This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woot, I get a princess for Skyterday

Happy Saturday everyone. At least here the weather is fine, so go outside and enjoy it.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Happy Skyturday everybody.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Yes, well my Fairies got game. And they have a team of gnomes to back them up

Happy Thursday to the mods
        My Orcs have a Cave Troll...

And a White Wizard.. but he wandered off somewhere..

Comment

I've contemplated adding minions to my fairies and gnomes.

sigpic

Comment

Woot, I get a princess for Skyterday

Happy Saturday everyone. At least here the weather is fine, so go outside and enjoy it.
            I did and got hit with a 4.2 earthquake.

I am alive
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Well, can't have everything

Seriously, glad you're ok, although a 4.2 is just a little shaker.

sigpic

Comment

True. Its almost unheard of for my area of the country to have earthquakes
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I heard. My sister and bro in law are up in Michigan and felt it.

4.2 is a good quake to have....just enough to feel but not so much that anything is damaged.

We felt one here about a year ago. It was an oklahoma quake that we felt up here. I was sitting up stairs and it felt like/sounded like the dog was sitting by me scratching....then I realized the dog wasn't upstairs. I looked and saw that the plants were swaying and knew that it was an earthquake.
                  I guess you feel it a bit more on the second floor of a wooden structure.

sigpic

Comment

Happy Shipper Sunday!

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Happy Sunday!
                      sigpic

Comment

I heard. My sister and bro in law are up in Michigan and felt it.

4.2 is a good quake to have....just enough to feel but not so much that anything is damaged.

We felt one here about a year ago. It was an oklahoma quake that we felt up here. I was sitting up stairs and it felt like/sounded like the dog was sitting by me scratching....then I realized the dog wasn't upstairs. I looked and saw that the plants were swaying and knew that it was an earthquake.
                        I guess you feel it a bit more on the second floor of a wooden structure.
                        We had one here in Hamenthotepia back in 2008.. Was 5.2 and the epicentre was only 15 miles away But deep underground so on the surface it wasn't really that bad.. There were reports of slight damage. And one of my DVDs fell over

Was the first one I ever felt.. so when the house suddenly started shaking in the middle of the night it was only slightly terrifying

Comment

For us, it wasn't strong enough to be frightening, and 1030 on a saturday night, most folks likely thought they were drunk. I thought it was cool and immediately jumped online to see where it was.

But with all that is the knowledge that we've had really bad ones before - a 9. something in the 1800's, and if we have even a 5 or 6 + we'll be in trouble because few if any of our buildings are built to withstand them. Many of our older historical structures are built from brick or limestone, which will crumble in a strong shaker.

sigpic

Comment

At the time I thought it was just some loud farm equipment passing down the road. They can shake the house a little. It wasn't until going on the Internet that I realized it was a earthquake. I think the news said the last one was in the 70s
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Happy Shipmum Sunday.
                              sigpic

Comment

Merry Baggie Monday !

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X