This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    I've noticed the forum slowing down when I try to post and sometimes it comes up with this screen:

[IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee230/pharaoh_hamenthotep/error.jpg[/IG]

I was using quick reply at the time..
    i sometimes miss xp
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      i sometimes miss xp
      I dont. Honestly i have had no problem with Vista. grant it i bought my computer new just a few months ago so maybe i got the better version
      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

I'm still using xp, but I don't want to buy another desktop with vista preloaded. I may buy all the pieces-parts and have my son put it together. IMO, the clintonio and dragon links may be the cause of the drag on the forum...maybe not compatable with vb

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
          I dont. Honestly i have had no problem with Vista. grant it i bought my computer new just a few months ago so maybe i got the better version
          Well, I actually think Vista is better than XP. Except for the "search" functionality. And on my laptop Vista loads faster than XP. Strange, isn't it?

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
          I'm still using xp, but I don't want to buy another desktop with vista preloaded. I may buy all the pieces-parts and have my son put it together. IMO, the clintonio and dragon links may be the cause of the drag on the forum...maybe not compatable with vb
          Well, I blocked the dragon-thing and that helps for me. I did not block the clintonio-thing as then I'd not be able to see a lot of sigs anymore.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
            Well, I actually think Vista is better than XP. Except for the "search" functionality. And on my laptop Vista loads faster than XP. Strange, isn't it?

Kind of. Microsoft has a nack for messing things up then fixing them somewhere down the road. Like The Xbox 360 and its tendensy to you know.....catch fire if you have the gaul to actully play a game on it or Vista and its promblems
            Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
              Kind of. Microsoft has a nack for messing things up then fixing them somewhere down the road. Like The Xbox 360 and its tendensy to you know.....catch fire if you have the gaul to actully play a game on it or Vista and its promblems
              I do have SP1 for Vista, it improved my experience a lot and since SP1 I haven't had any real problems. Especially loading times on Vista are a lot better than on XP. FireFox takes forever to load on XP, not on Vista. Same goes for MS Word and a lot of other programs. And to get back on topic, I'm not obliged to use IE7 anymore like I had to do reguraly on XP. Now I never need to use IE7. It has been months I used it, except for occasionally proving to other people that FF is just faster than IE.
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                i sometimes miss xp
                Try windows 7 beta or... ubuntu....

Comment

i have vista at home and have no real issues with it. it took me a few days to 'dumb' it down to my preferences....i dont need flying menu's and fancy boxes etc. just give me plain and simple and reliable

I'm thinking that clintionio is our culpret. people are probably putting more sigs there than their bandwidth can handle and it's bogging things down.

if it is in fact clintonio, there's not much we can do about it from our end short of blocking the whole thing and i don't think that'll happen

what you might look into, if you have firefox, find some of the sigs that are on clintionio htat you dont' care about seeing and adblock them (if it will adblock image by image instead of the whole site, not sure about that
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    Try windows 7 beta or... ubuntu....
                    i've tried windows 7 and i do plan on buying it

i am getting my new pc tomorrow so maybe the whole issue could be my pc. as this doesn't seem to be forum wide this time around.

long story short my pc had a melt down 2 weeks ago and haven't been the same since;

Comment

Just logged on and went to the last page of the RDA/Jack thunk thread, and the pop-up message at the bottom-right of the screen said 'your computer was prevented from accessing tinyurl'. The message popped up right after the page loaded.

Comment

i MIGHT have fixed it. One person on that page had some gif's with a 'tinyurl' link in them. I snipped the gif's so let's see how this works out.

If other pages load slow, let us know

what we need to know are the specific pages of the specific threads, so we can search those people's profiles and see what problems we might have

sigpic

Comment

thats the only message i get

no other websites

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            i have vista at home and have no real issues with it. it took me a few days to 'dumb' it down to my preferences....i dont need flying menu's and fancy boxes etc. just give me plain and simple and reliable

I'm thinking that clintionio is our culpret. people are probably putting more sigs there than their bandwidth can handle and it's bogging things down.

if it is in fact clintonio, there's not much we can do about it from our end short of blocking the whole thing and i don't think that'll happen

what you might look into, if you have firefox, find some of the sigs that are on clintionio htat you dont' care about seeing and adblock them (if it will adblock image by image instead of the whole site, not sure about that
                            You definitely can block per image with adblock. I've done that to a few and it's worked out great.
                            Last edited by kali1; 11 March 2009, 08:04 PM.

Comment

folks may need to do that. Look for people that use clintonio and block those sigs or that site

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                folks may need to do that. Look for people that use clintonio and block those sigs or that site
                                But that seems like a bad solution. What all the posters and guests who don't like or don't use FireFox. I just have problems when sites tell me I have to use a specific browser to view a site
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X