Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's a dreary and rainy saturday, but the rain will make the grass and the new plants i put in grow, so all's good.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      it's a dreary and rainy saturday, but the rain will make the grass and the new plants i put in grow, so all's good.
      I would love some rain. Its been sunny and a little warm all week. And my house needs the rain as well to replace the grass that was killed in the flood last December.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Around here, the rain is greatly appreciated when it comes because our pollen count is sky high. It's so nice to be able to breathe outside when it does rain. Besides, rain is a good excuse to stay inside and watch movies or read. Have fun, whatever you decide to do.
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
          Around here, the rain is greatly appreciated when it comes because our pollen count is sky high. It's so nice to be able to breathe outside when it does rain. Besides, rain is a good excuse to stay inside and watch movies or read. Have fun, whatever you decide to do.
          You could always go
          Singin' in the rain!!

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

My currently favourite mod's the one who graciously sends me her chocolate bribes.
            Signed,

Gregorius
            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
              You could always go

Singin' in the rain!!

suse
              I like to drive in the rain. Seriously it relaxes me.

Please tell me that doesn't sound crazy.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Happy Skyterday everybody.

tagged for size
                Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

happy skyturday! perhaps she will free mapp?
                  Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                  sigpic

Comment

wow, PA's sucking up good
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

wow, PA's sucking up good
                      i was going planning on doing something bigger but this week was to crazy

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                          [IG]http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee336/Greenway_bucket/Cantina/thegame02471.jpg[/IMG]
                          look at it this way your the captain of the cantina till he gets back

Comment

Not Captain, Admiral. On a different note:

On behalve of the GW Cantina I'm here to negotiate the release of POWs. We would also remind you, the Mods, that Mapp, as a POW, should be treated according to the Geneva conventions.

We, the GW Cantina, hereby appeal to your better nature and request that one of our own, Mapp, is released from the barbaric circumstances he's been forced into.

Solitary confinement has been, by people who've experienced it, been described as worse than physical abuse. Read this article published in the New Yorker for more information.

As Mapp's been placed in solitary confinement without any way of communicating with either his captors or his representatives, we hereby inform you that you're obligated to comply with the Geneva conventions. In our opinion you've violated Geneva Convention III, article 84, second paragraph, which states:

"In no circumstances whatever shall a prisoner of war be tried by a court of any kind which does not offer the essential guarantees of independence and impartiality as generally recognized, and, in particular, the procedure of which does not afford the accused the rights and means of defence provided for in Article 105."

As stated by the first paragraph of article 105 of the same convention:

"The prisoner of war shall be entitled to assistance by one of his prisoner comrades, to defence by a qualified advocate or counsel of his own choice, to the calling of witnesses and, if he deems necessary, to the services of a competent interpreter. He shall be advised of these rights by the Detaining Power in due time before the trial."

As of this post, the POW known as "Mapp", will be represented by the Lords of the GW Cantina. We look forward to seeing an improvement in his conditions.

Failure to comply will result in a very stern letter to the UN.

Furthermore do we wish all of you a nice day and inform you that the favourite mod of the GW Cantina is TameFarrar.
                            Signed,

Gregorius
                            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

He has received Cookies, fresh socks and the beverage of his choice. He has been able to converse with myself ...well ok he get to listen to me talk ...which I feel is even better

So he is being treated humanely
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                                He has received Cookies, fresh socks and the beverage of his choice. He has been able to converse with myself ...well ok he get to listen to me talk ...which I feel is even better

So he is being treated humanely
                                but your cookies are terribl! and listening to you is torture!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X