This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The download rule

Who think the rule that you can't ask for download is lame. Every other forum let you. A what even lamer is whae people say's they saw a new clip or promo they give you the your tube link or the link to were you saw it. It just like giving the like to were you can find episode downloads.

Originally posted by Samantha_Carter
    Who think the rule that you can't ask for download is lame. Every other forum let you. A what even lamer is whae people say's they saw a new clip or promo they give you the your tube link or the link to were you saw it. It just like giving the like to were you can find episode downloads.
    Because we don't want to see the show fail because people are downloading eps for free. After all, the shows do profit from the sales of their respective DVD's.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

There is a huge difference between linking to promos and downloading episodes- not to mention that sci-fi does nothing but profit from the sharing around of promos.....

Comment

There's also the fact that this site has close links to the show, with actors, writers, producers and crew all posting here from time to time.

A - we want to support the show
        B - we don't want GateWorld to get shut down
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

the rule is in place because we do not want to get the MPAA on our tushes and shutting us down for trafficking of information leading to illegal downloads.

posting a 'this promo is on scifi's site, go see it' is one thing. posting a 'i made this music video, it's here....' is one thing.

posting illegal downloads is another and is not allowed here.

I'm sorry you feel it is lame, but it is a rule and it is non-negotiable.

If someone joins this forum to chat with their fellow fans, they're more than welcome. If their sole purpose for being here is to look for downloads....they're welcome to go elsewhere.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think I can wait until the night it airs. And I think this is covered in the rules and Faq. A Mod can correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Yeah but people buy the DVD because they like the show. And they want to see the be hide the scene on the DVD's. But what about the people who don't have any money to buy the DVD's. You not going to give out links to Downloads just to give Sci-Fi top show that will go to it 12 season just to make more people watch it and how about the people who want the downloads to make stargate fan videos. This forum is being mean and unfair.

Comment

This forum is being mean and unfair.
                ...Then go somewhere else.

Comment

Yeah but people buy the DVD because they like the show. And they want to see the be hide the scene on the DVD's. But what about the people who don't have any money to buy the DVD's. You not going to give out links to Downloads just to give Sci-Fi top show that will go to it 12 season just to make more people watch it and how about the people who want the downloads to make stargate fan videos. This forum is being mean and unfair.
                  Videotape the eps when they come on with a DVR, I'm sure there's some way you can transfer it to your computer.

Best Stargate quote:
                  Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                  Green is your friend.

Comment

No it's not

You've been here what? 2 minutes?

There's a lot of people with little or no money here...I'm one of them...I saved up and waited almost 2 years before I could make my first video.

I'm sorry to say, but not having the money's not a very good reason...And the site's not being mean...think about the money it takes to run a place like this...they're not going to risk legal action over something like this.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                      Because we don't want to see the show fail because people are downloading eps for free. After all, the shows do profit from the sales of their respective DVD's.
                      Just because people download doesn't mean that they don't own all the DVDs.

*cough*

Some of us don't get Sci-Fi.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well too bad. Life isn't fair.

EDIT: uh...you said it DigiFluid. *Cough*

Comment

Some of us don't live in countries where Sci Fi is shown. And we don't think GW's lame for banning download talk.
                          sigpic

Comment

This topic has been covered and recovered.

No download info is to be posted here.

Plain and simple.

If folks are looking for download info, go elsewhere.

So this topic is closed. And the only reason i'm leaving the thread up - for the time being - is as a reminder since we'll have new episodes in about 29 hours and the topic will come up again.

Samantha, i invite you to check out some other threads and join in on the discussions going on around here. But please stop asking about downloads and accept our rules for what they are. Something you agreed to abide by when you joined the forum.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              There's also the fact that this site has close links to the show, with actors, writers, producers and crew all posting here from time to time.

A - we want to support the show
                              B - we don't want GateWorld to get shut down
                              I think this post pretty accurately sums up why we can't discuss downloading. And why I fully support that rule.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X