This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
    I can't rep people but I have 135 rep points. I also can not reply to the notes I've gotten from people that have "greened" me, for the record.

That being said I've had 36 on topic posts (+10 not counted) and 135 rep points, but I'm still a lowly probie. Maybe by the end of today...
    Of course you can't reply. With the exception of mods, probies can't VM or PM.

Your join date is still pretty new. Thats probably what is holding you back from getting off probie status.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Your join date is still pretty new. Thats probably what is holding you back from getting off probie status.
      You're probably right. (Unless its been changed to 40, 45, even 50 posts...) Silly as it seems, I just want a siggy and an avatar! LOL Soon enough. Patience. Patience....

PS If they just googled me they'd see I'm not a spammer!

Comment

I know probie status is annoying but before I joined I visted so I had no posting priviliges at all. What I'm saying is you can still voice your veiws but just not as fast, so just bear with it and you won't regret it, trust me.

Comment

We'll get there eventually. In the meantime i'll stick with waiting for the mods to approve my posts. I'm sure its as much (probably more) a hassle for them to review and approve all those posts as it is for us to wait for them to get approved

Good move to stop the spammers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
            You're probably right. (Unless its been changed to 40, 45, even 50 posts...) Silly as it seems, I just want a siggy and an avatar! LOL Soon enough. Patience. Patience....

PS If they just googled me they'd see I'm not a spammer!
            It takes a combination of time, posts and moderator judgement to get you off of probie status.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
              I know probie status is annoying but before I joined I visted so I had no posting priviliges at all. What I'm saying is you can still voice your veiws but just not as fast, so just bear with it and you won't regret it, trust me.
              Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
              It takes a combination of time, posts and moderator judgement to get you off of probie status.
              I know, I know. I RTFM! LOL Patience isn't my strong suit, unfortunately. ...but I'll deal.

Comment

i think it is a probie limit. however, see those little 6 pointed stars below folks' names? that's the reputation button. If someone posts something you like, you can click on that and 'give them green' (aka rep points)

As you receive rep points that green jello block under your name will turn into 2 then 3 then 4 etc.

you can also leave short messages in the rep box, just remember that anything you say in there needs to be in line with the rules. Meaning, basically, be nice
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i think it is a probie limit. however, see those little 6 pointed stars below folks' names? that's the reputation button. If someone posts something you like, you can click on that and 'give them green' (aka rep points)

As you receive rep points that green jello block under your name will turn into 2 then 3 then 4 etc.
                  Just incase you weren't aware, a a probie I could only see my own star thingy, so I wasn't able to give other people rep points. People were very generous with me though and I've been trying to give back as much as I can.

PS Thanks Jack

Comment

Okay, I get wanting to stop spam. It is totally cool. However, if you guys are going to require that mods approve peoples post's then could you either a) be on at least half of the day, or b) don't put my post where I originally posted it if there is already a page of posts after it. Seriously, how can I contribute to a discussion when the discussion has passed me by when no one sees it. The people who I was discussing with don't know to look back for my post and have already moved on. It has made it hard to actually contribute to the forums. I have things that I want to say and I get to say them but no one reads them because they don't know to look for them. It is really super lame. I get that spam is bad but I have experiences of my posts showing up 4-5 hours after I have posted them sometimes 12. 12 hours can mean the difference between contributing and not contributing. Please, can someone either try to be on to approve my posts?
                    Dr. Andrew Clarke

Aftermath GW RP

Comment

speaking of probie status's i few forum im on have also started the same system. it's sad how bad spam is getting on the internet.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

We try to be on as much as we can. I won't apologize for having a real life however.

sigpic

Comment

I am not asking you to apologize for having a life. I have one too. The point is when it takes 12 hours for a post to be approved the post gets lost. I offered a solution beyond getting on more often. Which was to have the post appear at the end of the thread. However, I am not sure if the programming would let you do that. But still it would be nice to get posts approved faster.
                          Dr. Andrew Clarke

Aftermath GW RP

Comment

i do understand the issue. and i wish there was a fix for it, but i'm afrad that there isn't. Each post is date stamped and it falls into place according to the time it was originally made.

we've even had this isssue merging threads...we can have two threads started on the same topic, and when we merge them, the original post will be the one that was empirically made first - date and time - not maybe the one whose title we choose to be the title.

Long story short, the software doesn't allow us to bump posts up.

sigpic

Comment

I think you'll find that the vast majority of posts are approved within minutes,not hours,but we can only do so much.

Unfortunately the vBB software can't be tweaked to change the timestamps on your posts...but there's something you can do that may prove v useful.

If nobody has replied to one of your posts,requote it and state "bringing this forward".

Sometimes people choose not to reply ,skip a page,or miss posts because they're focussing on continuing a different conversation ,so it might not be just a case of clearing your post,but of making sure the points you're trying to make don't get ignored a second time.

( I'm speaking from experience,and from other people's reported experiences,btw,not trying to make excuses.Some threads move along like lightning on a huge forum ! )
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I've got two messages or something but I can't find a way to reply to them. Maybe I'm just failing at finding the replay button or something but could someone help me please?

Comment

Working...
                                X