This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    ...incubating and will one day take a host.
    ...slithering well on the way to taking a host.
    ...a beacon of hope for all larval Goa'uld.

If there are any in between or beyond the last two, I haven't seen 'em yet.

The Rep system is really more about points than ranks, though.
    Add to that:

...only known in the primordial waters on P3X-888.

It seems to be on a level lower than "incubating". Just happened across that one on somebody who probably gave the mods a headache.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Gahhh!!
      I now have three rep. marks...all grey and without comments.
      why don't people comment on it?
      How are we supposed to know whether they liked the post, or despised it?
      Hmmm I wonder if they can change the feature to make sure you can only make rep points if you write a comment?

Comment

Ah yes but then people could just fill in that wee box with a few random letters couldn't they? Such a shame cos I've got 3 grey ones as well and I want to know what they were for!
        "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

I actually posted this in the features request thread and mentioned this exact problem.
          but my thoughts on that is that if they're going to go to the trouble to do that, most people would actually make a legit comment.

Comment

I received a red point a while back for a post on Sam/Jack direction. No comment at all. How am I supposed to know what they didn't like if they don't tell me?

I got a gray point for my post about the Monk premiere. The comment was "what a twit" so I think it's safe to assume that it was meant to be a negative point, but it still doesn't tell me what I did wrong.

Comment

I got a grey point for a post in the "Amanda Begging" Thread. All I'd done was name Agent Barrett...and someone typed the comment "Ugh" !
              Now,I don't need the approval of whoever typed that,but I did feel a bit nosy as to whether they didn't like the Thread/didn't like Barrett/didn't like AT/didn't like me /didn't like the Agent's name/ etc......Ho-Hum !

The only points that matter are the Green/Red ones anyway,so I give up !
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Although i haven't gotten a 'negative' reputation point yet, i have many gray ones, and some with no comments at all, so fhb, i also know how you feel when you get a response like 'ugh', i mean, what so 'ugh' about it? Haha...
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Yeah, this feature is kind of... I would not say frivolous... but has potential not seen yet. People either do not know about it or use it wisely and democratically, and it's kind of like the "rate this thread" thing I've seen on forums -- obviously, most threads didn't get rated.

I mean, I could make a case for some of my posts, as I'm sure you could, like my Replicators vs. Borg argument... was that NOT well thought out or what? *laughs* I had to keep reiterating points because it was like they were not being read or something. :$ Which I found odd. But anyhoo, just bringing that up because if Reputation has a place here, then I guess it's mainly by feel of a Gater knowing another Gater as a human being and not necessarily because the scales are clicked on, because I do know how many people here are actually "Scales aware" or use them.

It continues...
                  Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                  more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

yep i have 3 greay ones and 1 red one with NO COMMENT....it think there has to be a rule that a person has to write something...otherwise it wont count...like say a person giving karma has to write at least 10 words...and make it a secret...so that they dont rendomly type in 10 letters...or just make some kind of bot that would delete blank or <5 letter comented caramas how's that?

Comment

What do you think of Newbie's post?
                      . I approve
                      X I disapprove
                      Your comments on this post?
                      U sux.

There. How's that?

*runs away, laughing maniacally*

Comment

There. I think my sig is finally fixed and grammatically correct. *sigh* People should tell me when I glitch up like that. I hardly look at my own sig...

Anyway, since someone asked, and to go in the opposite direction from no comment at all, you're allowed to say quite a bit when leaving reputation/karma/feedback. There IS a limit and I'm not sure how many characters it is, but I ran up against it once when I was trying to type up a novel's worth of comment. It won't let you type anymore. Guess that's good, too. If no feedback is annoying, too much can be just as irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          What do you think of Newbie's post?
                          . I approve
                          X I disapprove
                          Your comments on this post?
                          U sux.

There. How's that?

*runs away, laughing maniacally*
                          um...well that might be removed if there would be like a baned word list!
                          btw...some1 actually gave me a GRAY thingy in here....whatever

Comment

I think the nickname should been shown from who gave you +/- rep.

It doesn't mean anything unless you know they will know that you gave them rep.

I have like 9 balance points(grey) and one red. No comment on either, kinda hard to know what they didn't like, or felt offended by.

Comment

I know how you feel, i have like 1 billion gray ones, and less than half of them have comments, and some of them aren't even true...
                              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I got a grey reputation point for my post on the Rising Part 2 thread which I don't understand. Of course there was no comment and the post that I got the point for just basically said that I really liked the show. Who would give me a repuations mark, either good or bad, just for saying that I liked a show? That seems sort of pointless (pun intended).

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
                                X