This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Tame Tuesday everyone!

And here's todays question for the mods.....If God made an account on Gateworld and went around the forum swearing and generally being intimidating to other members, would you ban him? And if so, how would you make he didn't come back? I mean he's 'God' for frak's sake!
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post

And here's todays question for the mods.....If God made an account on Gateworld and went around the forum swearing and generally being intimidating to other members, would you ban him? And if so, how would you make he didn't come back? I mean he's 'God' for frak's sake!
      lol happy tame tuesday

couldnt god recreate a account (and god is all loving , he wouldnt swear and be intimidating) now if it was an acsended being...

Comment

...But what if he did?

WHAT IF HE DID?!
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

*can* god be guilty of blasphemy? I don't think so. But, just for the sake of argument, suppose he did as you suggest. Being god, he could change the laws of the universe (and Greg) to keep an accout active technologically. However, *everyone* could just put him on ignore...
          sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's a case of blasphemy, per se, but I don't see Him doing something like that. In God's eyes, swearing and foul behaviour is a sin and He detests sin. So I can't see it, personally. The only behaviour I can see God getting called up on is for condemning people for their behaviour. But even then, I would imagine it would be done with gentleness and respect, as we are taught to do in the Bible.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

God would have an account that allowed him to strike every member down with lightning for - as Nolamom said - blasphemy because Stargate kinda removes religion away and brings science in to replace it
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
              Forum Charmer
              Forum Ambassador
              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Which god are we talking about? I'm sure a few war gods of various pantheons would be a pain in the ass to deal with. You tell them to stop being belligerent and they send an army after you... Maybe GW should stay low-key with advertising to the deity demographic.

On the other hand, Stargate probably has quite a bit of appeal to them, so they'd probably find Gateworld on their own.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

THOU SHALT NOT IGNORE.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                    Which god are we talking about? I'm sure a few war gods of various pantheons would be a pain in the ass to deal with. You tell them to stop being belligerent and they send an army after you... Maybe GW should stay low-key with advertising to the deity demographic.

On the other hand, Stargate probably has quite a bit of appeal to them, so they'd probably find Gateworld on their own.
                    lol war gods? what would they be doing on gateworld, let alone the internet

Comment

Originally posted by FORDs Follower View Post
                      lol war gods? what would they be doing on gateworld, let alone the internet
                      Flame Wars.
                      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post

And God would want to do this...why?

The hug goddess is my favorite today. 'Cuz, let's face it. Anyone whose greatest punitive tool is a hug has to be pretty darn nice, right?
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                          And God would want to do this...why?

The hug goddess is my favorite today. 'Cuz, let's face it. Anyone whose greatest punitive tool is a hug has to be pretty darn nice, right?
                          Or pretty sadistic
                          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno View Post
                            Or pretty sadistic
                            Personal experience, have we?
                            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                              Personal experience, have we?
                              I believe there's a picture somewhere of me, Ukky, GL, and a few others in an immense group hug.

It was so tight, we only just this last week fully finished seperating ourselves from each other ...
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                                Flame Wars.
                                i supose but if they were war gods they could actually create Flame Wars\

back on topic i vote for "What have all the other lemmings said?"

Comment

Working...
                                X