This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    Yes, but sometimes you get poetry! Okay, really BAD poetry, but still...

Anyway, my question is: how many hours a day do you think you spend at GW as a mod? I know it must vary, I'm talking about in general. Have you been asked to spend so many hours a week here, or is it just whenever you can?

I spend personally appx 2-4 hours a day moderating during the week and anywhere from no time to 8-16 hours over the weekend.

Since my work has banned access to any type of groups or forums I can no longer Moderate during the day as I used to
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
      This is a lovely thread. Thanks, SM, for starting it.

From what I've read here, modding is like being on SG-1: exciting and dangerous, a sort of patriotic sense of duty, with much of their heroics never to be revealed to the public.

Angst, anger, a bit of humor, personalities.... Ship? Whump?

Maybe we should write fanfic: Gateworld - The Mod Squad.
      anyone starts singing THAT song..... bloodshed may happen
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

i would sing, THAT song...if i knew it...someone sing it so i can learn it for future reference.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immotep
          i would sing, THAT song...if i knew it...someone sing it so i can learn it for future reference.
          Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
          what song
          Knowing when NOT to answer a question is also a great attribute in being a Moderator

Comment

someonesing the song *puppy eyes*
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              ... and other trade secrets of mod-dom...
              [bold mine]

It just sounds so... kinky

*sigh*

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

I spend personally appx 2-4 hours a day moderating during the week
                Wow. That's it? I thought it would be more during the week. I'm suprised, especially considering that during the week, I practically live on GWF.

Best Stargate quote:
                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                Green is your friend.

Comment

oh i thought there where talking about a actually song .....i need some sleep
                  It is an actual song ....with words and everything

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                    Wow. That's it? I thought it would be more during the week. I'm suprised, especially considering that during the week, I practically live on GWF.
                    LOL...well lets see I work a 9-hour day and they block any GW access there and then I get home, say Hi to the family and then am on the computer anywhere from 5-7 or 9/10 pm so all my waking hours are spent at either a paying job that thanks me with $$$ and promotions and then the other part of my waking hours on a job that thanks me with promises of Magic Beans and private messages that are weird ....... so do you think I should give up sleep to spend a bit more quality time with you all

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      so do you think I should give up sleep to spend a bit more quality time with you all
                      A real mod would. That's called "dedication." ...Or was it "insanity?" Same thing, pretty much.

Comment

A real mod would. That's called "dedication." ...Or was it "insanity?" Same thing, pretty much.
                        mmmmmm well if you look at some of my posting times you can tell when I have major insomnia...and I am on from1-3 in the morning..... so I think that finally qualifies me as a real Mod .... or.... I am insane.......hey wait a minute.... Maybe I am sane and its the rest of you that are crazy *narrows eyes*

Comment

Nah, it's gotta be you, Tame. No sane person would choose to be a mod.

Comment

Nah, it's gotta be you, Tame. No sane person would choose to be a mod.
                            Naha!...then you must be insane to be a mod.....add that to the list

and be versitile with Voodoo dolls...hehehehehe oh and be able to handle live chickens....and ..... oh no sorry THAT is a secret

Comment

as you know there always my insane asylum thread to help you if you need it and i have seen you up at 1-3 in the morning weat coast time
                              *Glares at Mal* so just what are you saying???? have you been peeking at my posts or somethin' *raises eyebrows*

and how did you know I had that *wrap-around-jacket*???? huh? Huh?

Comment

so does that mean eventually major clanger woke up one morning and realized what she got her self into

( from my understanding she left on her own)
                                And STILL cackles at us from afar

She always was the smart one in class too

Comment

Working...
                                X