X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
    awwwww, sorry FH. What sorta exam?
    Computer programming -- C# (read: Cee Sharp)

I shall now admit defeat. I may like the IT-world but I'm not so good at programming something complicated. Easy programming is okay, complicated programming not okay.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*jumps, then spills un-Brittad water all over Britta*

awwwww, sorry FH. What sorta exam?
      *Brittas un-Brittad water*

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Yay! *drinks Brittad water*

Where are you from, Britta?
        Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Yay! *drinks Brittad water*
          Do you have any idea how long it's been since she cleaned her elements?
          Last I heard, they were finding microbes from the Pleistocene era in her.

Comment

She must be Nola's child
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Do you have any idea how long it's been since she cleaned her elements?
              Last I heard, they were finding microbes from the Pleistocene era in her.
              I'm the Minor Goddess of Water Filters. I don't have elements that need to be cleaned.

Where are you from, Britta?
              The UK. Land of tea.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Hey, microbes can be GOOD. We would all be dead without microbes *wisenod*

Cool....I'm from Canada, land of bad winters. But I love tea!
                Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Computer programming -- C# (read: Cee Sharp)

I shall now admit defeat. I may like the IT-world but I'm not so good at programming something complicated. Easy programming is okay, complicated programming not okay.
                  yeah me too....I could program my TI-83 graphing calculator but for the life of me could not understand the Java programming language

Comment

pffftttt to that. I've been thinking of learning some programming--all I'm good at now is some very-basic-but-probably-20-years-out-of-date HTML. What should I start with?

*is a total humanities chick*

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                      I'm the Minor Goddess of Water Filters. I don't have elements that need to be cleaned.

The UK. Land of tea.
                      It's true. She has compounds to be cleanned
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

pffftttt to that. I've been thinking of learning some programming--all I'm good at now is some very-basic-but-probably-20-years-out-of-date HTML. What should I start with?
                        HTML is to build website. C# builds applications. Java builds applications for websites (if I'm not mistaken). XML-code is like HTML but one can make-up tags as one goes along. XAML is the code that I use to build graphical interfaces for applications.

So, it really depends what you'd like to do.

I'm familiar with HTML and a little CSS.
                        And with XML for work.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          HTML is to build website. C# builds applications. Java builds applications for websites (if I'm not mistaken). XML-code is like HTML but one can make-up tags as one goes along. XAML is the code that I use to build graphical interfaces for applications.

So, it really depends what you'd like to do.

I'm familiar with HTML and a little CSS.
                          And with XML for work.
                          Thanks! I'm thinking HTML/XML for sure....maybe C#. But I've also heard about things like Ruby on Rails and Python. I'd like to get used to working with some of the more common languages so that it will help with my work and help me to build a better online system for what I do--online searchable databases with passwords, programs for users to do what they have to do online and have it come to me, etc.

Comment

If it's databases you want, then it's SQL you have to learn. Which I have a basic knowledge of.

Comment

So, MG, what'd I do to you?

Kirsten, do you have any big honking needles to stick into him?
                              As in voodoo style?
                              sigpic

Comment

YES....or any other strange style you or your alter ego can dream up!

Cool, FH....I'll look into local DB courses. *sighs* Sometimes I hate being in a remote area--continuing education sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X