X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

..::WELCOME ALL NEWBIES::..

Comment

HI YA ALL !!

I didn't even realise there was a newbie thread ! Oh well Hello to all that i havent already met on the boards lol I've been a big gate fan ever since the movie, my fav character is Jack so obviously i'm a MASSIVE RDA FAN !! but i've got a soft spot for most of the characters, um what else hmm............ Oh yeah i love reading fan fic and watching fan made MVs so if you've any recs of either send my way

Comment

New guy here. I'm a fan of Stargate, especially SG-1. I'm a draftsman by trade. I've contributed 3D models to a Stargate Game MOD, Stargate Rebellion. Right now I'm working on an Alkesh bomber.

Also, I just uploaded a fan fiction story, Eve of Destruction. Action/adventure story.

Sorry to admit I'm not much of a fan of Stargate Atlantis though.

Mike3121

Comment

Originally posted by Flygirl
          Never ever ever done this type of thing before so any advice on forum 'workings' greatly appreciated
          Hi, and welcome! Hope you'll have fun here!

Here are some possibly helpful links regarding the forum, which I post on this thread from time to time:

Handy Forum tutorial
          X-treme guide to Gateworld
          Gateworld FAQ
          How to get a good reputation
          Rep points, the universe and everything
          Things to think about when starting a thread
          Sig Rules clarification
          Members helping members

Bye, A.
          ~°~Dr. Rodney McKay ~°~ Dr. Carson Beckett ~°~ McKay/Sheppard ~°
          ~*~ David Hewlett fan ~*~

Comment

Hi

My name be Nicky, I'm a girl (at last check anyway!), 19 yrs old live in Belfast (Northern Ireland)
            First got in Stargate when I seen a random episode on tv (Jack & Sam were captured aboard a big ship....doesn't really narrow down which ep!!) Got hooked from there Into most things sci-fi/fantasy including Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Farscape, Firefly (& Serenity), Stargate, Stargate Atlantis, Lost, Star Trek:TNG....you get the idea!

Took me ages to work out how to post a reply....had to use 'Handy Forum Tutorials'... Didn't wanna admit it!!

I dunno of this is the right forum thingy to put this in but does anyone know when the second season of Stargate Atlantis will be shown in the UK on terrestrial tv? I know five didn't get
            the rights to it....HELP! I'm suffering withdrawal symtoms! lol

Comment

Welcome To All new Members - Remember To Have Fun!!

Comment

Hello All!
                I am a newbie here too. What to say about myself? I'm a relative newcomer to Stargate SG-1 although I did watch the film way back when it first came out (and I was but little). My entire family is Stargate mad, especially my mother who rabbits on for hours about "Snookums" or "Daniel" as the rest of us call him.
                Am still on the very early seasons at the moment, but rapidly working my way through the DVD box sets to get up to speed.
                In my other life (ie the real world) I'm an English and History student at university. I'm an obsessed Harry Potter fan too and am the only person I know that can fit Harry Potter, Stargate, pink shoes and chocolate into the same conversation.
                Of all the things I've lost...I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Hi All,
                  I'm new, and this is my very first post on the forums. I've been reading them for a short while, but it wasn't until today that I built up the courage to make an account and..actually post. I have to admit I'm still a little confused and overwhelmed by how this whole forum universe works (mostly by the multitide of posts, not knowing where to begin, and abject fear of posting something redundant and ticking people off), but I'll get the hang of it.

I became interested in Stargate when it first began airing, but at some point or another, I fell off the bandwagon. It's only been in the past few months, actually, that I've started watching again (it's been a bit of a compulsion, for me, to avoid work by watching Stargate). Right now, I don't have a favorite character, since I like each one for very different reasons. Episodes - well, I haven't technically seen them all, so I'm withholding judgment. Also, while I appreciate the "shippers" out there, I'm pretty content to see what the writers and actors come up with in terms of character/plot development.

Anyway, posters seem like a nice bunch of fun people. I look forward to the discussions here, and maybe I'll work up some more courage to post in a non-hi-my-name-is thread. And maybe, just maybe, I'll say something interesting instead of this lackluster introduction.

Cheers,
                  tres_gic

Comment

Welcome to the forums, dont worry about ticking people off, they wont mind as long as you stick to the conversation that is going on already, its when you start threads that are redundant that people go off in a hissy fit Once again, welcome, and have fun!
                    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Just a quick note to say Hi. Love the site, but never really looked at the forums before. Never realised there were so many like minded people out there! I am a 34 Uni Student from Perth Australia with four kids who are well trained into loving anything sci fi. I love it when friends come over when we are watching one of our Stargate DVD's and the 5 year will summarise everything they've missed up to that point. He knows the characters better than I do! I will try and take the time to post on some of the other threads, but with Uni, 4 kids, work and a husband to entertain this will be my late night treat to myself. (Will also have to fit in time to design a siggie).

Ronijane

Comment

Hey guys and gals and not to forget, off worlders. Even though I've been wandering the forums for the past years, I've never posted any messages. Well now I'm speaking out, so beware TPTB, the Wanderer is here. Trust me if there's something on my mind about stargate, be sure you people will here about it. As long as the shows survive, I'll be on this forum, so keep those episodes coming!!! Who knows, maybe one day you'll see one of my stories on the air, that is if I can get around to finishing one. Sigh, so many ideas, so little time to write them. And even if they don’t make it on the air, there's always fan fic!

Anyhoo, I've been a stargate fan ever since the beginning, but got really hooked when they introduced the Ancients storyline. Even had a website up for a couple of years (The Doorway to Heaven) until I changed my priorities and tried to make something of my life, still am trying to figure something out today.

Thank God for Stargate, that's all I can say!

Great job on the show guys and hats off to the Gateworld staffers for a great website! If you ever need a writer for any section, let me know and I'll be glad to help.

Yours truly - The Wanderer.
                        Evolution has no limits!

Comment

hi i'm new here (i've been here less then a year so does that still count)

to all the newbies please enjoy your self.
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

hey, ive been here for about 2 weeks, so hello to you all from the UK
                            Those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust.

sigpic

Comment

I've been a member for a couple of weeks, now. So a nice big welcome to all newbies.

Comment

Welcome New Members!

Here are some possibly helpful links regarding the forum, which Arlessiar posted earlier on this thread from time to time, but it's good to refresh

Handy Forum tutorial
                                X-treme guide to Gateworld
                                Gateworld FAQ
                                How to get a good reputation
                                Rep points, the universe and everything
                                Things to think about when starting a thread
                                Sig Rules clarification
                                Members helping members

Comment

Working...
                                X