This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c
    Ah, but, being a board Admin myself, that's where the big button labeled BAN comes in, and boy is it fun to press!
    Yeah, but the people here are too nice. If I were in charge, everyone would obey the rules OR ELSE!!! Muahahaha...

Comment

I think most people follow the rules, and probably miss the little things, like the size of pictures and such
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

It is because people fear the system lords!! All hail The Supreme System Lord Darren!!!
        Teal'C: Bla Bla Bla... Said the whole transcript of the
        where all of the Stargates were.

O'Neill: Did you say something??

Comment

Originally posted by David
          If you see a post that you believe violates the forum rules, click on the red and white warning icon in the top-right corner of that post. Include a personal message to the moderators explaining why you are reporting the post, and click "Send Report." The mods will examine the post and decide if action needs to be taken.
          David, I don't know if I'm special or what , but I don't have a red and white warning icon on my posts.
          What's up with that?
          Slainte
          "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

David, I don't know if I'm special or what , but I don't have a red and white warning icon on my posts.
            What's up with that?
            I think that's because they assume you won't want to report one of your *own* posts as a violation!

When I'm looking at my posts they don't show up with a red and white triangle icon either, but I can see one on everyone else's posts (including yours).
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
              I think that's because they assume you won't want to report one of your *own* posts as a violation!

When I'm looking at my posts they don't show up with a red and white triangle icon either, but I can see one on everyone else's posts (including yours).
              Thanks for letting me know. I feel remarkabley foolish for no figuring that out myself. Still, it never hurts to ask if there's a question.
              Slainte
              "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
                Thanks for letting me know. I feel remarkabley foolish for no figuring that out myself. Still, it never hurts to ask if there's a question.
                Well I think they're being remarkably short-sighted in not allowing for posters with multiple personalities.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally Posted by Kes

That icon shows up on some but not all of my posts. What's up with that?

I thought that it was put there to let me know that I've been a bad girl, or something.

BTW, if anyone feels I've harassed, mocked or insulted them, I apologize. It was never my intent.
                  Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                  "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                  One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                  resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                  confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                  A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                  The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                    Originally Posted by Kes

That icon shows up on some but not all of my posts. What's up with that?

I thought that it was put there to let me know that I've been a bad girl, or something.

BTW, if anyone feels I've harassed, mocked or insulted them, I apologize. It was never my intent.
                    That's odd that the icon would show up on some of your posts. Don't know the answer to that one, perhaps due to the quotes from other posters in your posts? Hope someone more knowledgable responds.
                    Slainte

Comment

That's odd that the icon would show up on some of your posts. Don't know the answer to that one, perhaps due to the quotes from other posters in your posts? Hope someone more knowledgable responds.
                      I don't know what you see, but on my post to you I don't have a red icon. Do you see one on my earlier post, the one you responded to?
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                        I don't know what you see, but on my post to you I don't have a red icon. Do you see one on my earlier post, the one you responded to?
                        I see the triangle with the exclamation point on both of your posts. I thought we wouldn't see the report violation icons on our own posts, but on everyone else's. You said the icon showed up on some, but not all of your posts. I'm just surprised it would show up on your own posts.
                        Slainte

Comment

if say i want to report what some one said to me in the reccieved repuation list how do i do that? what if they dont put their name? please help
                          Last edited by Ragnarok13; 20 February 2005, 06:17 PM. Reason: forgot somtin
                          anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

If someone leaves a Rep comment that contains profanities then you can PM a mod and we'll take a look and see if anything needs doing.

Madeleine

Comment

If you just don't like that someone has negged you and you think you don't "deserve" it, there's not much that can be done about that. Profanities or personal threats can be reported, yes, but if someone just calls you an idiot... *shrug* We ALL get those. You learn to deal with it.

Comment

thanks for the answer, they didnt realy swear or threaten me, but they did call me a couple names (loser, dork, sad, pathetic) but as shadowmaat said, we all get those and we learn to deal with it, thanks shadowmaat and madalinew (sorry if misspelled)
                                anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Working...
                                X