Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<--- member since 2007 *wave* how many posts do i need to be part the crew?

i refrain from posting because of the mod approval lag these days. makes it hard to be 'in' the middle of a conversation, I really feel the need to voice my opinion on SGU at the moment.
    Jack O'Neill - "Hammond is insisting SG-1 needs a sociopolitical nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness."

Comment

Originally posted by Rocksy View Post
      <--- member since 2007 *wave* how many posts do i need to be part the crew?

i refrain from posting because of the mod approval lag these days. makes it hard to be 'in' the middle of a conversation, I really feel the need to voice my opinion on SGU at the moment.
      There is no set number. Its based on post count and join date
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

You could try posting in the Fun & Games folder until you're off Probie & have been approved.

Comment

Originally posted by syfygyrl View Post
          You could try posting in the Fun & Games folder until you're off Probie & have been approved.
          That would be disastrous as post approval isn't fast enough to pick up the tempo with which those threads move on. The posts would get lost between older previous ones and thus not fit in any longer.
          A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
            That would be disastrous as post approval isn't fast enough to pick up the tempo with which those threads move on. The posts would get lost between older previous ones and thus not fit in any longer.
            Oh, that's true. If Rocksy tried word games the sentences wouldn't make any sense. And if it was the vote threads than the votes would be all messed up. (*sheepish grin*) I didn't think of that. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by syfygyrl View Post
              Oh, that's true. If Rocksy tried word games the sentences wouldn't make any sense. And if it was the vote threads than the votes would be all messed up. (*sheepish grin*) I didn't think of that. Thanks.
              There is always word association. It won't matter too much if it is a bit off in timing.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
                There is always word association. It won't matter too much if it is a bit off in timing.
                Saved!

Comment

I'm with you there. I'm stuck on Probie status although I have only been a member for a few days. Just joined to ask BamBam questions. However a quick check of Twitter and my posts can verify my non-spammer status. I'd love to add a Stargate avatar and create a signature....maybe it'll happen before the year is over. I'm adding posts here and there to try and get promoted.

cheers, webgurl
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by imwebgurl View Post
                    I'm with you there. I'm stuck on Probie status although I have only been a member for a few days. Just joined to ask BamBam questions. However a quick check of Twitter and my posts can verify my non-spammer status. I'd love to add a Stargate avatar and create a signature....maybe it'll happen before the year is over. I'm adding posts here and there to try and get promoted.

cheers, webgurl
                    Hang in there it will happen. Maybe go to the episode threads and post what you personally thought of each episode. that doesn't need continuity, just your opinion
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

Don't forget the thunk threads. *drools*
                      sigpic

Comment

Guys,don't forget the real Spammers,Trolls and other net nuisances pick up extra tips on how to circumvent Probie Status by reading posts in here.
                        They lurk,then register daily...most get caught .Others take longer to show themselves.

Word and vote games are fun ,but not good recommendations to newbies .
                        In fact we prefer Probies to desist from posting to those sections till they go onto regular status ,because we can't guarantee clearing their posts in time to prevent disrupting the threads and vote counts, and games tell us nothing at all about a new member's opinions or potential behaviour.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

And we have had spammers hit the games threads, filling htem full of junk, in an effort to find out the 'graduation level' so their real messages can get through.

I've even had them try to get their junk links through the net by putting them at hte end of posts to see if they get through
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh. (*sheepish grin*) Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                              Hang in there it will happen. Maybe go to the episode threads and post what you personally thought of each episode. that doesn't need continuity, just your opinion
                              Thanks for the tip. I have posted in the episode threads...lots of scary people in there...mostly why I've stayed away 'til now

Cheers, webgurl
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                                Guys,don't forget the real Spammers,Trolls and other net nuisances pick up extra tips on how to circumvent Probie Status by reading posts in here.
                                They lurk,then register daily...most get caught .Others take longer to show themselves.

Word and vote games are fun ,but not good recommendations to newbies .
                                In fact we prefer Probies to desist from posting to those sections till they go onto regular status ,because we can't guarantee clearing their posts in time to prevent disrupting the threads and vote counts, and games tell us nothing at all about a new member's opinions or potential behaviour.
                                Does that mean that the probie status isn't a set thing and it's not just about detecting spammers, you want to know if someone is a troublemaker? If it helps move things along, feel free to check out my Twitter profile. Otherwise I'll patiently wait...Thanks for all the advise everyone. I'll keep posting and stay away from the games for now.

Cheers, imwebgurl
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X