Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must also add my distaste for the Western Union ad.
    sigpic

----------
    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      It's the ad's marked "rollover", they trigger as soon as your cursor *touches* them, and often your cursor will be at the top, in the middle of your screen, hence the "auto-launch"

I swear If I see and hear another ad for Eysium (which is the AU default ad) I will SCREAM.

Yes, I can adblock, but adblock pretty much "non-tags" me for a possible revenue stream for gateworld.
      I don't mind being a "possible", I loathe being a "EAT THIS MONKEY!!"
      I've made certain that the cursor (CURSE-or!) is down at the bottom with no chance to accidentally launch this thing and it still does it. I wouldn't mind the ad, I seldom look at them anyway, but being forced to do so makes me want to give them a piece of my mind about it. May do that anyway.

Comment

Update:

Darren's tried again to have the W.U. Ad removed or at least modified to turn it into a normal closed "Click to load" or "Click /hover to learn more" version,but unfortunately that can't be done by the Providers.

However...the ad run will end during December 20th.

Not the news we were hoping for,but at least the end's in sight.

Thank you all for your continued patience.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Yes I know.Most ads stay closed till clicked : this one doesn't.

Hopefully Darren will be able to to get the ad removed at source on the basis of what everyone's posted.
          *passes a message* Jelgate is having issues with a rollover ad, I guess it's the one everyone is talking about. It's blocking access to the forum. His computer freezes up when the ad opens.

Comment

Unfortunately just a couple more days and the campaign will be over.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Could said ad be causing the left-of-center forum page position in the forum? I'm guessing here, but this ad, and others, aren't able to center themselves in the proper locations for ads, causing the forum page to load on the left side. I've seen the Jeep ad only on the GW homepage. Haven't seen the WU ad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                *passes a message* Jelgate is having issues with a rollover ad, I guess it's the one everyone is talking about. It's blocking access to the forum. His computer freezes up when the ad opens.
                Actually its not that ad, although I have gotten one. I am still having issues but not as severe. They are for different products but seem to be structured the same. I have tried to copy the link but it doesn't work highlighting the fact its a flash ad. If you put your mouse over the ads, their is a 3 second countdown with sound before the ad enlarges. The product varries from a Ford car to a cell phone
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Unfortunately just a couple more days and the campaign will be over.
                  Sky - the campaign may be over soon for Western Union...however it appears a Chrysler Jeep ad is taking it's place and doing the same thing where you don't have to scroll or click on anything and it's there, full screen.....just had it happen.......
                  sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

To do anything about any ads ,Darren needs caps and the code jel mentioned if possible.

The more info he can send ,the faster he can contact the ad suppliers.

Are any of you able to use the Snipping Tool to "grab" the latest ads? That might be a way to save the info without having to go to third-party sites or go through the whole ad babble.

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                      Could said ad be causing the left-of-center forum page position in the forum? I'm guessing here, but this ad, and others, aren't able to center themselves in the proper locations for ads, causing the forum page to load on the left side. I've seen the Jeep ad only on the GW homepage. Haven't seen the WU ad at all.
                      Any ad that misaligns the forum display definitely needs to be capped if a simple "refresh" doesn't clear it from your screen.

Comment

Any ad that misaligns the forum display definitely needs to be capped if a simple "refresh" doesn't clear it from your screen.
                        The accursed Elysium ad I mentioned earlier is indeed left aligned.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It's probably being hyped to promote the dvd release,was misloaded by whoever hosts it and should vanish soon ....however that doesn't help your situation!

Have you got the Snipping Tool available in your controls?

Sample capped via the Snipping Tool ( Old ad.Long gone,but I kept the pic.) :
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ahh, I don't care enough about it to worry that much about it Baggie, I just wanted to rant
                            Ranting at the kids is seen as "bad"
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

something else must be causing the forum page to load left-of-center because ad was centered, even after refreshing the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Ahh, I don't care enough about it to worry that much about it Baggie, I just wanted to rant
                                Ranting at the kids is seen as "bad"
                                Fair enough,lol! Venting at least lets us know you're having the problem with that ad.

Comment

Working...
                                X