Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually know the romper room lady... she lives down the block from me in the summer time when i'm at the cabin hehe
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Then I guess that makes you special too.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
        I actually know the romper room lady... she lives down the block from me in the summer time when i'm at the cabin hehe
        Fine...go ahead and One Up me ...

Ooo do you think she looks into your house with her *mirror*

don't answer that...once again we are derailing the thread ..Kat I so blame you for this
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

hehem no this is not a reply ..really its not

no mirror... but her dog is the size of a bumble bee hehe

at least its not named finnigan that would just be wrong
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
            Fine...go ahead and One Up me ...

Ooo do you think she looks into your house with her *mirror*

don't answer that...once again we are derailing the thread ..Kat I so blame you for this
            I know, I know. I'm sorry. I just couldn't help it. It's what popped into my head.

You know I bet the Romper Room lady would have a field day with this thread. She'd tell us to learn to play nicely and to be respectful of others. That we each are responsible for what we say and do, regardless of what others around us do.

How's that for back on topic?
            sigpic

Comment

LOL I don't think SKy meant anything by using the names she did or didn't...they were just names she pulled out of thin air...if you notice MY NAME is on there

So I wouldn't take to much umbage about it either way...unless of course you did something and you are guilty and Edgar Allen Poe has been on your mind lately
              Nah, nah, it's a conspiracy! Yes, conspiracy!

::: Preens Proudly :::: I was actually ON Romper Room when I was little
              Wow, you're that ancient? *cough* I do sorta remember that show. Channel 5.... back when TV was simple and you had to turn a knob to change to one of a dozen or so channels, and the channels went off the air instead of polluting the airwaves with infomercials. Er, I digress...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                Nah, nah, it's a conspiracy! Yes, conspiracy!

Wow, you're that ancient? *cough* I do sorta remember that show. Channel 5.... back when TV was simple and you had to turn a knob to change to one of a dozen or so channels, and the channels went off the air instead of polluting the airwaves with infomercials. Er, I digress...
                I was wondering when the *A* word was gonna come up.... I always tell my kids that I was around when moving pictures were a group of us running behind another drawing pictures on the cave walls
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

yes, i just pulled names out of my head...and people that had posted on the page that was displayed when i posted

no conspiracy
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    yes, i just pulled names out of my head...and people that had posted on the page that was displayed when i posted

no conspiracy
                    I don't mean to be a big meanie, but my tooth is hurting and i'm feeling a bit off today, so i'll be as brief as i can before disappearing for the night so I don't get into trouble. But a question about the new threads, are any and all posts relating to s4 and actors classed as off topic along with talks about actors apparant misgivings for the show? becasue what i've seen so far tonight suggests that not a lot has changed, I don't know, maybe it's just me being a grumpy cow tonight, but I honestly thought it was for Seasn 5 only! And yet..... not so much

Sorry, that's as pleasant and unantagonistic as i can be tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                      I don't mean to be a big meanie, but my tooth is hurting and i'm feeling a bit off today, so i'll be as brief as i can before disappearing for the night so I don't get into trouble. But a question about the new threads, are any and all posts relating to s4 and actors classed as off topic along with talks about actors apparant misgivings for the show? becasue what i've seen so far tonight suggests that not a lot has changed, I don't know, maybe it's just me being a grumpy cow tonight, but I honestly thought it was for Seasn 5 only! And yet..... not so much

Sorry, that's as pleasant and unantagonistic as i can be tonight
                      I posted a reminder on the thread to try to keep it to season 5 talk but when discussing current or future seasons there's always bound to be refences to past seasons...to an extent, but on the whole it should be kept to season 5.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                        I posted a reminder on the thread to try to keep it to season 5 talk but when discussing current or future seasons there's always bound to be refences to past seasons...to an extent, but on the whole it should be kept to season 5.
                        I did the same thing last night but I too found it somewhat hard to discuss a season that has to air a single second of film without referring to things from the past.

I do believe that once the Season is in full swing it will be easier to NOT make references to the past history of SGA or even SG-1 but since TPTB have taken to pulling characters from SG-1 it is hard to NOT discuss those characters in that context as well as the past history of SGA to some extent.

You can only make judgment calls based on a shows past history when *trying* to predict its future actions.....

One other thing I found quite hard to do was keep to *just* S5 when trying to discuss my overall misgivings OR compliments regarding the PTB since all of them are so intertwined in both shows over time it is somewhat hard to stick to just one moment in time. Again it is a case of wanting to show a possible track record of events that lead you to the conclusions you have formed

Comment

there will be some overlapping, it's unavoidable.

they key is that it NOT be more past than present

just like, if it's the shep whump threead and it's someone's birthday, have fun wishing them a birthday...just don't make it every post for 3 days
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                            I did the same thing last night but I too found it somewhat hard to discuss a season that has to air a single second of film without referring to things from the past.

I do believe that once the Season is in full swing it will be easier to NOT make references to the past history of SGA or even SG-1 but since TPTB have taken to pulling characters from SG-1 it is hard to NOT discuss those characters in that context as well as the past history of SGA to some extent.

You can only make judgment calls based on a shows past history when *trying* to predict its future actions.....

One other thing I found quite hard to do was keep to *just* S5 when trying to discuss my overall misgivings OR compliments regarding the PTB since all of them are so intertwined in both shows over time it is somewhat hard to stick to just one moment in time. Again it is a case of wanting to show a possible track record of events that lead you to the conclusions you have formed
                            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            there will be some overlapping, it's unavoidable.

they key is that it NOT be more past than present

just like, if it's the shep whump threead and it's someone's birthday, have fun wishing them a birthday...just don't make it every post for 3 days
                            Thanks guy's I wasn't picking on any particular thread, just an observation. I know there's bound to be some overlap especially things you liked/didn't like in s4 and you either want them back/don't want them back. I understand that. I wasn't sure what would be classed as on/off topic. You know me, I like clarity on these things. Just think of me as a conduit for others who don't like to open up their big mouths. Because of course we all know that I never go off topic!

But as you rightly said these should only be as a stepping stone to what you like/dislike about the information released so far for s5. There's certainly enough stuff out there about the season 5 eps to keep folks busy, but....... maybe I was expecting something different? You know i'm high on meds at the moment, so my perception may be a lil hinky over the next few days, but for me I honestly thought that people would be looking at the information that's been released about the eps, and talking about;

Search and Rescue, broken ties, whispers, the seed, the daedy revelation etc and I guess i've not seen much of that. Maybe my perception is off, I don't know, I was just expecting more on topicy things and more talk about the show as opposed to SG1 eps, actors, TPTB, fans etc.

I agree, Sky that OT posts that go on and on and on for days can be exceptionally grating, trust me. Although i'm probably the worst offenders on that side of things, I normally do get back on topic within a short time frame! Hell, I can only wish i'd get birthday greetings for 3 days solid.

Thanks anyway for the gentle nudges

Comment

Working...
                            X