Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

making a dedicated 'not stargate based' game folder is up to darren. And he'd probably have to see how many games there really are and what the numbers line up to be.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
      There has been this trend of these game threads that are starting to take over alot of sections of the forum (look at the Trek section) and burying the good threads that have substance.
      *whistles* i just realised that's aimed at me, I started some ST word games on the same day this was posted, sorry.

but i dont think they're burying the good threads as there are only 2 pages of star trek threads. if there were more Star Trek threads i would understand and would suggest a star trek games folder or a general non-stargate fun and games section.

Also, i bookmark the threads i want to repeatedly view so i dont have to find them again. because in the stargate section/fun and games which is more travelled it can be hard to find a thread, but 2 pages of threads is not a lot with which the good threads can be buried.
      Last edited by stargatefan234; 23 August 2008, 08:47 AM.
      People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
        *whistles* i just realised that's aimed at me, I started some ST word games on the same day this was posted, sorry.
        I wasn't aiming anything at you personally stargatefan, it was just my growing fustration with these game threads taking over sections of this forum. And yes, I maintain it is cluttering up the sections (especially Star Trek), all the regular topic discussion threads (with the exception of Deep Space 9 Superior thread) are buried. Having people come in for 3 seconds to post one or two word responses to these threads is disheartening.

I still maintain these belong in the games section, or how about they make another games section for non Stargate games.

Comment

As a person who plays some of the games (although not Star Trek), I would like to voice STRONGLY against a dedicated games folder. I don't know how many games each show has but it could add up and I'd be alot more annoyed it if I had to go thru pages of fandoms I don't care about to look and see if any new games have been created for the couple fandoms I like. I much prefer to keep everything involving each fandom in it's own area.
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
            As a person who plays some of the games (although not Star Trek), I would like to voice STRONGLY against a dedicated games folder. I don't know how many games each show has but it could add up and I'd be alot more annoyed it if I had to go thru pages of fandoms I don't care about to look and see if any new games have been created for the couple fandoms I like. I much prefer to keep everything involving each fandom in it's own area.
            Agreed.

I don't think there are enough non-Stargate games out there in the various other forums anyway to warrant the creation of a new folder to put them all in.

There would really need to be an outcry by a larger number of members like there was back when Stargate ones were cluttering up the Stargate folders which helped to spur on the creation of a separate folder for them. And even then I don't think Darren would do it.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

One word folks - Subscribe!

It works really, really well.
              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                But when we start see these Star Trek ABC games, Star Trek Word Association, Star Trek Last Letter Game...
                *whistles some more*
                Last edited by stargatefan234; 29 August 2008, 07:42 AM.
                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                  One word folks - Subscribe!

It works really, really well.
                  Yeah, it kinda gets to the point where you realize you really aren't going to miss much in the way of new and interesting threads by sticking to your subscribed stuff. Sure, cruise through once in a while to make sure you aren't missing something important, but chances are if something is that good (and relevant to your interests) you'll either hear about it on one of your other threads or one of your friends will PM you the info.

Comment

the guidlelines for the fun and games section clearly states

1) MUST be StarGate Related

so unless we et a Non-Stargate game folder i feel that Non-stargate (ie DW, Star Trek) games should be in thier respective folders, while all other games should be in off topic.

Comment

loll before the "fun & games section was made all of "stargate general discussion" was mostly all game threads

it was hard to do anything in that section

personally i like it the way it is currently
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

game threads are stupid.
                        i was happy in the LOST folder, until some boneheads made those stupid games in there, thus duncing the entire section of the forum.

off with their heads!

Comment

Working...
                        X