This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
    yeh I think that if elected they should get a review week where the people can see what they're like as mods and then after the week we all decide whether to keep them or elect another.
    yes but i think that the other mods would do the reveiw not us

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower View Post
      yes but i think that the other mods would do the reveiw not us
      indeed.

well I think that it should just be a one off thing, general mod elections just to see what happens if it doesn't work out then the mods can turn back time and de-mod their new mod. Happy ending

But then again they probably like the little group of mods they have already and wouldn't want anyone to move in on that. Ah well....
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

But then again they probably like the little group of mods they have already and wouldn't want anyone to move in on that. Ah well....
        well it is a somewhat harrowing thing to go through all of the little tests and all of the hoops we had to jump through it as built up a real *bond* for the ten of us Although I haven't quite yet figure out the Goldfish thing
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
          well it is a somewhat harrowing thing to go through all of the little tests and all of the hoops we had to jump through it as built up a real *bond* for the ten of us Although I haven't quite yet figure out the Goldfish thing
          what goldfish thing?

I just really think that the people who have been here a long time and have pure experiance with both poster and mod alike on GW, then they could be a real asset. Plus when GW needs updating it'd make things go a helluva lot faster.
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

kool theres a Goldfish thing , what about a pull the cyber sword out of the cyber rock thing

Comment

kool theres a Goldfish thing , what about a pull the cyber sword out of the cyber rock thing
              Have you got some kind of listening device in the Mod break room -_^
              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

what goldfish thing?
                another closely guarded secret...forget I ever mentioned
                Originally posted by mappalazarou
                I just really think that the people who have been here a long time and have pure experiance with both poster and mod alike on GW, then they could be a real asset. Plus when GW needs updating it'd make things go a helluva lot faster.
                I realize that you are basically serious about all of this, however, Darren has always stated that he already has a plan in place for how Mods are chosen and he has no plans to change that

So you have my apologies if our bit of fun has derailed the thread as well as belittled the thought process behind it

Comment

Have you got some kind of listening device in the Mod break room -_^
                  ummmmm, ummmmm, what if i said yes would there be consquences

if so no

Comment

another closely guarded secret...forget I ever mentioned

I realize that you are basically serious about all of this, however, Darren has always stated that he already has a plan in place for how Mods are chosen and he has no plans to change that

So you have my apologies if our bit of fun has derailed the thread as well as belittled the thought process behind it
                    nah dont worry about it ,your not raining on my parade

Comment

In Real Life : democracy r0x
                      Major prob though : some users might cheat the system by creating multinicks so as to vote more than once for their favorite candidate :| (I'm talking about the proposed "democracy" on the forum, not IRL -)
                      Last edited by SoulReaver; 28 October 2006, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                        democracy r0x
                        major prob though : some users might cheat the system by creating multinicks so as to vote more than once for their favorite candidate :|
                        GRRR that is a big problem ,ummm how can we solve that....

Comment

Darren,

Could you at least consider this as an option next time you're in need of a healthy new candidate for a mod - sort of a competition because it sure would be fun, and give us gateworlders something new to talk about apart from the cancellation and everthing else that has happened in the last few months.

please?

sigpic

Comment

GRRR that is a big problem ,ummm how can we solve that....
                            well the candidates should be people who are on GW a lot and have been here for quite a while, I dont think that making a newcomer a mod straight away would be a great thing to do. It would confuse both them and us.

sigpic

Comment

Darren,

Could you at least consider this as an option next time you're in need of a healthy new candidate for a mod - sort of a competition because it sure would be fun, and give us gateworlders something new to talk about apart from the cancellation and everthing else that has happened in the last few months.

please?
                              yeah it would be like a big morale boost for some people

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                                No way. Ever ...

this place is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship ... but at least the dictator actually has some sense.

In other words i trust Darren and his crack team to make the decisions a heck of a lot more than i'd trust everyone else as a group. There are so many different groups of people around, and people are more likely to vote for the people they know than some stranger from a different section, rather than consider who'd actually do the best job.
                                I believe the term is "benevolant tyrany"

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X