This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
    Personally, I am disappointed that the ranking system was changed. The Goa'uld rankings sounded cooler than these.Is there an option to have what kind of ranking you want or can they be disabled?Vala,
    I don't remember the thread but I recall Darren saying Vbullention only allows one ranking system.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

VR Green for Jelgate.
      Darren's post about this is in the Ask the Mods thread :

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=7427
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

You don't hear me complaining about these new rankings. It doesn't matter much really but why aren't personal titles being allowed on these forums?
        Lord Zedd

Comment

They aren't allowed simply because Darren hasn't enabled them for all users.
          Staff members,Mods,some SG PTB and other contributors to the site have custom titles,but the only way I've seen for ordinary members to win one has been for special milestones like hitting the 2,3 ,4 millionth posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Zedd View Post
            You don't hear me complaining about these new rankings. It doesn't matter much really but why aren't personal titles being allowed on these forums?
            Incase people abuse it, it'd give the Mods more work to do.
            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Good point !
              Most of us would probably choose something inoffensive ,but there'd be some who would insist on something a bit more colourful as their title.

(I could be wrong ,but I think only Admins would be able to change the custom titles in cases of abuse/bad taste ,so that'd give Darren,Greg and Sky even more to oversee.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                Incase people abuse it, it'd give the Mods more work to do.
                Yeah you got a good point there. You can't check all the custom titles of all the members here. Administrators and moderators in Vbulletin can always withdraw the priviledge for a custom title when someone abuses their title.

Maybe custom titles could be possible if you have enough posts! Same thing like with a personal avatar. You have to get certain number of posts before you can upload your personal avatar.
                Lord Zedd

Comment

You mean like MSN where you can have your own message?

I can see good things and bad things happening with that. But with anything some people will abuse it, but then Mods are here for that
                  sigpic
                  JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
                  Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                  Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

We should get custom titles .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                      We should get custom titles .
                      Actually, I agree on the post count. When you get to a certain level you should be able to have your own. But certainly not from the word go. Ruins the fun then.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                        In the US it is *attached*. If they loan me out to another unit without actually doing all the technical transferring then they *attach* me to that unit for a temporary duration.

I don't know if it was corrected, or not, but the list of ranks left out First Sgt
                        In the US Army it is the same pay grade as the Army MSG, but technically outranks him. Usually, he is the company level senior NCO compared to the Battalion level senior NCO who is usually SGM
                        In the USAF, a 1SGT can be Tech through *I have seen* Senior MSG. It is more of a title and job position than a rank.
                        I like the new ranking system myself since I'm retired USAF.

And as far as "First Sergeant" (also known as "First Shirt" or just "Shirt") goes, it's actually a title, not a rank in the USAF and is distinguished by a diamond on the rank insignia.
                        The individual holding that title can be anywhere from a Master Sergeant to Chief Master Sergeant.

A "First Sergeant" is the non-commissioned officer liaison between the enlisted ranks and the commanding officer in a squadron. It's a voluntary position and you have to go to a special school before you can earn your diamond.

P.S. If you noticed in some of the episodes, one of the gate techs had a diamond insignia, I just don't remember what ep or character.

Comment

did anyone else notice the new ranking system that each member is given based on the number of posts they have made?

it used to have goauld references and now its earth military ranks.

its a nice change i guess.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I think quite a few of us noticed,though some didn't like the changes.

There's a load of posts here,plus the rank post counts ,etc.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=62308&page=10

Comment

thanks for the info
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Y'welcome ,Captain !

Comment

Working...
                                X