Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off ANY bashing of any character is not allowed. So I don't think we need to make any specific statements regarding Kanaan. However, any member is welcome to state in the Teyla thread that they don't like pairing of Kanaan with her and state their reasons. If that reason is because Kanaan exists. Well that is their opinion and as long as it is stated respectfully and not *bashing* then it has a place here.

The threads are as described above.

If you prefer John single or not with a specific character then the John thread would be the place to post that.
    the same applies to the Teyla or Elizabeth threads.

There will not be any Anti-Ship threads any longer for any SGA character. So the new thread focused on Non-ship/shipping of the one character will be the place to state your thought and/or opinions regarding that topic.

If you read back you will see I have addressed the issue re: bashing any character or ship for the *sake of bashing*.

The CVS is the standard in this. If you can not have a decent, civil, respectful debate and/or discussion regarding your thoughts and/or opinions then you are welcome to post your thoughts and move on. None of these new threads are the place for any member to *beat a dead horse* and just post over and over how awful one pairing is.

The CVS tasks members to find what they enjoy and celebrate it. but it also allows for folks with negative opinions to have a place to post that and if able to engage in thoughtful, civil, respectful and decent debate/discussion if they choose to. However, once that debate has been exhausted and you (general you) find you are just posting the same diatribe over and over and over. Then it is time for you to move on. You have made your thoughts/opinions as well as your point known.

Once again I will stress we expect the members to hold themselves accountable for their own posts. We expect the members to hold themselves responsible for keeping themselves on topic. We have always had an on topic rule and it is up to all members to follow the rules they agreed to when signing up for this Forum. So there should be no issue with these threads.

Lastly....We asked folks to suggest titles and we are extremely grateful that folks have made as many as they have
    Of course some will not be an exact fit but eventually the titles will be whittled down to a select 4 or so that will be placed up for a vote. We will be choosing the ones that do give a good idea of thread topic as the final ones held up for voting.
    So while I can appreciate that some folks may not be as excited about one title or another...I would ask then that you ...yes YOU suggest something as well that YOU feel does encompass the thread topic as a whole.
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I will repeat what I said in the first post

Please bear in mind we are not here to debate or discuss the merits of the CVS, it is in place and is here to stay so we will not respond to any lengthy debate on that issue. It will however be our pleasure to read your opinions and thoughts regarding your threads and how we can best serve the CVS as well continue to enhance your enjoyment of GateWorld Forum while meeting the needs of each aspect of fandom.
      Please get your name suggestions in by today so we can then begin to pare down the lists to those that will be being voted on beginning tomorrow
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

One last thought: Elizabeth Weir: An Independent Woman
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I don't visit any of these threads... but the lists of possible names is a riot! You people are very witty!

Comment

How about:

Teyla Emmagan - Strong, Proud and Independent

Elizabeth Weir - Her Heart Belongs to Atlantis

Comment

Ok the time has come to start to whittle these down to some manageable voting levels

So for All day Friday the list of Elizabeth Weir titles will be up for you to vote for your favorites. It will allow folks to vote more then once so they can choose more then one title and we can end up with good group of hopefully 4-5 for the the thread to vote on.

The same will be for John Sheppard as well as Teyla.

I have created three threads for the voting here in this folder and the votes will be verified for posting in at least one of the Anti Ship threads for John, Teyla or Weir prior to this discussion ever taking place. If you are found to not have posted in any of those threads, your vote will not be considered.

So Please go to one of these threadsElizabeth Weir John Sheppard Teyla Emmaganto choose your favorites. Please do not post in those threads as they will only be for voting purposes and all posts will be deleted, NO EXCEPTIONS (well except for my posts since I have to announce winners in there )

Comment

An additional title has been added for Elizabeth that I somehow missed

Elizabeth Weir - Leader not a Lover so you can add that to your vote if you would like

Comment

Ok Real Life has let up *sheesh* and we can finally get back to this and get it done

So for All day today & Friday the list of Elizabeth Weir, John Sheppard & Teyla Emmagan FINAL titles titles will be up for you to vote for your FINAL CHOICE.

I have created three threads for the voting here in this folder and the votes will be verified for posting in at least one of the Anti Ship threads for John, Teyla or Weir prior to this discussion ever taking place. If you are found to not have posted in any of those threads, your vote will not be considered.

So Please go to one of these threadsElizabeth Weir John Sheppard Teyla Emmaganto choose your FINAL CHOICE .

Please do not post in those threads as they will only be for voting purposes and all posts will be deleted, NO EXCEPTIONS (well except for my posts since I have to announce winners in there )

Comment

Working...
                  X