X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no wii ads problems here. the ad's all over the internet so i'm used to it

Comment

Thanks Darren! I'll green you if it comes off.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
      MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
        I know its been addressed, but for some reason I'm getting the Wii ad even more frequently now, like every other page.
        .....and even when replying on a thread..

Comment

Folks, i certainly understand your frustration with the ads, but 'yelling' at darren or us ain't gonna fix anything.

and we can't make the ad company work any faster. we're trying.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not yelling...just pointing out where the ads are showing up..especially an audio ad. Other ads aren't that obtrusive or invasive.

Comment

Yeah I wasn't trying to yell either I was just pointing out that the Wi ad in particular was becoming more and more frequent. In any event I haven't seen it yesterday or today, so thank you.

Comment

I wasn't "yelling" either... I simply asked if anyone else was bugged by the Wii ad besides me and apparently a lot of folks round these parts are.

Thank you Darren for the hard work on solving this problem.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

There is an add that has been haunting me for a week or so now and it slowly but surly drives me mad. About 80% of the adds I get to see is just this one:

Spoiler:

It is a noisy add that starts laughing evilly the very moment the mouse curser gets only anywhere near it for a nanosecond. I know that is allowed, but it somewhat hard not to hit it when it is showing at the top and bottom ALL the time

it leads to there: http://www.der-todestest.com/?at

I get it in 2 different sizes, which have different properties:

big: http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/p...Mgj9JzNvIqtv9w

small: http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com...TIIERwUJt90DXI

I guess I get it that much because it registers that I am from a german speaking country - it started to show german ads a while ago - at first really interesting stuff like holiday possiblities in my region and things like that - but now only that starnge ad for a death test

I would be really grateful if something could be done about it

If I have forgotten something please tell me on how to get the information you need (computer dummy sitting here) - it won't be hard to get the info as the ad is showing almost always...

Many thanks
                  Shan

sigpic

Comment

sorry, me again

I had another ad than the death test just for a change...and I am not sure such an ad should be on GW.

Spoiler:

(sorry for the bad quality, but it animated and I just couldn't get a better screen shot)

I do not want to offend anyone, but for me it doesn't matter if one views scientology as religion or business organization (that faces charges for criminal behavour in several european countries at the moment) - neither should be advertised on GW in my oppinion. Just thought I voice that concern.

ad leads to: http://www.scientology.org/#/intro_scroll

property: http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/p...DIIlIYvIT4TrjM

(I think, as right click does not allow to ask for properties with that ad - I got that from the media site information - and again I am not the most brillinat person with computers )

sigpic

Comment

(Sorry Skydiver, but it seems no one was yelling at Darren.)
                      In other news, I promised to green Darren if he fixed it, so thank a bunch and Green for you!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                      MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I've added scientology.org to the blocked list at Google.

Not sure about the "Death Test" at this point. I hesitate to block an ad that only makes noise when you mouse over it, since it would establish the precedent and everyone would want every ad with audio removed.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

many thanks, darren

I know the death ad is a borderline case - it wouldn't be bad, if only it wouldn't be there ALL THE TIME for me.

Whatever your decision, I will respect it - however, please note that if it goes on to show up in the 80% or more frequency of loaded ads I may have no other choice as to activate ad block to save my sanity (sorry)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                            I've added scientology.org to the blocked list at Google.

Not sure about the "Death Test" at this point. I hesitate to block an ad that only makes noise when you mouse over it, since it would establish the precedent and everyone would want every ad with audio removed.

I already want every audio ad moved to be honest they are one of two of the most obnoxious types of Internet ads. The other being ads that cover a site's content, I'm thankful gateworld doesn't use those.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
                              [/B]

I already want every audio ad moved to be honest they are one of two of the most obnoxious types of Internet ads. The other being ads that cover a site's content, I'm thankful gateworld doesn't use those.
                              well use to a few minths ago i think, it had those ads where if you aciently moused over them they dropped down and covered the page. Man were those annoying
                              Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Are we still seeing the talking Wii ad? I have someone on the hunt for it, if it hasn't expired ...
                                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X