This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ebethman View Post
    Do any of the mods remember what their first post on Gateworld was about?
    Yep. Sort of... I signed up to Starguide after reading a thread about creating "Oscars" for Stargate. Denise and Darren were discussing the possible categories and I think my first post was in that thread.

Or it was something about RDA's hands in MacGyver.

Comment

What would the mods do if Darren sudden became evil (or an evil that was always there birst forth) and started to use the forum for his on evil bidding.
      Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by ebethman
      Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
      Originally posted by Bray
      *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

What would the mods do if Darren sudden became evil (or an evil that was always there birst forth) and started to use the forum for his on evil bidding.
        What makes you think that Darren hasn't been using the forum for his own evil purposes all along...?

Comment

Originally posted by Feli View Post
          What makes you think that Darren hasn't been using the forum for his own evil purposes all along...?
          Well. . . morre so i guess.

Will the mods have sort of uprissing using the sacred thread of datara
          Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by ebethman
          Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
          Originally posted by Bray
          *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Same question but what if Sky use the forum for her evil bidding
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

according to some evil bidding is all we do
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                according to some evil bidding is all we do
                I think the more appropriate question would now be: *whose* evil bidding are you doing?
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

to any mod in general:

what are the most annoying things we do that aren't technically against the rules?
                  Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                  sigpic

Comment

going off topic for lengths of time

too big of sigs

quoting off topic posts, which gives us more to delete/clean up

long going personal bicker matches/grudges
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                      to any mod in general:

what are the most annoying things we do that aren't technically against the rules?
                      word posts in a manner that rides the edge of the envelope in order to be mean or petty to another poster.

complain about others then turn around and do the very things that were complained about

follow another member from thread to thread just to post opposite opinions because that member made someone mad

hold long standing grudges against other members and spend a lot of time trying to find anything they did wrong just so they can be reported

making it a point to use words, language or terms not generally spoken by the general masses..ie textspeak, gamers code

act like every comment made about a beloved character is a personal insult

I can go on.............. *sigh*
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
                        were you happy to move out and live out on your own when the time came????

( i only ask cause i might be soon
                        YES!!! but I had a full time job, a car and was ready to So it wasn't a hardship just pure pleasure

Comment

complain about others then turn around and do the very things that were complained about

this is a biggie, cause i'm seenig a lot of this going on right now.

Go into thread A and person Y is a total witch adn making personal comments, then person Y goes into thread B, reads personal comments or comments they take personally - which sometimes are EXACTLY like the ones they just made, and they report them and complain.

and if i find and mod both, well then i'm picking on poor person Y
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

When was the height of your Stargate fandom? (Or is it right now?)
                            sigpic
                            Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

how does Bionic woman get its own section but Star Wars and LOTR(Lord of The Rings) are stuck in General Sci-Fi and Fantasy? Star Wars and LOTR have much larger fan bases and much more expansive universes then a crappy 1/2 a season long remake of a spin-off, and they deserve their own sections. is their any way you could make sections for them?
                              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                                When was the height of your Stargate fandom? (Or is it right now?)
                                When I was in Vancouver and got to meet a number of fans as well as see the sets and meet some of the stars :0
                                Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                                how does Bionic woman get its own section but Star Wars and LOTR(Lord of The Rings) are stuck in General Sci-Fi and Fantasy? Star Wars and LOTR have much larger fan bases and much more expansive universes then a crappy 1/2 a season long remake of a spin-off, and they deserve their own sections. is their any way you could make sections for them?
                                This is not the place for this question. It has been answered numerous times in many forms over in the *Ask The Mods* thread. I suggest you head over there and do a bit of reading

Comment

Working...
                                X