingled with each other.
            Ah, Grace under Pressure! I love that episode. It was the first SGA episode I've ever seen and the reason I've started watching in the first place. So it'll always have a special place in my heart. So have fun!

I like McShep, Carson/Zelenka, and McCarson.
            I like McCarson too (or is it McBeckett?). Especially after Sunday. They seemed a lot closer after that. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of fics set during that time.

Comment

Kate also took the top spot of getting squashed on the Atlantis floor

So sorry about the „almost“. I actually realized that after posting it, but it seems like I’m not allowed to edit my own posts…
              You're a newbie and your posts are still moderated. Mods want to be sure you are human before giving you full reign over your account.

I just assumed it’s not so popular here, judging from the relatively small thread about them, compared to other ships.
              That's just cause of the rules on slash-fic, I imagine. But there's nothing stopping you from breathing life into the thread again. I think a lot of the McShep folks also hang out in the character threads for the male characters.

Edit: Here you go, Cil. The McShep thread for you to revive if you so wish.
              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 21 August 2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Ah, Grace under Pressure! I love that episode. It was the first SGA episode I've ever seen and the reason I've started watching in the first place. So it'll always have a special place in my heart. So have fun!

I like McCarson too (or is it McBeckett?). Especially after Sunday. They seemed a lot closer after that. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a lot of fics set during that time.
                I look forward to it! I find that I'm enjoying Atlantis more than SG1...but part of that might just be cause I'm seeing it for the first time.

*nods* I haven't seen Sunday yet, but I've heard it's very good.
                Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

I look forward to it! I find that I'm enjoying Atlantis more than SG1...but part of that might just be cause I'm seeing it for the first time.

*nods* I haven't seen Sunday yet, but I've heard it's very good.
                  Its really those love or hate episodes. You either love it or hate. Why I won't say for spoilers.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I'll keep that in mind.....

Comment

And I'll keep your mind
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Its really those love or hate episodes. You either love it or hate. Why I won't say for spoilers.
                        It's generally definitely not one of my favorite episodes. But I really liked it for the Beckett and McKay friendship. I've looked at their relationship very differently after watching Sunday.

Comment

I've just realised I've been here a year (well, a few days ago!). We should have a BBQ to celebrate. Who is the newest of the noobs?
                          sigpic

Comment

We could eat you again
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Where would be the fun in that? Has noob Cil been on the BBQ?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirsten187 View Post
                                Has noob Cil been on the BBQ?
                                The coals weren't warm enough... so no.

Comment

Working...
                                X