Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not removing the ad is Darren's prerogative, but I removed GateWorld from my Adblock whitelist because I don't want to see it. It's not something that I want on my screen.

Comment

Is anyone else getting this one? (Spoilered for ugh.)

Spoiler:

I even resent the fact that this picture is now in my photobucket. Eww.

I find it considerable less pleasant than the illustrated lass. (At least she's pretty...) And it feels like it's stalking me, it seems to turn up more regularly than any others! (Though I'm aware that's probably my imagination...)

Comment

OMG somebody got beat down with the ugly stick!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          OMG somebody got beat down with the ugly stick!
          The two in the middle? Aye, they're no' braw...!

Comment

I'm not sure if this is related to a specific ad as there seem the be different ones. But I am getting a security alert from Trend Micro for the following address:

http://adserving.cpxinteractive.com/...TION_CODE_HERE

saying that the site may contain spyware.

It just started happening yesterday and will happen several times when new pages load.

Comment

I've let Skydiver know about these ads,especially the one that's causing the security alert.

She's e-mailing Darren to let him know .

Thanks everyone !
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

the following ads for the same site do not break any rules of GW I think (rip off doesn't count I suppose ) but still make me rise my eyebrows and doubt the seriousness of the site they are advertising...thought I let you know

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/p...MgjNnOxhlRvj4g

Spoiler:

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/p...jIITe0ewk214KU

Spoiler:

see the very interesting difference in the bottom right corner?

EDIT: it appears in small now too
                http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/p...MgiusOBNcdUMCw

EDIT2: small with prize just joined the club
                http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/p...DIIDDOMyVFU0OY
                Last edited by Shanthaia; 12 August 2009, 04:15 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Hummm..

I've been getting a few ads on here ( 3 that I remember so far ) that have been sending me over to another site and closing down gateworld in the process.

I'm not sure if it's gateworlds fault... but it has been happening only on this site so far.

Anyone else? or just problems on my end?

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                    Is anyone else getting this one? (Spoilered for ugh.)

Spoiler:
                    http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt223/Alder76/Not%20Rodney/EWWWWWWWWWWWW.gif
                    I even resent the fact that this picture is now in my photobucket. Eww.

I find it considerable less pleasant than the illustrated lass. (At least she's pretty...) And it feels like it's stalking me, it seems to turn up more regularly than any others! (Though I'm aware that's probably my imagination...)
                    im glad i havent seen this one yet *knocks wood*

but i know what you mean... i think the illustrated girl is stalking me... that ad shows up most regularly on my pages on gateworld (and im sick of seeing it)...

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    Boobs. For some online game. It might be borderline, but it's not what I'm looking for on Gateworld.

Image:

URL:
                    im glad im not the only one... this ad appears on most of my pages most of the time and i find it very offputting, especially when im on gateworld everyday...
                    Last edited by katjoy; 10 August 2009, 03:10 AM.
                    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      Hummm..

I've been getting a few ads on here ( 3 that I remember so far ) that have been sending me over to another site and closing down gateworld in the process.

I'm not sure if it's gateworlds fault... but it has been happening only on this site so far.

Anyone else? or just problems on my end?
                      Yes, that's happened to me twice. I was just sitting there reading a thread and not touching my mouse or anything and all of the sudden GW was gone and another site was there. They were two different sites and unfortunately, I can't remember what either of them was.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                        Yes, that's happened to me twice. I was just sitting there reading a thread and not touching my mouse or anything and all of the sudden GW was gone and another site was there. They were two different sites and unfortunately, I can't remember what either of them was.
                        I had that a while back and found after investigation that the ads had been downloaded to my pc after my son used it to access a game cheat site.

The darn thing hid itself in my windows download file and took half an hour of work to get it deleted.
                        sigpic

Comment

The newest malvertising trick is to put malware on ads. That way you can get infected even from a site that should be safe, unless the ad distributor is really, really careful with the ads it accepts for distribution.

Sorry, but that's yet another reason to block ads, a shame really.
                          sigpic

Comment

There seems to have been an ad show up in the last couple days that's slowing down page load times, at least for me. My browser shows that it's waiting for n4403ad.doubleclick.net on the bottom of my screen and the page just hangs for 10ish secs before finally getting around to loading the page

It's a little thing, and it's not on every page, but it is annoying....
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

doubleclick.net is a primary ad server used by our ad partner. I'd need some info on the ad itself to do anything.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

This Project Runway ad with the clip right side has made my internet freeze a dozen times in the last half hour. It freezes, and I keep having to close the itnernet then retart it, and two minutes later it happens again. It's starting to make me angry.

EDIT: Okay, it just happened again. Twice.

EDIT II: It has done this literally thirteen times in the last fifteen minutes! I'm getting a little upset here!
                                Last edited by Alteran of Atlantis; 27 August 2009, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X