that movie sucked so of course the ad does too
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Skyline ad should be gone now.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

It's disappeared.Haven't seen it around for hours.Thanks,Darren !
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Great! Thanks.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
            Don't use addblocker on GW , the adds help Darren keep up this site .
            i will always block ads on every site. nothing is more annoying.

if you want my help keeping your site up, and it's a site i appreciate and like - then have a donation drive once a year.
            My other boards do it, and you can donate $5, $10, $20+, and whatever you donate gets you different perks, like larger avatars/more PMs/etc. I donate $20 every year because I use the baords every day. So does every one else.
            I know Darren has said he won't do this, but imagine if all the regular users here donated $5, christ he could buy a third world country.
            i know i'd kick in my $.

Comment

Same here. I'd gladly pay for a subscription that would let me avoid ads with a good conscience. As it is, I'm one of the annoyance avoiding freeloaders, sorry.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                Skyline ad should be gone now.
                Thank you again!
                Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                sigpic
                Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Something caused me to get the blue screen of death, The only two sites I had open were Gateworld, and another site (which is quite legit), I restarted my machine, and it works just fine, currently am running Mbam now. I'm not sure if it is an ad, or something I personally did, but it scared me for a minute.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

bannerfarm.ace.advertising.com

That and media2.adshuffle.com keep slowing the browser down when it is almost finished loading the page.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Tood.

It'd be interesting to know if the same ad from that first link is the one General Jumper One posted about today in Ask the Moderators,but chances are it was a different one.

Comment

I switched to Chrome of Google. I was using FireFox (No idea which version). And I also found out why Chrome doesn't go to the last read post when you click on that option to view a thread. When an ad takes a while to load (After the page fully loads) I just press "Stop" on the browser and it takes me to the last post that I read.

Also, Profiles and advanced responses under Firefox seem to take forever to finish loading for the same reason, I have not encountered that with Chrome.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you're better off sticking with Chrome.

I've got FF 4.0.1,and still hit the lags a little on getting to the right unread post in threads.

Greg's told us ( see Ask the Mods) that there's another vBB patch upcoming soon ,that hopefully will hit the existing vBB bugs and glitches.

No ETA on that yet though.

Comment

Hi! I received an attack from one of the ads. The attacking site was dollhopco.be.

Comment

Noted for Darren's attention.

Fuller details will really help if you (or others) see anything loading from that site ,including details of the type of threat, so if it appears again,a screencap would be ideal .

(If a screencap isn't possible,then write down the loading codes if you can and post those instead ,thanks.)

Comment

Sorry for taking this long. I had a hard time finding the log for intrusion.

Seems I don't have permission to attach a file/image to the post.

Here is the transcription:

Risk Name: Web Attack: Blackhole Toolkit Website 5
                                Risk: High
                                Attacking computer: 193.105.154.238, 80
                                Attacker URL: dollhop.co.be/index.php?f2aac5514568eb04

Comment

Working...
                                X