This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMs not being sent.

Starting about 2 weeks ago is when I first noticed it, that is, when I sent a reply to a PM, it wouldn't actually sent it. This resulted in un-organization and overall confusion, or, of course, I may be losing my mind, but after 4-5 (or more, who knows...) issues I'm pretty sure its not in my head..

Any suggestions mods?
    Darren?
    Smart people?
    Greg?
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp
    Starting about 2 weeks ago is when I first noticed it, that is, when I sent a reply to a PM, it wouldn't actually sent it. This resulted in un-organization and overall confusion, or, of course, I may be losing my mind, but after 4-5 (or more, who knows...) issues I'm pretty sure its not in my head..

Any suggestions mods?
    Darren?
    Smart people?
    Greg?

LOL. By establishing a separate category for smart people the implication is that the mods, Darren and Greg are NOT smart people.

Comment

They are ABOVE smart my friend.
      sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Sharp

Any suggestions mods?
        Darren?
        Smart people?
        Greg?
        You sure you clicked the button to send? As dumb as that sounds, sometimes a click doesn't take. It's happened to me before. But since i save a draft of every message i send, i simply pulled the ,essage out of the drafts folder and sent it again, making sure to click the send button once or twice just to be sure it actually got sent.

Comment

Another strange possibility - the recipient's PM box may be full preventing them from getting your message.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
            Another strange possibility - the recipient's PM box may be full preventing them from getting your message.
            This is true. I myself am one of those people that gets so many pm's from all the folks that like me, that I am sometimes a bit lazy or forgetfull to empty out everything.

It can be a burden sometimes being so popular. But someone has to do it..
            Some people try to turn back the Odometer of life... Not me, I want people to know the roads I've traveled. And not all of the roads were paved...

Comment

Another thing is that, along with the normal "Post Reply" window, the first "submit message" button doesn't work. If you click that nothing happens and your PM doesn't get sent. However, if you are looking at the preview screen, scroll down to the second "Submit" button and try that. It's a weird quirk that Greg and Darren know about but haven't got a fix for yet.
              And if it's something else the aforementioned smarties will might be along to answer your question later....

Comment

From now on I'll try the preview button and see how that works out..
                sigpic

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

NOoooooo!!!! It's the 'submit' button under the 'Preview' screen that DOESN'T work. Go down farther, to the submit button under the screen in which you were typing.
                  I've also found that if I half-heartedly click the 'submit' button, off to one edge or something, it won't take.

*sighs* I've lost more posts that way.

click for a full-size image
                  Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X